BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sir Bobby Robson

http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5gM...x_FYeHpH_8vI4wQ

Time short in Robson's cancer battle

6 hours ago

Former England manager Sir Bobby Robson has admitted he will lose his battle with lung cancer "sooner rather than later".

Robson has been battling a fifth bout of the illness and has accepted doctors' prognosis that he is unlikely to beat it.

Speaking to The Sun, he said: "I have accepted what they have told me and I am determined to make the most of what time I have left. I am going to die sooner rather than later. But then everyone has to go some time, and I have enjoyed every minute."

He added: "I have been fortunate to survive this long. It is thanks to the doctors and their dedication."

Sir Bobby, who took England to the brink of a World Cup final in Italy in 1990, has enjoyed a football career spanning six decades - from playing days with Fulham and England, to managerial triumphs first with Ipswich and then as national coach at two World Cups, to continental coaching appointments.

He later returned to his native north-east to take over at Newcastle and most recently spent a short time as consultant for the Republic of Ireland.

=====

Sad news about an absolute legend of the game. :(

Very sad, a true great who has given everything to football, has been at some of the top clubs in europe and he was at Newcastle as well.

I was in Italy in 1990 and watched the penalty shoot out in a hotel surrounded by germans, so close and I belive that if we had got to the final we would have won it, probly the closest we will get for a while.

Hope he doesn't suffer in his remaining time.

Read that in the sun dismorning crying shame. You thought after beating it five times he could have enjoyed the rest of his life.

Cancer is never truly beaten.

Sad news about a proper footballing man - hope he gets to enjoy his final months/weeks/days.

Unfortunately this has been coming for some time.

Sir Bobby has been around for a ridiculous amount of time, he must surely be the longest serving British football personality by a distance. He's seen and done just about everything this game has to offer. He's had a great innings.

All the best Bobby.

This really is very sad news to me; I had no idea he had even got cancer. Sir Bobby is truly one of footballs' all-time greats, and a true gentleman throughout. He has earned the universal love and respect from all that follow football and there are very few people in the game either now or past that can claim that. I hope he can be allowed to see out his remaining time in peace, and with the love of his family and friends.

A truely great guy thats sadly got cancer again. I just hope some how he can beat that dreadful thing.

My Best wishes and heart goes out to all his freinds and family.

The truely great Sir Robert William Robson will be forever in my heart.

:(

A truely grate guy thats sadly got cancer again. I just hope some how he can beat that dreadful thing.

My Best wishes and heart goes out to all his freinds and family.

The truely grate Sir Robert William Robson will be forever in my heart.

:(

You could have the bloody decency to bother to spell the word "great" right in a tribute to him.

:angry:

Archived