BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Simpson

I also believe Brett Emerton was a solid and exciting right back when he played for us, and saw no reason to find a replacement, as Bert is much better playing there than right wing. Didnt make sense and still doesnt, unless Brett is to be pushed up to central midfield, which again doesnt make sense with Grella's signing.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Thought i would bump this thread to discuss Simpson and how he has performed so far.

From what i've seen he does have some potential, he is quick and is pretty good going forward. He is young and will need more minutes on the pitch to help his development, he is far from the finished article IMO.

Has anyone else got any thoughts on Simpson and how he has done so far?

Decent enough performance, quick, good on the ball and can win a tackle.

My one concern is that he seemed a little too quick to boot the ball into touch for a premierleague full back IMO but then again, it was his second premierleague start, I'm sure he will get that out of his game.

My one concern is that he seemed a little too quick to boot the ball into touch for a premierleague full back IMO

Yes, he doesn't have the class needed to make it in the Prem. Championship full back.

- Awaits groans by those who can't see past blue and white. :lol:

Yes, he doesn't have the class needed to make it in the Prem. Championship full back.

I'm convinced you're just trying to wind people up now.

I like what I've seen in Simpson, the best right back we've had at Ewood for a good few years.

I'm convinced you're just trying to wind people up now.

I like what I've seen in Simpson, the best right back we've had at Ewood for a good few years.

Your first sentence:- Never!

Second sentence, - you must be joking. Lucas Neill and Emerton leave him in their wake.

Your first sentence:- Never!

Second sentence, - you must be joking. Lucas Neill and Emerton leave him in their wake.

Give the lad a chance! Emerton was shocking at right back after two games, it took him ages to grow into the role. Neill was a quality player but the lad is young and had a good game. Our own fans are desperate sometimes.

Den your posts read like a jim mk2 wind up now.

Simpson looks a good player, he's clearly far better positionally at RB than Lucash ever was, I'd rate him about the same as Emerton in that position.

I suppose it depends on whether Ince wants to use Bert in midfield given he has shown considerable promise in that position.

First time I got to see Simpson on Saturday. He was all right, best right back we've had since Lucas Neill had his good season there. He didn't find it easy in the first 60 minutes but that may well have been down to having Pedersen in front of him. Once Emerton (who was immense all game) moved to right wing he started playing really well. He looked like Warnock going forward, something I've always liked about Warnock, and made some telling contributions in the last half hour. Dare I say it but we need two Emo's, one who can play midfield like he did on Saturday and one who can cover Simpsons run forwards like he did in the last half hour. That might sound a bit odd but it's the only way I can describe it.

A very good prospect if he can progress (as always with youngsters) and Fergie will only be too pleased to see him play. That's the only down side I can see!

Comparing den to jimbo?

I thought insults were banned! ;)

So did I Stu. Jim will be livid.

Anyhow, it looks like honest opinions are banned as well. Unless you can say everythings fantastic down Ewood way, you have to keep your mouth shut. [Not surprising that Rev thinks Simpson's better than Lucas though, is it?].

Everything I'd heard previously about Simpson was about how tricky he was on the ball and how good he was going forward. He looks solid enough defensively and probably just needs a decent run of half a dozen matches before he'll feel settled in his role and be confident enough to show us that side of game.

Everything I'd heard previously about Simpson was about how tricky he was on the ball and how good he was going forward. He looks solid enough defensively and probably just needs a decent run of half a dozen matches before he'll feel settled in his role and be confident enough to show us that side of game.

I have no hidden agenda, am neither pro nor anti Ince and don't think everything is wonderful at ewood, nor is everything disastrous and I thought simpson's cinfidence and performance grew as the defence realised they could actually defend if they kept it simple and did their job properly. as for hoofing it out of play too often, sometimes you just have to do what it takes and as long as you pin the opposition back as far down the field as you can, given the shaky confidence of our defence going into this match I think it was a day for safety first.

So did I Stu. Jim will be livid.

Anyhow, it looks like honest opinions are banned as well. Unless you can say everythings fantastic down Ewood way, you have to keep your mouth shut. [Not surprising that Rev thinks Simpson's better than Lucas though, is it?].

talk about gamekeeper turned poacher.... :P

I have no hidden agenda, am neither pro nor anti Ince and don't think everything is wonderful at ewood, nor is everything disastrous and I thought simpson's cinfidence and performance grew as the defence realised they could actually defend if they kept it simple and did their job properly. as for hoofing it out of play too often, sometimes you just have to do what it takes and as long as you pin the opposition back as far down the field as you can, given the shaky confidence of our defence going into this match I think it was a day for safety first.
Why have I got a heart at the top of the post?

Gumboots loves bing! Gumboots loves bing!

Right, now I've stopped being childish I'll say that Simpson may become a good player to have around, and if he is, then I hope that he signs. Emo is a good right back, but I'd rather have Andre in central defence ahead of Nelsen since Horatio is in bad form. Then Oijer can be captain.

Archived