BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Rovers Newest Signing

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm..you sure about that? Ince?

Anyway, Andrews could be a decnet player and could make the Axe better his performances as he has competition. We all know The Axe is capable of a good performance (Everton) so maybe the extra competition may mean him performing better.

Yes but the axe would have to better his performances by some distance if we'd brought in a quality midfielder from one of the big leagues. He might not have to do much more with a League 1 midfielder pushing him.

Also on the basis of this, Ince must think Vogel is a real load of Barry White.

Andrews won't improve our midfield. I'm sad Ince thinks he will improve us.

It still baffles me that you can say this without seeing him play.

Ince has played with him, managed him and made him his captain.

Does that not offer any form of hope to you?

I'm really pleased Ince has the balls to make this kind of signing. What better way to announce your arrival as a manager, by doing things in your way.

And as for the line about hughes only signing players to improve the team - garbage. What was said and what happened were 2 very different things.

The simple fact, is that the bigger deals will take a lot more time to conclude. So rather than getting your knickers in twist - why not try waiting to see what's in store!

Not with me matey.... my opinion counts most to me. If he does land I'll give my opinion after I've seen him.

but you've previously slated Ince for even contemplating buying him. That's hardly after the fact is it!!

but i agree with the first sentiment- your own opinion should matter the most.

Just looking forward to you having to change your opinion on a fair few things this season!!!

up the Rovers!

Anyone else think something smells fishy around here, Ince is doubted from day 1, Andrews is quoted as a major target for £2million.

Ince wins first game, bids 800,000 and everyone says - oh well its not much money.

How would we feel if this was the only figure ever mentioned??

It still baffles me that you can say this without seeing him play.

Ince has played with him, managed him and made him his captain.

Does that not offer any form of hope to you?

I'm really pleased Ince has the balls to make this kind of signing. What better way to announce your arrival as a manager, by doing things in your way.

At the price he is quoted at he is worth a gamble 500K plus 300K addons if he does well.. not too bad..

You missed the Division player of the season and fans player of the season awards.. plus the fact he was played out of position at the likes of Wolves and co because to quote a Wolves fan "he was the only guy who could play there".

Anyone else think something smells fishy around here, Ince is doubted from day 1, Andrews is quoted as a major target for £2million.

Ince wins first game, bids 800,000 and everyone says - oh well its not much money.

And how would we feel if we'd been battered in our first game?

Doesn't seem fishy at all to me. It now seems MK Dons wanted 2m, we wanted to pay 500k, and we're more or less getting our way.

I'm behind Ince with this one. Andrews may not be a great player but I believe that he will be a useful player for us. He obviously has talent - hence, League Two player of the season. Furthermore, he isn't hindered by a physical flaw, like Lee Trundle and his absence of movement.

There's way too much Premier League snobbery around here for my liking. It is a false but common perception that to perform in the Premier League you must be an immensely talented player.

The fact is, the effectiveness of the likes of Robbie Savage, Chris Marsden, Emile Heskey, Richard Dunne and Jimmy Bullard prove that a shortage of talent can be compensated for with the correct attitude. Whilst Andrews, like those on my list, will probably never be a genuine star, I think that he could be effective.

Ideally, I would prefer to see ALan Judge given an opportunity to establish himself but Ince obviously feels that he needs an experienced player. Andrews may well bring a breath of fresh air to our squad.

Yep defo fishy.. but looking at it from a different perspective.. thanks to the latest newspaper articles Ince lost allot of credibility (after a 2m 2nd div player, Brad, the Bentley saga, Fowler etc).. and he lost it unfairly because at the end of the day we should trust him more..

And this is from a fan who lost his perspective on Ince.. thought it was a good idea at first then we had an awful transfer window full of rubbish speculation..

The whole Andrews saga just highlights how much the press love to beat up little old blackburn..

And if you look back its nearly always been the same.. Buying the league!! Dirty tactics!!! Ince is rubbish!!! etc etc.. the list could go on forever..

Time the flaming media got a grip and remember we where one of the league founders, we are still one of only four to win the premier league, we are still up there as one of the great all time FA cup teams, we dont spend daft money yet constantly do fairly well in the league and we are a relativly small town.. again I could go on..

Still as a small town we make an easy target.. not going to loose too many readers slagging us off are they....

If we sign him for under a million then it can't really be bad business however it turns out, the worst case scenario is that he is a flop and we have wasted a measly £800,000 which is not much in this day and age. The best case scenario is he turns into a good midfield general, similiar to perhaps Mark Atkins or even Robbie Savage, who technically were not the best but could still have an impact on the game. It may be that Ince sees a lot of similiarites to himself in Keith.

As long as there are more to follow then it's fine by me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PFA_Fans'...yer_of_the_Year for the full list.. ok they are not world class players like Bullard, Dunne etc.. but hey some interesting names in there..

Not the right award, Andrews isn't on that one. But still...there's only Matt Taylor and Bobby Zamora on that list I recognise, and they both were very young when they won those.

I'm behind Ince with this one. Andrews may not be a great player but I believe that he will be a useful player for us. He obviously has talent - hence, League Two player of the season. Furthermore, he isn't hindered by a physical flaw, like Lee Trundle and his absence of movement.

There's way too much Premier League snobbery around here for my liking. It is a false but common perception that to perform in the Premier League you must be an immensely talented player.

The fact is, the effectiveness of the likes of Robbie Savage, Chris Marsden, Emile Heskey, Richard Dunne and Jimmy Bullard prove that a shortage of talent can be compensated for with the correct attitude. Whilst Andrews, like those on my list, will probably never be a genuine star, I think that he could be effective.

Ideally, I would prefer to see ALan Judge given an opportunity to establish himself but Ince obviously feels that he needs an experienced player. Andrews may well bring a breath of fresh air to our squad.

You know what Rover6, with that post you've totally contradicted evrything you stand for in relation to the promotion of youngsters to the first team.

How does this signing differ from the much maligned acquisition of Bruno Berner?

Everyone`s an expert. Of all people against the signing, how many of you have been along and seen the lad play?

No-one's an expert but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Sometimes you don't have to see a player. The media would have been raving about this guy if he had any talent. He had a great chance to make it with Wolves and failed to make an impact, I doubt his game has developed that much since then but, like Francis Jeffers, I hope I am wrong.

Not with me matey.... my opinion counts most to me. If he does land I'll give my opinion after I've seen him.

Then we have something in common. Your opinion counts most to me, too.

Everyone`s an expert. Of all people against the signing, how many of you have been along and seen the lad play?

I'd normally agree with you on that Al, but how far do you go down the leagues until that loses validity? If we signed a conference player, would we be wrong to say he's unlikely to be good enough without watching him? Particularly bearing in mind the age of Andrews.

Archived