BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ince Vs Hughes... Who's Going To Say D'oh First

So we have gone from the excitement of signing a rising new talent as a manager to having th eshortest reigning manager as rumours abound that there is discontent in the Brockhall Camp. I, like most Rovers, I guess, is to wait and see what happens on the pitch!

But even if we judge Paul by his work so far, the facts that is... (and obviously with help from Big John, the unsung hero of Ewood)

GoalKeeper - Hero Brad Leaves and is replaced by an experienced keeper 10 years his junior (with England creditionals) for an approx balance of 1 million... not bad for your first week.

Bentley - he was going anyway... bye bye... and JW gets soemshere between 7 an 10 miliion profit (depending on which paper you read!)

Staying - Warnock, Gamst, Santa Cruz, McCarthy, Nelsen, Samba, Reid

In: Villeneuva (if you-tube is anything, to go by this kid is the "Dog's Gonads"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julio "Junior" Santa Cruz - perphas the sisters will turn up to do some half time entertainment!

Danny "Boy" Simpson... (rated by the gum chewing jock)

Possibles: Annan, Sable...

AND of Mr Hughes? lets see... some dodgy Brazilian (18m) who is going to the omplyics first! Bolton and Chelsea Reject Ben Haim...

AND if rumours are true... Thaksin Shinawatra is about to sell the Eastlands club...

Perhaps Sparky will be saying d'oh first!

Only 38 Games will tell. We were well matched last season.

A bit negative I know but I would expect Hughes to make a good fist out of the chaos at City, while Ince will struggle with the 'massive challanges' he will experience at one of the most stable and best run clubs in the league is my guess.

Glad I'm not a city fan though, future looks bleak for that club but Hughes will survive unscathed.

Anyone else pick up that astonishing revelation that Thaksin borrowed from Wardle twice last season to pay the Man City wages.

This says that Man City are of no value to borrow from the banks and Thaksin's "free" cash is stretched beyond breaking.

Wardle has left now of course so where does Thaksin turn in the next and wholly inevitable cash crisis?

1) He's got to strip his high earners out of the organisation

2) If a business is in trouble it is usually the management who get rationed/pay "holidays" first.

Wonder if Sparky will get his pay cheque this month?

Sparky seeks show down talks as The Sun speculates Thaksin could be forced out by EPL rules as early as next month.

The smartest move by Sparky and his team will be to calculate the best timing for their resignations. At least if he goes before a ball is kicked, his reputation built up at Ewood would remain intact.

agreed. but i can not believe he did not smell this one earlier. the city problems have been obvious for a long long time.

agreed. but i can not believe he did not smell this one earlier. the city problems have been obvious for a long long time.

Hughes obviously had worked himself into a state about getting out of Ewood and was willing to gamble the City card as part of Peter Kenyon's game to get him installed at Stamford Brigde. I reckon Sparky simply thought the £3m contract was worth the risk. The risk card is being called and I bet he wakes up screaming about leaving Ewood now.

with all these former rovers players and now staff flopping wherever they go. i wonder if this sends a signal to our current players that they should settle down and be happy about being at a successful club. i can hardly think of one man leaving ewood, and have better years somewhere else.

Good post. errrr....... errr..... welllllllah......err.....

I think Hughes has managed to contrive a future which is looking increasingly out of his own hands. Whatever he does it looks likely to go belly up soon.

Ince, well it might be a tough start but his future clearly will (hopefully) remain in his own hands for the foreseeable future anyway. Hi will buy his own players I think and has some cash (possibly a lot more than Hughes).

I think Hughes went Doh! when Chelsea said 'sorry - we've got someone else now.'

with all these former rovers players and now staff flopping wherever they go. i wonder if this sends a signal to our current players that they should settle down and be happy about being at a successful club. i can hardly think of one man leaving ewood, and have better years somewhere else.

duff.

duff.

as in Damien?

and where was this then? Chelsea? he flopped and was sold to the bar codes... where we never got a regular place

back to the original post... i can;t think of any one either... let's face if Shearer couldn't do owt...

Beattie.. nope; Sutton... dope; Flowers... Nah; Hendry, Le Saux...

Even Dunny had to come back home!

Kevin Davies!! :D

I theannk yeaww!

Kevin Davies!! :D

I theannk yeaww!

Yes and pie man has been one of the most prolific strikers in PL hasn't he? His goals per game must be earth shattering, making Alex Ferguson ponder on Berbatov or Davies? Hmm I wonder?

You can keep him, he isn't missed!

Archived