BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Any Anglers On The Forum?

I was just wondering if anyone else on the forum does a spot of fishing on a regular basis?

Just joined a coarse fishing club after a 8 year absence from fishing after my move back up north.

I thought this thread might be interesting for fellow anglers to talk about their catches, perhaps post photos and discuss the latest goings on in the angling world.

Never done any fresh water fishing, but plenty in the sea.

I'll dig out my biggest fish picture later on, because I love showing it off to random people on the internet!

I'll leave you in suspense about the species and size, taking the risk that someone else will post a bigger fish in the meantime and steal my thunder lol.

This is my biggest fish (by far). Excuse the crap picture as it is a frame cut from the video of me catching it, no one bothered to take any stills for me!

Its a blue fin tuna, caught off co. Donegal about 5yrs ago and was ~600lbs. Weight was estimated from measuring it as it was tagged and released.

Tbh it is so much bigger than any other fish I've caught that its a bit surreal and almost doesn't count. The next biggest fish that I've landed was a tope of about 25lbs (although I did once have a very big stingray on that came to the surface a couple of times, before diving under the boat and cutting the line on the keel, the sod).

For a bit of scale, the bend in that gaff in its mouth was about 6" in diameter.

*edit* Actually that's a bit misleading as the gaff is at an angle in the photo. Fish was about 7' long, but I can't remember the girth.

600x480.jpg

This is my biggest fish (by far). Excuse the crap picture as it is a frame cut from the video of me catching it, no one bothered to take any stills for me!

Its a blue fin tuna, caught off co. Donegal about 5yrs ago and was ~600lbs. Weight was estimated from measuring it as it was tagged and released.

Tbh it is so much bigger than any other fish I've caught that its a bit surreal and almost doesn't count. The next biggest fish that I've landed was a tope of about 25lbs (although I did once have a very big stingray on that came to the surface a couple of times, before diving under the boat and cutting the line on the keel, the sod).

For a bit of scale, the bend in that gaff in its mouth was about 6" in diameter.

*edit* Actually that's a bit misleading as the gaff is at an angle in the photo. Fish was about 7' long, but I can't remember the girth.

600x480.jpg

The picture looks misleading, looks like a random foot longer, I'd guess it was something like this?

crabbybluefintunafishgi5.jpg

Am a mad keen coarse angler.

PB for carp 27.1lb

In the main I am a Tinkerman - thats TENCH for the uneducated. PB is 6.11lbs.

Spend all my midweek days off fishing between Leyland and Chorley local ponds.

As for sea fishing, caught a 5ft shark in Cuba, almost used the wife as bait !!

A lot of people find it surprising especially friends who also do a lot of Coarse fishing that Tench are my favourite fish. I don't know whether its the beautifiul colour, or the fact they are powerful figters as they are a muscular fish but i get a real buzz when i catch Tench.

Myself and my father have just joined a local angling club and we have been to a couple of waters so far. Caught some nice Roach at the weekend, plus a lovely couple of Crucian Carp.

Nice PB on the Tench and Carp there 1864roverite

A few years ago i used to be into fishing big time.

Caught a 7lb Carp in the kemp delph up stanhill haha

Other than that i just used to fish for perch and roach

Once caught a perch that was 1.5lbs it was a beast for a perch

Hi Guys

fishing is big in oz love it bought a caravan on the beach had a 17foot boat son sold it if you have been to oz you will know,lots of sea beaches last xmas got 4 sharks just sand sharks about 2 -3 foot long.the variety of fish here is great plus prawns,lobster,abalone, we are spoilt here of this w/end to the van cheers guys also rovers on sky here live everton game

Hi Guys

fishing is big in oz love it bought a caravan on the beach had a 17foot boat son sold it if you have been to oz you will know,lots of sea beaches last xmas got 4 sharks just sand sharks about 2 -3 foot long.the variety of fish here is great plus prawns,lobster,abalone, we are spoilt here of this w/end to the van cheers guys also rovers on sky here live everton game

God that was hard to read.

A lot of people find it surprising especially friends who also do a lot of Coarse fishing that Tench are my favourite fish. I don't know whether its the beautifiul colour, or the fact they are powerful figters as they are a muscular fish but i get a real buzz when i catch Tench.

Myself and my father have just joined a local angling club and we have been to a couple of waters so far. Caught some nice Roach at the weekend, plus a lovely couple of Crucian Carp.

Nice PB on the Tench and Carp there 1864roverite

Thanks for that. Over here in Leyland and South Ribble we have plenty of small ponds that hold some magnificent fish, in particular Tinker fishing (tench) is excellent. One of my favourites if Fairhaven on Croston Road, Leyland. Filled with some cracking tinkers and carp but plenty of action for the middle range fish and excellent for introducing kids to fishing as they are guaranteed to catch.

I was just wondering if anyone else on the forum does a spot of fishing on a regular basis?

Just joined a coarse fishing club after a 8 year absence from fishing after my move back up north.

I thought this thread might be interesting for fellow anglers to talk about their catches, perhaps post photos and discuss the latest goings on in the angling world.

Sea fishing myself - hence based in the south coast - mostly fish off the beach at night.

A few years ago i used to be into fishing big time.

Caught a 7lb Carp in the kemp delph up stanhill haha

Other than that i just used to fish for perch and roach

Never caught a thing in years fishing Kemp Delph but tickled loads of trout in the higher reaches of Tinker Brook. Plenty of Pike in the Rishton stretch of the Leeds Liverpool Canal.

Never caught a thing in years fishing Kemp Delph but tickled loads of trout in the higher reaches of Tinker Brook. Plenty of Pike in the Rishton stretch of the Leeds Liverpool Canal.

Really, its full of perch, quite a few carp and a couple of pikes n all

Tiddler in Ireland that SAS. Caught plenty double that size in Loch Corrib in Galway. They jumped from the side of a reed bed onto a size 6 hook with a bloody great lob worm on the end held up by a large bubble float. No cunning required at all. Me and my mate caught 27 in two hours. Apparently perch with their voracious appetite thrive so well over there at the expense of other fish that they are regarded as a pest.

Aparantly there is an excellant tackle shop in Ossy (Oswaldtwistle not Australia). Does anyone use it?

It's a very good tackle shop, very well stocked with all sorts of stuff. Upstairs in the big pet shop just off the main drag.

In fact it's one of the few remaining round here these days. There's a little one in Accy on the same road as the main post office (Leonard's in Clayton has gone) and one in Darwen, somewhere. I found out today that the only one in Blackburn at Aquamania has now shut, mind you it was a bit rubbish anyway - there used to be a few in town but they've all gone now (anyone remember Harry Le-Moine's on Accy Road?)

I've been fishing for tench today at Marbury in Cheshire and caught a couple of nice ones, 5lb was the best.

Archived