BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sukur Trooper for Rovers?

broadsword

"Bull of the Bosphorous" Hakan Sukur could be donning the blue and white of Blackburn Rovers very soon - depending on who you believe.

It was widely rumoured that Sukur would be entering negotiations with Blues' manager Graeme Souness. The only official word has been that Sukur has been invited to train with the club.

But if comments attributed to Sukur are correct then he may not even travel to Blackburn. Planet Football quote Sukur as saying: "I will go to England for my new club. I will discuss with Liverpool and West Ham United.". Quite whether he will end up at one of these two clubs is doubtful. West Ham would not be an enticing prospect for a renowned foreign striker given their recent problems, whilst Liverpool have a surfeit of such players, only recently letting Litmanen go.

Sukur would represent a gamble by Rovers if he were to sign. He did not have a triumphant World Cup and has had an unhappy couple of years in Italy. He does boast a ratio of 1 goal every 2 games at international level though, and he forged a reputation as a prolific goal-poacher at Galatasaray. A hero in his homeland (his wedding was televised live on Turkish TV) his strength in the air could be invaluable to Rovers as they have struggled to score this season.

Whether he actually signs remains to be seen however.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.