BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum (2/09/08)

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any chance you could ask about the points card system? What the rewards are going to be, if it can actually be used on food and drink at half time etc. It's a great idea, I just think its time we knew a bit more

We will. We asked last time but the plan wasn't ready - they were too focused on ST sales at the time.

Raised disable area isn’t a bad one – maybe the riverside one of the corners where is isn’t full.

The disabled area used to be in the Riverside when they first created a small section of seating after re-building the stand. That stand is now rairly full for league games so a better option would surely be to annex a corner of a less popular stand like the Blackburn End. Swathes of Blue seats in that stand.

Can the club enforce a ban on Riversiders leaving early along the front? Maybe keep the doors closed until the whistle goes therefore making the early leavers leave via the rear of the stand and not annoy us all.

Would cost too much.

Having the riverside on view is the best aspect. A proper football stand. Much rather they spent the money on ripping the seats out of the Riverside and putting a terrace back. First dibs to Riversiders though

Any chance you could ask if the club will move the cameras to be based on top of the riverside, therefore giving a much better image of our ground on the TV?

This has been explored by the club before and decided to be to expensive and problomatic due to the river. They did however say that they will look into it when the riverside finally needs some work doing.

Any chance you could ask if the club will move the cameras to be based on top of the riverside, therefore giving a much better image of our ground on the TV?

Also, if the cameras go on top of the Riverside then they are facing the sun. Which every so often will be a problem.

Can the club enforce a ban on Riversiders leaving early along the front? Maybe keep the doors closed until the whistle goes therefore making the early leavers leave via the rear of the stand and not annoy us all.

Definitely can't do that. Anyone wanting to leave early would have a potential claim for false imprisonment against the club.

• Backroom
Definitely can't do that. Anyone wanting to leave early would have a potential claim for false imprisonment against the club.

Or if it's a particularly bad match... torture! :P

Of course they can do it. Obviously the rear door would still be opened early. Once people have walked to the front side gates and can't get out they will soon stop going trying to get out that way and go out via the rear of the stand.

There are announcements asking people to leave early via the rear gate but until the side gates are kept closed until the whistle then the ignoramus' will still try to leave that way.

Why people leave early is beyond me. When I used to live nr Stockport I used to be one of the last to leave the blackburn end and still make it home for just after 6pm

Any chance you could ask for a student season ticket option. Having to pay for a full adult as a student is very much a luxury. Although this probably won't generate a huge amount of extra revenue, it is a nice gesture to those of us who are wholly willing to pay to watch Rovers but simply can't afford it.

P.s. i am aware of a 16-21 season ticket but i'm enquiring about a student one.

Any chance you could ask for a student season ticket option. Having to pay for a full adult as a student is very much a luxury. Although this probably won't generate a huge amount of extra revenue, it is a nice gesture to those of us who are wholly willing to pay to watch Rovers but simply can't afford it.

********ABBEY***** offers a bucket for the tears

I was in Preston a couple of months back working.It was a wed night student night and all these skint students were out on the ale as they were monday , tues and thursday nights.Skint my arse.Get a job in KFC and save up like the rest of us.Back in the day when,it was childrens prices and adults.Hows about a subsidy for all us with ex wives to pay :P

Students get enough as it is - Abbey is spot on with his observations. Not only the cheap beer but half price kebab's at the end of the night too!

Agree that the stadium is looking dirty and needs a good clean - especially the corners of the stand and the outsides.

The P.A system is terrible from my spot in the Riverside (row 4 central), you cannot hear a word.

I have a feeling that those moving adverts are going to be a pain especially at night games, but i'll reserve judgement on that.

Good move by the club on the prayer room - even if it only increases the attendance by a few at least we're going in the right direction.

So to summarise folks, you would like us to condemn/applaud the club for opening a multi-faith prayer room :rolleyes:

I think it's quite clear the general consensus and with the best will in the world I don't think it's going to effect someone who lives in Malta and doesn't go to matches!

philip - not having a go, I don't think anyone is against the idea of the MFR but the location leaves a lot to be desired. It certainly isn't going to enhance the match day experience shall we say, in fact for those people who used to use those toilets before, at half time and after the match it's going to make it worse.

