• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
----------Defoe--------------

------------------Walcott-----

Cole,J---Lampard---Barry---Beckham

Cole, A--Terry----Ferdinand--Johnson

----------------James--------------------

Leave Rooney on the bench, Defoe & Walcott both deserve a chance, Walcott's pace is amazing.

The paucity of English striking talent is frightening!

To be honest I would leave out Lampard and play Bullard. And definately play Bentley in front of Beckham.

God, Joe Cole left midfield.

How many times!

I try not to think about or watch England these days because it's too depressing.

Joe Cole is England's best player, the only player in my eyes other then Rio that deserves to start every game.

The knives are out for Capello amongst the press because he has left out St. Michael the lame. 2 sub appearances and a £100,000 p/w contract does not mean you can walk into the England team.

Capello thrives under a siege mentality.

He was not liked at Real and still managed to win the league in a season!

I was going to post something similar.

I find it strange you have highlighted J.Cole on the left. That is exactly what we need!

Joe Cole is one of England's better performers but never a left winger. But then again, for all I know, he has done well in recently friendlies (I have new policy of not following the England team friendlies).

The knives are out for Capello amongst the press because he has left out St. Michael the lame. 2 sub appearances and a £100,000 p/w contract does not mean you can walk into the England team.

aka the English striker who has scored more goals for England than all the strikers in the current England squad put together.

No matter what people think of Owen, he has scored goals for England on a regular basis and he's our best finisher. Walcott, Heskey, Rooney and Defoe don't even come close to Owen's record in an England shirt.

We are struggling up front as it is so why on earth leave out our best striker especially when he's back from injury.

Even if we only played him off the bench, it's surprising how many vital goals he's scored for England in the last few minutes.

Back from his 20,000th injury though. He is consistentish for England, but he does go missing sometimes, and should not gain a place just because he is Michael Owen. You are right though, on the very rare occaisions he hasn't done himself in picking up his wallet from his last physio session, he is 100 times better than potato head, or Ivanhoe. Face it, England are as bad, if not worse than Scotland, and half the players should retire from internationals (Gerrard, Jenas, Heskey, Lampard and Beckham). They are an embarrasment to the nation.

My opinion on a few players being mentioned.

I think Walcott will become a quality player for England & I wish he hadn't gone to Arsenal, he would be playing up front for anyone else. Defoe is a natural goalscorer. How Heskey is in the squad in front of Owen, Ashton & even Crouch I do not know. Rooney is a class player but his scoring record for England is shocking. Correct me if I am wrong but is his only competitive goal the one he scored against Russia away? Before that I think it was Euro 2004.

Gerrard annoyed me after we failed to qualify for Euro 08 against Croatia when he said "oh well, you know life goes on." He is only really interested in playing for Liverpool. He makes that team click & without him they are crap. I am a big fan of Beckham, I haven't always been, but the bloke is so passionate about wearing the three lions shirt. He doesn't need the money or the fame, he has his 100 caps now & he still wants to fly halfway round the world to play, he could have done a Shearer or a Scholes but he will continue all the time his country needs him. A true professional. Agreed he will probably lose his place soon, to make way for Bentley Big Head.

Joe Cole is the best option we have on the left & he chips in with his fair share of goals, what are the other options, oh yes Downing. :lol:

My team for Andorra:

James - Been England's best keeper for the last year or so

Johnson - We need him ahead of brown as he can get beyond defenders and attack more. Andorra aren't going to be in our half much.

Terry - Captain - Good at set pieces

Ferdinand - Best defender

A.Cole - Can get up and down left side, put in crosses.

Beckham - Get the balls into the box

Barry - Can attack and defend - Good passer & creative.

Lampard - Goalscorer, attacking minded

J.Cole - Probably most creative player in our squad

Defoe - Most natural goalscorer in the squad

Rooney - On his day he's class....great game to get a goal and boost confidence for Croatia game

Ashley Young has to be the most exciting young attacking player in England at the moment. Can't believe he's not in the team let alone the squad... and he plays on the left!

Must be something about having 2 Ashley's in the same team

Archived