BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
on annan: what strikes me is that how can the scouts have overlooked alanzinho when they have been watching annan. ok, they are two widely different players, but ''alan'' dominates the games far more than annan. and you have to be far better than other players in the norwegian league to make it in bigger leagues in europe. annan is not that player.

i think they have, but its hard to judge him. will he be able to pull those stunts on a man utd defender? and will he be a team player?

anyway. its all about potential, and annan have massive potential. did gamst look like he woule be a star at rovers when he was at tromsø? mikel playing in the 1st eleven at chelsea? it is very very hard to judge from the norwegian league. braaten did not make it, remember.

Nicko

Is it true that we've finally sorted a reserve team manager?

Did you say they were after some guy from Liverpool but it flaked, think it was in an earlier incarnation of one of your threads.

Think this guy they've lined up had some link with Liverpool, Academy or Community Officer, something like.

BTW, who was the Mirror journo on Talksport with Collymore on Fri evening? Was it Darren Lewis? Pleasantly surprised, he talked better than I expected (based articles I've read of his - always had him as another with an axe to grind against Rovers, till they appointed Ince for some reason)

Nicko

BTW, who was the Mirror journo on Talksport with Collymore on Fri evening? Was it Darren Lewis? Pleasantly surprised, he talked better than I expected (based articles I've read of his - always had him as another with an axe to grind against Rovers, till they appointed Ince for some reason)

I believe he is a mate of Ince and he didn't hold back in letting all and sundry know (via ssn/talksport etc) that Ince was the man for the Rovers hot seat when interviews were going on.

All of a sudden he becmes a Rovers fan eh?

I believe he is a mate of Ince and he didn't hold back in letting all and sundry know (via ssn/talksport etc) that Ince was the man for the Rovers hot seat when interviews were going on.

All of a sudden he becmes a Rovers fan eh?

Aha, someone else as cynicial as myself ! Personally, felt it was too obvious a link, but sure Nicko will spread some light on it. For what it's worth, I thought he came across very well - not sleazy or gobsheets like most of the celebrity journos you find on Sky Sports News. Interesting to see Nickos' comments on the Independent's journo being good mates with a spiv like Joorabchian.

Darren Lewis is a (Please dont use that word again)

He wrote a particularly scathing piece about little old Rovers acting too big for our wee boots when we didn't give Ince the job immediately.

He thinks (Please dont use that word again) all of our club, just mates with Ince. You watch him scout him around for bigger jobs if he does well at Rovers.

Been chasing a couple of possible moves...and getting nowhere fast.

There IS a new reserve team manager from Liverpool...but I don't know his name.

GOOD NEWS - Newcastle have given up on trying for and pestering Warnock. They are in for another left back - but that will keep for the Sunday People.

GOOD NEWS - Roque has not asked away, but somebody in the camp is doing some ridiculous leaking and stirring right now.

NOT SO GOOD NEWS - I don't think Pennant is convinced about coming.

BAD NEWS - A couple of absentees from the side today, but I am not going into detail. Away win less likely, so I think the bet is a hunch that Spurs will beat Middlesbrough who don't have a right back.

I very much doubt it.

Nicko

Who was the Mirror journo on Talksport with Collymore on Fri evening? Was it Darren Lewis? Pleasantly surprised, he talked better than I expected (based articles I've read of his - always had him as another with an axe to grind against Rovers, till they appointed Ince for some reason)

It would be Darren. He's a nice lad, making his way in the game. Seems to have some links with the new manager and/or his 'people.'

Mind you somebody else on the Mirror keeps getting the transfer stories... ;)

Been chasing a couple of possible moves...and getting nowhere fast.

There IS a new reserve team manager from Liverpool...but I don't know his name.

GOOD NEWS - Newcastle have given up on trying for and pestering Warnock. They are in for another left back - but that will keep for the Sunday People.

GOOD NEWS - Roque has not asked away, but somebody in the camp is doing some ridiculous leaking and stirring right now.

NOT SO GOOD NEWS - I don't think Pennant is convinced about coming.

BAD NEWS - A couple of absentees from the side today, but I am not going into detail. Away win less likely, so I think the bet is a hunch that Spurs will beat Middlesbrough who don't have a right back.

I very much doubt it.

Nicko, a couple of absentees from our side? What does that have to do with Spurs and Boro???

Im guessing Villanueva wont be involved and Emerton wont make it...If its Roque then we are doomed.

I dont think any other players are possibly that influential, other than MGP.

Nicko, a couple of absentees from our side? What does that have to do with Spurs and Boro???

I was going to have a small bet on an away win at Goodison, but I'm not so sure now.

Mrs Nicko's housekeeping will be on a Spurs away win instead...in fact, it just went on courtesy of Fred Done.

Couple of things you may want to check on Alan.

Have heard that Rovers have agreed a price with a right winger and that the deal will go ahead on Monday. Now this is a link from the Southern end of England !

Also heard that Rovers ARE taking action against a reporter and his employer who are now "barred" from Ewood until the matter is resolved.

I have no idea as to the identity of the reporter and hope that it aint your good self !

Any truth in this post Nicko?

Do you know who that is Alan?

If so is the 'somebody' a player or an agent?

I have a fair idea, but it would be better not to go there either.

The trouble is when a new regime comes in there will always be malcontents and moaners.

I thought the Mail 'mutiny' thing was unfair as you only judge those things over time.

And we've not kicked a ball in anger yet.

Archived