BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fowler Out Now !

JAL

ok im sorry all hail robbie

Kuqi scored yesterday, didn't he? Nonda's popped a few in too since leaving us. So, a player that's started two games for us - much less than what the two previously mentioned 'strikers' did when they wore our valued shirts - should be effectively sacked, from a pay-as-play contract?

How many weeks into Kuqi's or Nonda's Rovers career where you shouting for them to be chopped?

Just for balance, I agree the Fowler love-in is a strange one. However, I was pleasantly surprised with his workrate/performance against Everton. Seems Ince picked him for both games to give him the chance based on historic form, so it's not like you're being Nostradamus indicating Fowler's not exactly at the peak of his game. Or do you seriously think Ince doesn't see this? Surely Derb's effect coming on as a sub adding weight to the argument, however isn't Derbs just destined to be a super-sub/'impact player'?

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They didn't work together thats all, Roberts hardly set the world on fire. By both of your's logic we should put him in the stocks for a week. Ooijer had a stinker as a first game lets get rid of him too, Grella can join him along with treacy. One game does constitute a reasonable assessment but given the boo's I heard when he went off reasonable is a word not best associated with some of our supporters.

Why can you not admit to the fact that Fowler has not put in a good performance for many years and his position as member of a Prem league squad at BRFC is just a shambles!

Fowler was very poor, but then so had been Matty in his last few starts, so I can see why Ince tried him.

If Ince was picking Fowler and Andrews every game, I could understand the level of vitriol aimed at Ince via these 2 players, but it's the end of October and they've had about 4 starts between them, so hardly the old pals act that was predicted.

Even so, Fowler will have to do much better to earn a starting place.

they didnt work together thats all?

c'mon be real,he WAS a good player not IS.He was off the pace and never got in position to trouble the goalie.

Unfortunately Fowler is well past his best and his Premiership days should be long gone as he isn't even a shadow of his former self but he is Ince's mate !

Why can you not admit to the fact that Fowler has not put in a good performance for many years and his position as member of a Prem league squad at BRFC is just a shambles!

OK when I hear Boo's for one of our players personally I am disgusted. If people read through this thread at no stage have I said he is the next Messiah, what I have done is try to offer a different view point. Most people on here have slatted him from the second his trial started, guilty till proven innocent.

I am not so Fickle as to judge him on one poor performance. I am also not willing to speculate that someone else would have done better instead as thats a mute point. I hate to think what would be being said if Fowler had missed a sitter from 6 yards out and then retreated into his shell for the rest of the game. Ince has even felt the need to go public now to justify his selection, you'll also notice that even despite the Boo's Fowler had the decency to applaud the fans. How about you reciprocate his manly gesture, as opposed to classing him the footballing joke of the year.

If he is working hard in training and scoring goals does has he not earnt the right of an opportunity? Is that not how football should work? MGP has been given 18 months to hit form again before the Boo's started, Fowler has had two games. His goals to games records is second to none. He'll never perform if he's booed by his own fans, confidence is a big part of football and if your own fans can't help instill that what hope does he have.

Fowler was very poor, but then so had been Matty in his last few starts, so I can see why Ince tried him.

If Ince was picking Fowler and Andrews every game, I could understand the level of vitriol aimed at Ince via these 2 players, but it's the end of October and they've had about 4 starts between them, so hardly the old pals act that was predicted.

Even so, Fowler will have to do much better to earn a starting place.

A level headed viewpoint.

Becuase even an idiot could see he did more in his brief spell on the pitch than Derbs, Fowler and Roberts combined - and he is unfit!

Good job Rovers fans let Ince know what was needed otherwise I suspect he would have stayed on the bench.

"Massive point" - err Bolton away. Reasoning for starting Fowler "I had a feeling" - What a joke.

. I am also not willing to speculate that someone else would have done better instead as thats a mute point. I hate to think what would be being said if Fowler had missed a sitter from 6 yards out and then retreated into his shell for the rest of the game.

your not willing to speculate about someone else but you are willing to speculate about fowler missing from 6 yards and what would have happened for the rest of the game.

when is it ok to specualte and when is it not?im confused.

Archived