BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

I think his performances and general attitude at Liverpool is well known to the staff at Rovers.

That is a no go.

Think said factors were well known to everyone for a long time, but Hughes still subsequently fancied him as a long term target though. Maybe he felt he could 'man manage' it out of him? Reckon if Hughes had still been here, he'd have been our annual 'star striker with something to prove' import to add to the list of Bellamy, Benedict and Roque - we're due another!

However, given the steep learning curve Ince has faced so far, I agree the last thing he needs is more headaches. Still, we can but hope - Cisse certainly is keen for a move, fits criteria of a pacy striker - albeit with glass legs.

I think that should read 'Speedie only left when we signed Shearer'. Which would validate my point precisely

Factually incorrect I'm afraid. We would not have got Shearer unless they were getting Speedie; Branfoot had it as a dealbreaker.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think said factors were well known to everyone for a long time, but Hughes still subsequently fancied him as a long term target though. Maybe he felt he could 'man manage' it out of him? Reckon if Hughes had still been here, he'd have been our annual 'star striker with something to prove' import to add to the list of Bellamy, Benedict and Roque - we're due another!

However, given the steep learning curve Ince has faced so far, I agree the last thing he needs is more headaches. Still, we can but hope - Cisse certainly is keen for a move, fits criteria of a pacy striker - albeit with glass legs.

Factually incorrect I'm afraid. We would not have got Shearer unless they were getting Speedie; Branfoot had it as a dealbreaker.

No it's not incorrect it's the same difference and validates my point. Unless you are trying to split hairs over who signed first? :rolleyes:

Treacy and Judge have certainly been given chances in pre-season.

However it will be interesting if either figure today.

Judge wont feature today hes off on Intl duty!

Not sure about Keith!

Im still holding on to a thread that Villanueva might feature! :rolleyes:

Looking like hes out though!

I was going to have a small bet on an away win at Goodison, but I'm not so sure now.

Mrs Nicko's housekeeping will be on a Spurs away win instead...in fact, it just went on courtesy of Fred Done.

You might want to put money on Darren Bent scoring. It will happen (if preseason has any relevance).

Nicko, do you know if we may cast our net a little wider, to say Brazil, Mexico etc there are some serious up-coming talents in their leagues.

There are plenty of class players there. I would add Argentina.

But most of them would have big problems getting a work permit.

Archived