BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Concern About Gates

or possibly the manager JW as brought in and the fans not optimistic for the coming season - this is the least optimistic I have felt since brian Kidd was in charge and looked what happened then !

Jeez, another thread turned with one post.

I would suspect the iniital attendances this season will be on a par with last year (when The Divine Mark Hughes was here). I can't see the unattractive games like Fulham falling any lower than they have been over the last 5 years.

I think the travelling Tigers could make the Hull gate pretty big.

Huge amount depends on Rovers making a good start. A poor start combined with the the unease about PI and not many will be willing to make the financial stretch to go.

I think the travelling Tigers could make the Hull gate pretty big.

Huge amount depends on Rovers making a good start. A poor start combined with the the unease about PI and not many will be willing to make the financial stretch to go.

Rovers have done absolutely nothing to retain existing fans never mind bring new support into the club this summer.

Its been a distastrous summer for Rovers philipl, if Rovers sign Fowler and Andrews, then I fully expect the home crowd to be down at least 25%, at least that figure if not more, as the club begin to show signs of their inability to compete in the premier league.

The friendly gainst Breda showed the lack of interest just 4322 on, and for us that went we all wanted to leave shortly after halftime because it was that boring.

Rovers have got their managerial appointment wrong this time.

1 of the problems we have at ewood is that we dont have enough die hard fans. I know many, many fans who support rovers, but you are lucky if they go a total of 5 times a season - its turning those into season ticket holders that is very difficult.

I think this season we should be up on our average again. Last year saw a big increase and this season we shouldnt be too far off the same ticket sales based on what was said at the fans forum.

A good result against Everton & Hull could then add to that and also we have to play West Brom, Hull & Stoke this year (who should all bring decent size followings) compared with the likes of Reading/ Birmingham who didnt bring a great deal.

The friendly gainst Breda showed the lack of interest just 4322 on, and for us that went we all wanted to leave shortly after halftime because it was that boring.

Rovers have got their managerial appointment wrong this time.

Ince is looking to play attacking football - I think on that count they got it right. If he can bring attractive attacking football back then some fans will return - I know many who havent been for the last 2 years or so because of the boring football playing at ewood. Last season we were dire at home - and thats no lie.

Also as for the Breda game - It wasnt the usual big name, and the tickets only went on sale just over a week before the game - That is a major part of why it was so low and 1 of the reasons I didnt go, when usually I would of done.

Rovers have done absolutely nothing to retain existing fans never mind bring new support into the club this summer.

Not quite accurate Jal. Lots of us renewed our ST's at what I think are the prems lowest prices with last springs offer....... before the series of disastrous events that have brought us to where we are today. No matter how cheap the tickets I would be very reluctant to commit if that offer were this month.

btw As a pointer my mate even had to buy me the NAC Breda ticket cos I just couldn't bring myself to be bothered getting one! But then again I've been totally opposed to the new manager's appointment from the minute I heard that he was under consideration ...... unlike so many who appear not even two months into his tenure appear now to have come around to the same opinion as myself. Dark days indeed. :(

1 of the problems we have at ewood is that we dont have enough die hard fans...............

................ Also as for the Breda game - It wasnt the usual big name, and the tickets only went on sale just over a week before the game - That is a major part of why it was so low and 1 of the reasons I didnt go, when usually I would of done.

:rover:

Obviously not a proper 'die hard' then are you? :rolleyes:

Not quite accurate Jal. Lots of us renewed our ST's at what I think are the prems lowest prices with last springs offer....... before the series of disastrous events that have brought us to where we are today. No matter how cheap the tickets I would be very reluctant to commit if that offer were this month.

btw As a pointer my mate even had to buy me the NAC Breda ticket cos I just couldn't bring myself to be bothered getting one! But then again I've been totally opposed to the new manager's appointment from the minute I heard that he was under consideration ...... unlike so many who appear not even two months into his tenure appear now to have come around to the same opinion as myself. Dark days indeed. :(

Would you pay £25 more for your ST knowing

a. the players you thought you would be watching would by and large be there?

b. knowing a couple of exciting quality signings were being made?

Rovers are currently not the team I thought I 'd be watching when I bought mine.

Ince is looking to play attacking football - I think on that count they got it right. If he can bring attractive attacking football back then some fans will return - I know many who havent been for the last 2 years or so because of the boring football playing at ewood. Last season we were dire at home - and thats no lie.

What rubbish. We played two wingers all season supported by attack minded overlapping full backs with a top two usually of RSC and BM! We attacked whenever we could ..... dont forget the Prem is full of similarly qualified opposition. The only reason we struggled some games was because we have been crying out for a central midfielder of real quality. One of those would have seen us in Europe without a doubt. Any 'boring at home' tag was only because we had gained enough respect for many teams to come and try to shut up shop.

If Ince tries to play attacking football next season of the reckless variety we will be as successful as the Light Brigade.

Rovers are currently not the team I thought I 'd be watching when I bought mine.

£25? I'd pay £250 more for that!

I'd have bought mine again the only reason i didn't is the wifey is soon to bring another small rovers fan into the world and they are higher up my priority list than even Rovers! To be honest though i'll more than likely "walk on" to all the matches anyway so i should have just bought one anyway.

well ill still be goin as im sure many of you wil who have been going for 20 years +, bt the football we play cant have anything to do with it, because sometimes it was tediously boring! games like boro and snderland at home spring to mind! :rover::rover:

Archived