BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Warnock Thread

Guest Kamy100

Well said, drummer boy.

To Tim - maybe a few ballet dancing girls would show the lads how to do it. My daughter, who is making a career in ballet, could take a ball, turn with it and leave defenders for dead. She was scouted for Rovers but in the end ballet won. Maybe dear old Roberts could benefit from a few lessons.

Anyway, outta my way. Any players wanting away be warned - I'm off to the Faith Room with my cauldron - now how did it go? Eye of newt..................

Is it time to start taking those pins out of your little Sparky dolly? Job done I think <_<

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a lot of middle ground between wanting away from the club and actually going public with a transfer request.

Just because we don't think he's officially handed in a transfer request does not mean everything is rosy in the garden. We would be foolish to think the lack of a cast iron request means that there is no issue here. Foolish and desperate.

Agree! The club has been very well run for a long time but now it seems everything is going down the drain. I'm sure it was a massive change for the players when we got a new manager as the last had a whole lot of respect within the group.

I just hope we ain't foolish enough to just sell off all our players; we have a history of doing so and the money never result in us getting a stronger squad, NEVER.

We would be foolish to think the lack of a cast iron request means that there is no issue here. Foolish and desperate.

and equally foolish and desperate if we all read too much into every 'skysports news understands...' headline and start looking for faults that may not be there.

Let's see what the facts and see how things pan out before deciding who's right / wrong.

The facts are:

1) Newcastle have made at least 1 bid that has been refused.

2) Warnock has not handed in a transfer request.

3) The manager has stated that there will be no more players leaving the club in the near future.

Before people start supposing that any Newcastle interest in Warnock means that Ince's training methods / staff / popularity are causing big problems, maybe we could also consider that Warnock may have had his head turned and simply just fancies a bigger contract elsewhere (just like Brad did).

Or maybe it's all just idle speculation.

Don't confuse a lack of formal education with a lack of intelligence.How intelligent was Hughes' last career move?

don't confuse ambition with intelligence.. a good few extra million pounds in the bank.. that aint stupid. might not be ambitious, but it aint stupid.

don't confuse ambition with intelligence.. a good few extra million pounds in the bank.. that aint stupid. might not be ambitious, but it aint stupid.

It will be stupid if he doesn't get paid at the end of this month.

It does seem a bit strange that as soon as our lads go off to play for England they suddenly get the idea that they are too big for Blackburn Rovers' boots :angry2:

I suspect it's because players from other clubs are taught to tap them up if they're fancied RM. See Bentley's statements.

Funny how the England team are pants as well. Just goes to show the prima donnas at the very top of English football. That is solely the reason that we have underperformed with the current team. Ability only gets you so far.

Is there any reason why we should be looking to nurture England talent for Fabio when a couple of caps is enough to sway a players head. I say keep on ploughing on the foreigners. They're cheap and they're happy with a relatively low wage considering how much it is in comparison to their fellow countrymen.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...ackburn_Rovers/

Reports surfaced yesterday that the 26-year-old defender had signalled his intent to quit Ewood Park by demanding to leave.

However, Rovers chairman John Williams has dismissed those reports, saying: “Stephen has not handed a transfer request to myself or Paul Ince.”

------------------------

And this topic officially ends :rover:

There's a lot of middle ground between wanting away from the club and actually going public with a transfer request.

Just because we don't think he's officially handed in a transfer request does not mean everything is rosy in the garden. We would be foolish to think the lack of a cast iron request means that there is no issue here. Foolish and desperate.

Bang on. If people think that article in the LET means there is no issue with Warnock they must be in cloud cuckoo land.

But wait a minute. If the easily led doom merchants think that though Warnock has not handed in a request 'there's no smoke without fire' based on the say so of a journalist (professional storytellers) they have left cloud cuckoo land and are now residing on another planet

But wait a minute. If the easily led doom merchants think that though Warnock has not handed in a request 'there's no smoke without fire' based on the say so of a journalist (professional storytellers) they have left cloud cuckoo land and are now residing on another planet

Cruz, do you believe Warnock is happy and really wants to stay with us being managed by Paul Ince? Yes or No?

Cruz, do you believe Warnock is happy and really wants to stay with us being managed by Paul Ince? Yes or No?

I don't know Stephen Warnock so I don't know. Nor do I beleive everything I read. And I don't do knee jerks and start burning effigies on the hearsay of a journalist who's information is also based on hearsay. Journo's throws a lot of sh*t at a target (to coin a phrase) some stick but the majority miss. But nobody remembers the 99% that miss and therefore a legend can be born. A soothsayer........a prophet......... :glare:

I don't know Stephen Warnock so I don't know. Nor do I beleive everything I read. And I don't do knee jerks and start burning effigies on the hearsay of a journalist who's information is also based on hearsay. Journo's throws a lot of sh*t at a target (to coin a phrase) some stick but the majority miss. But nobody remembers the 99% that miss and therefore a legend in born

Answer the question. What do you believe?

I don't blame Warnock. He's gone from being a happy player in a professional outfit to a player wanting out of amateur hour. It wouldn't surprise me if the press ups and sit ups nonsense isn't there just so that Ince can compete with them (a la 5 a side with Souness)

This needs to be stopped now. And the best way of doing that is a bit of tapping up of our own. Discreet enquiries to Mr Hughes and a conversation something along the lines of "I think we can both accept we made a huge cock-up. I'll sack the dolt and the fourth class posse and you give in your notice. We'll pay you (in actual money) what Frank and his crew were promising you and you come back and calm the waters".

Complete madness. I wouldn't want Hughes back!! He made his choice.

Answer the question. What do you believe?

I believe nothing. I can guess. And based on the only truth I have read, the club statement, that he is satisfied. I cannot confirm if he is happy as I do not know him. But here in lies the problem. Too many assumptions are made by people who don't even possess 1% of the facts.

Never assume. I can make an ass out of you and me.

Now its on the Rovers site its fair to say he has not handed one in.

Neither am I going to say all is rosy with Warnock, but in the same breath we do not know anything more than that. Perhaps he wants yet another contract, perhaps he had to do 20 push-ups who knows, maybe he's been tapped up. Speculation, conjecture nothing more.

What I will say is this Warnock was going nowhere before we signed him, Liverpool reserve would have been the highlight of his career, we have rewarded him every time he has progressed, and given him a platform to propel himself into the England reckoning. In short he owes our club. However if he cannot see that, then he can go, get as much of whoevers money and sign a replacement first, if he leaves its on our terms.

If he goes I hope its to Newcastle, that monster of a football club (purely because it devours careers).

We've looked after Warnock very well, if he so desperately wants away hand in the request, give up your right to the money, and go. Simple.

We've looked after Warnock very well, if he so desperately wants away hand in the request, give up your right to the money, and go. Simple.

Its simpler than that. If he wants to go (and I say if, I remain to be convinced) then he hands in a request. Otherwise you are going nowhere.

Archived