BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Rovers Newest Signing

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He looked rather annoyed today on SSN when the team were having their season's photos taken. I hope this is the last we will hear about a league two player being good enough for us. Not worth signing to clean the players boots. Championship players struggle enough at this level without going out to purchase league two players.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who is breathing a huge sigh of relief...

With every chance that Andrews will be signing (reported in Nicko thread)......

I admit that I've only seen Andrews on one occasion. On that day a totally inept Accrington Stanley midfield actually made the MK Dons midfield look even worse. I don't need to watch Accrington Stanley players every week to know that I don't want them at Ewood Park and the same with Andrews.

He's almost 28 and has been freed by Wolves and Hull City.

I just hoped that we would show more ambition after losing Hughes. Sorry if that is negative but it's the way I feel and talking to other supporters I don't think I'm alone in that belief. If Ince proves me wrong I'll be the first to hold my hands up and apologise but I really don't have a positive feeling about this season.

Everyone I know feels nervous about this season. The noises coming out of Ewood are not good. I have ben impressed with the bussiness Ince has done so far but if he signs Andrews that will change. I suggest Andrews is about making Ince comfortable by having a man he can trust amongst the players. I don't see why we should pay through the nose for Ince's top flight managerial ineptititude (or lack of confidence).

He has 10 games and nothing would make me happier than to be wrong about Andrews and Ince. Likewise I will hold my hands up and appolgise if I am.

• 2 weeks later...

Its hard to argue with an initial outlay of 500k for Andrews. Thats very cheap and he will be cover.

I am a bit suprised about Grella - doesn't strike me as a brilliant player, decent without being terrific. I guess Ince must like him.

9m for Joaquin seems quite reasonable for me, but I guess Ince must be thinking he can get the price down.

Thing is surely a few midfielders (three?) must be going out the door. With those three on board we would be up to 11...

Pedersen, Treacy, Mokoena, Grella, Vogel, Reid, Tugay, Dunn, Villanuava, Emerton, Joaquin.

I would have said axe was certain for the chop but he was outstanding the other day. Reid was good as well. Vogel looks for it, but we just signed him?

Andrews on his way to Ewood!

Bid Submitted

if we get him for 500k, i'll be delighted.

Ince clearly rates this guy very very highly and believes he can add something to our team/squad.

His opinion is all that counts.

I just hope that if we do get him, all the detractors will at least give the guy a chance before burning him at the stake after a pass goes astray...

Andrews on his way to Ewood!

Bid Submitted

Hmmm.......... if there is any truth in that, nicko was right all along and John Williams was being shall we say "coy" about the situation.

Very cheap though at the reported price of 500k plus 800 k in add ons, couldn't really go wrong at that.

Not sure why we would be going for Grella AND Andrews though? Which leads me to think either the LT or the MK newspaper are wrong.

lol at the instant reply to that post.. blimey 5 or 6 of us where quick off the mark there....

So Andrews, Grella, Benni staying.. and unknown on Olic and RW... Not sure if I am excited or scared by all this.. a week and a half left to go and we still have cash and seem to be looking in the right direction.

I think we'll be surprised at Andrews. I'm not expecting incredible things from him but Ince must see something in him that we don't know about. At this price, I'm very happy to give him a fair chance.

What I can't really see is where he is going to fit in? Presumably he is going to be up against Dunn and Villanuva? Thats going to be tough!

Archived