BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Warnock Thread

Guest Kamy100

big problem with this is that we missed out on Shorey. Would have been the perfect replacement and in my opinion an upgrade, if this is true then we have an absolute ton of work to do over the next couple of weeks.

Just so that everyone remembers though, SSN ran a huge story abou Reid requesting a transfer and then about a day later he signed a new contract. They are hardly the most reliable source, especially when it comes to rovers related issues.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
big problem with this is that we missed out on Shorey. Would have been the perfect replacement and in my opinion an upgrade, if this is true then we have an absolute ton of work to do over the next couple of weeks.

Just so that everyone remembers though, SSN ran a huge story abou Reid requesting a transfer and then about a day later he signed a new contract. They are hardly the most reliable source, especially when it comes to rovers related issues.

I doubt Shorey would sign for us now. With Hughes yes but once word gets round about Ince and his crew were gonna struggle to sign Ade Akinbiyi.

Both excellent points my horse munching amigo.

I doubt Shorey would sign for us now. With Hughes yes but once word gets round about Ince and his crew were gonna struggle to sign Ade Akinbiyi.

Shorey has gone to Villa

I don't think we can replace Warnock, especially with our limited finances and the disapearance of the Bentley money. If the transfer request is true Ince needs to show the fans he meant what he said and put his foot down telling him he is going nowhere.

Shorey has gone to Villa

I don't think we can replace Warnock, especially with our limited finances and the disapearance of the Bentley money. If the transfer request is true Ince needs to show the fans he meant what he said and put his foot down telling him he is going nowhere.

I know, sorry. If he was available I doubt we'd have a chance these days compared to Villa is what I meant...

Just makes me wonder how big a mistake it was not appointing Laudrup, I just don't think this could/would have happened other him as there would have been much more excitement and a much greater level of mistake.

This will not be liked by most on here, but to a certain extent JW's head is on this one in my view.

Warnock is a good defender and quality left-backs are few and far between, but we also shouldn't build himself up into something he isn't. He goes missing at the back at times and he is error and injury prone. His attacking play is probably above average, but he can't regularly produce his best stuff. It would be a blow to lose him with such little time left and with so much other work still to be done, but it isn't the end of the world. My only problem is that I fear that we would replace him with some lower league player. We could fast turn into Fulham here, but without the millions to fall back on each window.

Shorey has gone to Villa

We should if worst comes to worse & warnock does go have upwards of £30million to spend....

And here along with the appointment of an unpopular manager, lies the problem. The players obviously suspect that the board is holding money back, it is leading to a state of paraylsis and was the main reason for MH's & BF departures.

The club do have quite a bit of money to spend, but they will not spend it. we need to find out why- Is it that didn't trust Hughes or Ince with the cash or the trust are commencing on some 'asset striping' as no-one will meet there somewhat hefty selling price.

Warnock is a good defender and quality left-backs are few and far between, but we also shouldn't build himself up into something he isn't. He goes missing at the back at times and he is error and injury prone. His attacking play is probably above average, but he can't regularly produce his best stuff. It would be a blow to lose him with such little time left and with so much other work still to be done, but it isn't the end of the world. My only problem is that I fear that we would replace him with some lower league player. We could fast turn into Fulham here, but without the millions to fall back on each window.

I completely disagree Eddie. I think Warnock is a very good left back, works hard, committed and clearly deserved his England call up. He’s might not be as good as the likes of Clichy or Evra but he is as good as Bridge and Cole in my opinion. But you are entitled to your views and I respect that.

For me he alongside Roque is a player we can’t afford to lose especially this season and i can't think of a suitable replacement for him that would come to the club and one that we could afford.

This situation isn't new to rovers since Ince has come in. There are a lot of players under Hughes that wanted to leave, Neill, Bellamy, Benni, Roberts, even Bentley told him he wanted to leave.

Ince will have to get used to this, as soon as big clubs come calling the players heads are turned. If Warnock had 1 or 2 seasons left on his contract I would consider selling but the dope only signed a 4 year contact last season.

This will be a test for Ince but i'm sure John Williams is well used to this situation and will advise ince on how to deal with it.

The problem is that once Brad and Bents were allowed to go it sent out a message that we would not keep players who wanted to leave. Once that line is taken it is then difficult to take a new position. If, and clearly the club haven't confirmed it yet, Warnock wants to go and we now refuse we end up with a disgruntled player who has seen others march out of the exit door with the club's blessing. The player becomes resentful and that can quickly spread through the squad.

If Warnock has asked for a transfer then there is something clearly not right at the club. We all knew that we would struggle to keep hold of Bentley, but first Brad and now rumours of Warnock wanting out. Sadly, this does nothing to refute the image of a club in turmoil.

So what if he wants out. I always felt that the club was in for a choppy ride in the aftermath of Hughes departure whenever that was to be and I'm not surprised that Ince has found it difficult. However, this was always going to be the case.

All those who want to play for Rovers;

Robinson, simpson, samba, Nelsen, Olsson, Emerton, Dunn, Mokoena, Reid, Pedersen, Santa, Derbs, treacy, judge, zurab, ooijer, tugay

Those who want out;

Warnock, Benni?

Come on chaps, it's not the end of the world :D

Well firstly it is just speculation at the moment, until I hear confirmation from Rovers or Warnock himself then to me that's all it is, speculation.

Warnock is a very good left back, the best we have had in a long time, if it does turn out to be true though then I'll be glad to see him go, I support Blackburn Rovers, not Stephen Warnock, the only players I want at Blackburn are ones that want to play for the club, if he thinks Newcastle is an improvement for him then let him go and we'll move on.

Like I said though its just speculation at the moment, right now he remains a Blackburn player and a big part of our first team plans so lets hope this is all just rumours and things remain that way.

Has this fella not grown up, unless ince literally cracks a whip in training how can anyone sign a new contract then almost immediately want out........way too many fairies in the game if this is anything to do with new training regime! Smells very much of someone motivated more by money than ambition if true.....................if true and he ends up at some joke club, then good riddance.

Next time we sign someone never seeing the first team at a big club they should be forced at the press conference to say "they've always hated spurs", "newcastle women are the ugliest in the world with a retarded accent", and villa quite simply suck balls. Then see if they get there well engineered moves.

Very worrying news, if true.

It's so hard to find decent left backs, as our embarrassing depths post-Stig Bjornebye went to show. (Or maybe that was down to Souey incompetence...?!).

Warnock is a tremendous full back because he is so good going forward and will defend for his life - even if he can be a little too gung-ho. It'll be a major loss for Rovers, if true, but we can console ourselves in the fact that the club can reasonably expect a massive fee for an in-form English left back.

Who have we got at the club, left-back wise, now? Martin Olsson and Gavin Gunning...? Olsson is a good prospect but we can only expect him to provide back-up rather than be the main performer, at the moment, so there'll be need for a signing.

The obvious name would be Leighton Baines. Not as good as Warnock, expensive too - but a decent player.

If true, then this is a massive vote of no confidence in the current management team, after Ryan Nelsens comments earlier and rumours of Roque, the board need to get their house order and pretty dammed quickly, thats if its true.

Oh bloody hell, this is fantastic. I'm surprised some people aren't bothered if he wants to leave.

When we sold Bentley and Friedel we knew we couldn't replace them with anyone as good. The same will apply to Warnock. This is only acceptable if we strengthen the team elsewhere...but we show absolutely no signs of doing so unless Villanueva can make the step up, which is asking a lot.

We're in deep ######. :(

Archived