BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham Away Travel

Just looked in to travelling down to the West Ham game and the trains are pretty much a no go as every route in to London that weekend is being affected by works going on.

Manchester to Euston was 7 hours or so with several changes, as was Liverpool.

So it looks like we will all have to Natinal Express it or fly down!

Just thought I would pass this info incase some poeple were going to buy the tickets and then sort their travel out after.

No cheap fares on that direct service from Preston either.

Cheapest way to do the trip is use Chiltern Rail from Birmingham Snow Hill to London Marylebone, if you're in a group of 4 you can get a Groupsave ticket which will cost you £15 each from Brum to London.

Return from Blackburn to Birmingham should be about £20 if you get in quick. Total of £35 so saves 30 quid on the Virgin fare.

Even if not in a group of 4, you'd save £15 on the Virgin fare (day return on Chiltern is £29).

No cheap fares on that direct service from Preston either.

Cheapest way to do the trip is use Chiltern Rail from Birmingham Snow Hill to London Marylebone, if you're in a group of 4 you can get a Groupsave ticket which will cost you £15 each from Brum to London.

Return from Blackburn to Birmingham should be about £20 if you get in quick. Total of £35 so saves 30 quid on the Virgin fare.

Even if not in a group of 4, you'd save £15 on the Virgin fare (day return on Chiltern is £29).

Don't get lost walking from New Street to Snow Hill like I used to do!!!

I'm really tempted to go to this game and with a 15 quid train fair I am even more tempted!

Just looked in to travelling down to the West Ham game and the trains are pretty much a no go as every route in to London that weekend is being affected by works going on.

Manchester to Euston was 7 hours or so with several changes, as was Liverpool.

So it looks like we will all have to National Express it or fly down!

Just thought I would pass this info in case some people were going to buy the tickets and then sort their travel out after.

How about going to Leeds then St. Pancras?

There is a way round going on the train, the options i have looked at get me into either Marylebone or Paddington.

Looks a right ball ache with the changes etc though so im looking at National Express myself for this one.

£20 return from Stoke, still £20 cheaper than getting the train.

Anybody going from the Blackburn area to London on Saturday by train? I could do with some advice regarding tickets and where to book them as I am not familiar with using the trains :wacko: I realise the engineering works will play havoc but needs must and all that :rover:

Anybody going from the Blackburn area to London on Saturday by train? I could do with some advice regarding tickets and where to book them as I am not familiar with using the trains :wacko: I realise the engineering works will play havoc but needs must and all that :rover:

You can buy online at places such as Virgin Trains or TheTrainLine, but as already mentioned in this thread it isn't the best of weekends to be travelling to London. (typing in Blackburn to London brings up no results at all) You will have to split your journey up in one of the ways suggested above.

Alternatively pop down to Blackburn station, they "should" be able to help you book a ticket.

Cheers cn174. I will have a look tonight at them websites when I get in from work. Lee on the official MB says that he is going via Leeds so I might take a look at that if there aren't many changes involved and the times are reasonable.

Archived