BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Warnock Thread

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree it doesn't quite put the Warnock thing to bed yet.

I'm happy he has admitted he hasn't made an official transfer request, but doesn't say he is wants to stay either, maybe I'm reading too much into it but I'm getting the impression that behind the scenes he is pushing for a move but would be willing to stay if the right offer doesn't come in.

It's either him or his agent and at the end of the day his agent is working for him.Whether he wants a move or an improved offer he has gone down in my estimation. He had his chance to re-affirm his loyalty to Rovers but all he could manage was that he hadn't put in a request. He should stop sitting on the fence ,rovers have given him the chance to push for an England place, he should do the decent thing and commit himself to us publicly. :angry:

People last night on here were moaning because of the deathly silence coming from the club.

Warnock issues a statement saying he hasn't put in a transfer request. Can we not take the lad at his word and be pleased that at this present time he is still a Rovers player.

What happens if he had said I am staying and then Newcastle bid £12million for him so we sold him and then people would crucify him for lying to us!

This has been answered further back in this thread Hannah,

Warnock has obviously been told dont hand the transfer request in as it will lose him (Warnock) a lot of money. So his statement is correct, but as the clubs are probably thrashing out a deal at this moment in time, i'm sure as soon as Newcastle hit the £5m plus mark then Rovers will set the wheels in motion to sell instigated originally by Steven warnock and his agent.

I feel Stephen Warnock wont be with us come the 1st of September unless the club offer him another mega pay deal, that seems to be how it works in football nowadays.

This has been answered further back in this thread Hannah,

Warnock has obviously been told dont hand the transfer request in as it will lose him (Warnock) a lot of money. So his statement is correct, but as the clubs are probably thrashing out a deal at this moment in time, i'm sure as soon as Newcastle hit the £5m plus mark then Rovers will set the wheels in motion to sell instigated originally by Steven warnock and his agent.

I feel Stephen Warnock wont be with us come the 1st of September unless the club offer him another mega pay deal, that seems to be how it works in football nowadays.

Or a Lucas Neill deal where he may have been told to wait until Christmas if he wants his 'loyalty' bunce. Williams must know that if there are any more departures after Ince said there will be no more that it would lead to the minority %age of fans who have faith in him joining the ranks of those with no faith in Ince.

My suggestion that NOBODY should have been sold when Ince came in to stop the departure floodgates opening should have been followed by the club so that Ince's successor will at least have a talented squad to work with.

Archived