BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Season...16/08/2008...positive People!

First time poster but an avid reader to you all !!??!

:)

I have been observing for a number of months and now just before the 2008/09 season starts, I want to add my tuppence worth to the board....and before I'm shot down like a russian fighter jet!!! I just want to say come on people lets get together NOW before the season starts!?! (This is what this thread is all about??..hopefully!!!)

This pre-season has been pretty traumatic in one way or another but hey this is ROVERS and this is what we do best (put fear and trepidation into all of us!!) but listen we are in the premiershp (No 1 league in the WORLD) and we are not a mediorce side! (but we could well of been an 'old english second div' side now couldn't we???)

Lets enjoy the new season...life is to short and no i'm not a vicar!!!

But this is a thread to try and start a tad of OPTISMISM amongst us all...Use as you willl????

----------

Brad for Robo - Good Business in the long run!!!

Hughes to City - we all know how that will turn out in the long run !?!

I have been observing for a number of months and now just before the 2008/09 season starts, I want to add my tuppence worth to the board....and before I'm shot down like a russian fighter jet!!! I just want to say come on people lets get together NOW before the season starts!?! (This is what this thread is all about??..hopefully!!!)

This pre-season has been pretty traumatic in one way or another but hey this is ROVERS and this is what we do best (put fear and trepidation into all of us!!) but listen we are in the premiershp (No 1 league in the WORLD) and we are not a mediorce side! (but we could well of been an 'old english second div' side now couldn't we???)

But this is a thread to try and start a tad of OPTISMISM amongst us all...Use as you willl????

----------

Son,i can tell you haven`t been a member long...that is way too much optimism for this board to handle!

Good luck with convincing the pitchforkers!

Oh and welcome to BRFCS! :rover:

----------

Haha, years ago wasn't there a guy / girl with the ID 'Mr Positive' who was banned for being too positive?

So, a new season? Optimistic? Excited? Lets see.....

The league is wide open this year, isn't ahead? I mean, anyone could win it. Anyone from Man United.............Chelsea...........hmmm. Well, maybe that's it. But fine, it's not just about winning the league, is it?

Champions League? Oh yes, the big hope. The golden nugget. If you make it to the Champions League, you're set for life, aren't you? So, who is in contention? Well, Liverpool are. So are Arsenal. I'm excited already. Who might challenge them? Spurs.............wow, that's worth being positive about. Villa? Not arsed. Everton? Whatever.

There's always the UEFA Cup isn't there? That's our aim. Lets give it our best. Likelihood is of course that we'll play all season, have a chance on the very last day of qualifying, manage to blow it and get our place in Europe taken by some no mark lot who haven't so much as bothered to make a tackle all season. Then next Summer they'll nick our manager. Fair play? Get ######.

But what about the showbiz? Which soapstar will be the newest wag? What will Wayne and Colleen name their first born? Which overpaid, egomaniacal, thick as two short planks "superstar" will get into a Saturday night bust up in a city centre, go in to rehab, have it away with a prostitute or lay in to one of his team mates on the training ground?

Ah, but we're cutting down on disrespect towards officials aren't we? No more £75k a week footballers f'ing and blinding at the man in charge, showing themselves up as contemptuous, vile, self serving low lifes. Thank God we've sorted that one out. I give it 'til October.

I suppose there's always the transfer window to be excited about? A full calender month of comings and goings, being linked with (League Two) superstars whilst our best players (and backroom staff) solicit for moves to "bigger clubs" that can "match their ambition". And give them a nice big pay rise. I mean, a footballers career is short isn't it? Got to make that money while you can. Money that comes from £40 tickets, £2 bottles of coke, £4 pies, £5 programmes. All paid by those of us that have to work til we're 65, not making in our entire lives what these clowns make one season. Loyalty? Pish.

