BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Butter Pies

Once you've made the pastry for the pie case (2 x flour + 1 x of the oil/fat of your choice) then water to bind it into a smooth ball.

Stick it into the fridge for a few hours, preferably overnight . Then roll it out for the pie lining. It may sound like a celeb luvvie move, but it reallly does work.

Happy pie eating everyone. Hope we are not turning into Wigan fans.

Bizarre! Do you lot not have women to do the cooking for you??

If you had tasted my wife`s cooking you would cook your own food as well!

Apparently before i met her she actually cooked a beefburger 6 mins either side in a microwave because it wasn`t browning (shudders!). :wacko:

And yes she is blonde..... :rolleyes:

They're obssessed with pies in New Zealand. Pie shops are like KFC over here-everywhere. And unlike our supermarkets their ethos is 'how much can we cram into the pie?' and not 'How little meat can we get away with putting in?' I once had a 'breakfast pie' in Taupo which had bacon, peas and eggs in it. It was superb.

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks.

I must admit i wondered about the flavouring so i part boiled the potatoes in vegetable stock first,drained them off and put them in the dish with sliced onions.I then put a couple of ladles of the stock over the spuds and onions and then placed the butter on TOP of them,so the butter would cover all the veg as it melted.Added salt and pepper to season then Whacked the pastry on and baked for 25 mins at about 180 degrees celsius.If you press the pastry down you get some of the juice on the edges of the pastry.Mmmmm!! Delicious!

By the way the pie was pretty damned good,Wife and kids wolfed the lot down!

Im assuming with you being veggie you use veg oil for your pastry?Sorry but unfortunately it doesn`t really make good pastry.(majority of pastry is made with lard. :( )

I had a go at this recipe the other week and they were delicious! I'll make another batch when it cools down a bit

Cheers for sharing...

Archived