Bob-Re Praying Room in the bogs-I put this on the Ask Aspull bit last Friday...

The Chaplain from Ewood was interviewed on the radio this afternoon, and he made an excellent point regarding this matter. He said the prayer room is as much for staff at Ewood as it is for fans, which is something I don't think was mentioned previously. The staff are there for much longer than the fans are for the duration of a single match, I guess on match days they could be at the ground for 6 hours?

Edit-I appear to be agreeing with you, but the staff thing seems to be going unnoticed by a few still.

Got to say I agree, most students now leave university at around 22-24. I have a ST even though i go to a uni in the midlands. I dont get to every match but try as much as I can. Next year i'll be 22 and cannot justify spending over £300 on a season ticket and £25 return on rail costs for every match. The season ticket alone is over a 10th of what I live off. Many other clubs offer NUS discounts, especially those that fail to fill their ground. As seen at the pre-season at Wolves.

If the club keep to their format, they lose a season ticket holder, simple as. Will I return? maybe but who knows, like most ex season ticket holders say (and a reason why BBurn dont sell a great number of season tickets) once you've stopped going you forget about it and get out of the trend, finding other things to do.

Can I also say, and as someone who knows a lot of people in a similar situation, many people stop attending at 16, due to cost and never go back to watch football. Ive had friiends who owned season tickets from 6 (like me) to 16 (one season when they paid YA prices) then stopped, never to have returned and have been to maybe 1 or 2 games in 5 or so years. This is a very significant age 16- finishing university its when a club keeps a fan for life or allows itself to lose that one fan, but that one fan isnt just a seasons lost, its 50 or so seasons.

anyway essay over, thats just my view.

Fans of other clubs always asked me why our fans always left before the matches are over. I used to think there was only way out of the ground if you were sat in the riverside.

So i think it should be asked to leave those front gates closed until the final whistle and inform fans that if they want to leave they should use the rear gates simple as.

So to summarise folks, you would like us to condemn/applaud the club for opening a multi-faith prayer room :rolleyes:

Applaud for the concept, question their sanity over the location!

And why on earth did they not run the idea past you lot in the first place!! I'm quite sure that the Fans Forum would have immediately been able to point out that the last place in the ground to locate such a facility is in the Gents in N01!!

Edit - as the FF meeting isn't until 2 weeks today I'm sure you'll be able to attend armed with plenty more feedback following the Hull game.

Have you ever tried writing to the club and explaining your situation?

I know it is a few years since I was a student but I wrote to them 8 years ago (In my second year as a student) and explained how old I was, where i was based and how much I wanted a season ticket! The club let me have a young persons season ticket for the following three years which was very generous of them!

Having said all of the that Abbey is dead right, I had more money as a student than I ever have now as an assistant headteacher.

I know this probably isnt the place to write this response but the club gets so much bad publicity and they do do nice things!

The Chaplain from Ewood was interviewed on the radio this afternoon, and he made an excellent point regarding this matter. He said the prayer room is as much for staff at Ewood as it is for fans,

Presumably they give up 15 mins pay every time they use it? Otherwise it wouldn't be fair on the others would it?

The Chaplain from Ewood was interviewed on the radio this afternoon, and he made an excellent point regarding this matter. He said the prayer room is as much for staff at Ewood as it is for fans, which is something I don't think was mentioned previously. The staff are there for much longer than the fans are for the duration of a single match, I guess on match days they could be at the ground for 6 hours?

Edit-I appear to be agreeing with you, but the staff thing seems to be going unnoticed by a few still.

Hoping that the staff (especially Ince) don't think we need prayer room to survive this season....

Presumably they give up 15 mins pay every time they use it? Otherwise it wouldn't be fair on the others would it?

"He got some sweets and I didn't, mummy thats not fair!" <_<

I'm sure if you go to the Toilet during work they stop paying you? Otherwise it wouldn't be fair on the others would it?

Typical!

Archived