Excited? Optimistic? You must be joking. I just wish the Summer lasted longer.

friedel

emerton samba nelson warnock

bentley dunn vogel pedersen

RSC Mccarthy

Robinson

emerton samba nelson warnock

villaneuva dunn vogel pedersen

RSC Mccarthy

i personally think that our team just needs to get enough crosses in that bentley provided last season, and if we do that we shpold be ok, we should still have money to spend on hopefully a striker other than fowler as him and roberts are useless and another midfielder!!

I think there are a number of reasons why we haven’t seen a flood of new players coming in – its mainly because we have only seen 2 leave, 3 come in, therefore time is needed to assess our weakness’ and the current playing squad.

Lets look at the squad now compared to last years.

Strikers – We have the same quartet, all still at the club, all fighting for places – Derbyshire has now also had his operations and some renewed optimism that he will get his chance following talks with Ince.

Midfield – In the centre and left, nobody has left, but we have gained Villanueva and possibly soon Andrews and 1 more. So stronger here if anything. Also Reid & Dunn have had a full pre-season + a couple of extra weeks so hopefully they will regain a lot more form and fitness this season.

Midfield Right – We have lost Bentley yes, but im sure Ince wants abit of time here to see how Dunn, Emerton or Reid can do in this position. If they are not doing a good enough job then he will either sign someone by end of August of in January.

Defence – Same bunch, Ooijer no longer voicing his concern and we now have a right back too.

Keeper – Class keeper, replaced by the best possible alternative for the price and age. Good move! 9 years his senior with a serious point to prove.

On top of that we have probably also improved our Youth side of the squad – they have been given chances and they will be a lot more determined to break through now.

So at the moment the only thing that is weaker is Right Midfield – which Ince must be considering giving Emerton, Reid or Dunn a chance on. I agree some may say the keeper is also weaker, but he was the best available and is a snip at only £3m.

We all know our midfield was weak last season so it would be good to see that improved but again it seems like that is already in hand with Andrews + 1 other coming in.

So far – I cant see what Ince is doing wrong – he has lost 2 players – both of whom wanted out regardless of the manager and we got very good deals for both and has then brought 3 players in. He isn’t rushing into deals and signing the next Kevin Davies which again should be seen as a positive thing.

Warnock now wants out??

Enough is enough, I have come to my senses!!!

Close this thead now there is no place for it on here....

:angry:

Awww, what happened to you? In my mind you were a fluffy animated Pixar style Kitten telling us to be brave...

I do feel the same as you though after hearing about Warnock....If it's true i'm starting to feel devastated.

Saturday is now looking like one of the most important games in our recent history, and a real baptism of fire for Ince.

A good result leads in to a winnable home game against Hull and the chance of a great start to the season, giving Ince more time to establish himself, something that few seem to want to give him.

A defeat however leads into a panic situation against Hull, and the notoriously negative Blackburnians, who seem to revel in adversity sometimes, will be calling for the boss's head if three points do not follow.

Come on lads, lets go for it at Goodison! Time to stand up and be counted!

Saturday is now looking like one of the most important games in our recent history, and a real baptism of fire for Ince.

A good result leads in to a winnable home game against Hull and the chance of a great start to the season, giving Ince more time to establish himself, something that few seem to want to give him.

A defeat however leads into a panic situation against Hull, and the notoriously negative Blackburnians, who seem to revel in adversity sometimes, will be calling for the boss's head if three points do not follow.

Come on lads, lets go for it at Goodison! Time to stand up and be counted!

Just a thought wasn't it Hull who came midweek early season in the cup and effectively got don mackay the boot

See people I told you all optimism was the way forward (never mind my relapse earlier in this thread!!)

For me now as the dust settles on the first game and the fact that we have played a top 10 team (prob top 8)) and now got a fantastic 3 points!! on the board, all be it they were weak on the day and we do have a great record up at their gaff!

I just want now the board (some won't!!) to try and get behind BRFC and see where it takes us becuse momentum can work wonders for a team/club like us!!! (lets face it we dont have the FINANCES/CROWDS or MEDIA OPTIMISM) but now with Hull as our next home game and a very realistic 3 points up for grabs we can now hopefully see what momentum is really like!!!???!!!

Archived