BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City Preview

As for Hull - set out their stall and did so well - not sure Garcia meant his goal and time will only tell if their style of play will keep them up - deserved the point they came for.

Take it you saw the analysis with Andy Gray then? Garcia eye's never went in the direction of the goal, so I would have to say a fluke.

Also Andy if your going to sit there explaining Roberts goal it helps if you show it on the screen, muppet.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"If Roque can get inbetween Turner and Gardner and get his head on the end of a cross, he'll get the winner... if not;

1-1, Santa Cruz for Rovers, Folan for Hull City"

Funniest thing i have heard for a while. He will rip them apart, chew them, spit them out, kick them around on the floor and then jump all over them. Very poor defensive partnering.

I remember Gardner at Port Vale and he was poor there too.

I think Hull will give it a right go though. Should be a good game.

Oh really?

I said people were underestimating Hull with their 3/4-0 predictions.

I havn't seen any of the game, I was at Leeds Festival... I got txt updates from people at the game, basically said Rovers were the better 1st half, it was pretty even the 2nd half and then Hull nearly won it late on... but a draw was a fair result... is that about right?

i wasn't at the match, and i also wasn't at everton. which might make me some kind of plastic-fan. But i did have to put up with the pathetic excuse of a journalist that is stuart hall.

the guy is just a joke. Fine if we are talking about its a knockout, but football is a bit more serious than that.

example: the score is 2-2 at goodison, commentary is from Hull v Fulham, suddenly the commentator announces "news of a goal at goodison" me, with heart in mouth, has to listen to geriatric bumptious verbose sh1t-for-brains spout off in his flowery talk for minutes before saying which team had scored.

this week, he told us how "jason roberts was miles offside" and "garcia came from nowhere" (impressive??) before letting us in on the fact the crowd was 23000 including 6000 from hull. you get the message.

oh, and apparently, phil brown was "loquacious, voracious and ostentatious" and the star of the show

seriously, get this idiot off the BBC!

But i did have to put up with the pathetic excuse of a journalist that is stuart hall.

the guy is just a joke. Fine if we are talking about its a knockout, but football is a bit more serious than that.

seriously, get this idiot off the BBC!

No! Keep him on TV hosting a resurgence of "It's a knockout".

I do agree that his football descriptions are over-flowery.

Rover6, I agree that we should be looking to play one of Reid or Emerton in place of Mokoena, but we don't need to make them 'fit' a holding role. I don't understand people's desire for one attack minded centre mid and another defensively minded.

Chelsea, in Makelele, had possibly the world's best defensive midfielder. However, their formation, being a 4-5-1 with two advanced wingers and with Lampard in something of a free role, really did exploit his talents. Playing a 4-4-2 with no right winger and something of a 'left sided midfielder' in Pedersen, there is no need for a holding player.

Interesting view on our formation - but for me we had a definite pattern - which wasn't 4-4-2. We seem to be playing a 4-1-3-2 formation - with t'Axe playing the holding role just in front of the back four. Dunn, Reid and MGP seemed to be given license to attack using this formation. It will be interesting to see if this formation is changed to accomodate our new Chilean superstar (when fit).

Interesting view on our formation - but for me we had a definite pattern - which wasn't 4-4-2. We seem to be playing a 4-1-3-2 formation - with t'Axe playing the holding role just in front of the back four. Dunn, Reid and MGP seemed to be given license to attack using this formation. It will be interesting to see if this formation is changed to accomodate our new Chilean superstar (when fit).

I agree that we did seem to play 4-1-3-2 but I feel the problem may come with where a 'box to box' type player like Andrews would fit into this formation with a creative attacking midfielder and two wide midfielders/

Take it you saw the analysis with Andy Gray then? Garcia eye's never went in the direction of the goal, so I would have to say a fluke.

Nope - don't have sky and wouldn't listen to his twaddle even if I had - saw it with my own very eyes - the guy wasn't even going for goal just a direct head across the box but he ballsed it up and luckily for him it went in.

:rover: more worried about this game than the everton game,i will take any result as long as we have a player on the halfway line when hull have a corner

:rover: had a funny feeling about sat,newly promoted club/big following/after the lords mayor show.but low and behold we had everyone back when hull had a corner :wacko::brfc:

:rover: what became evident on saturday was the need for a attacking midfielder,once dunny went off injured we were lost.harper from reading would do :brfc:

That's because we have no flair (Dunny aside) in the team. Forget McCarthy. He's just here for the money now.

We badly need 2 center midfielders with a bit of class and a right winger NOW. January may be too late.

Archived