BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City Preview

Without any signings we look like we have two teams who you could back to beat Hull

-------------McCarthy------Fowler

Treacy---------------Villaneuva---------Derbysire

-----------------Vogel

---Olsson------Zurab------Ooijer-----Emerton

--------------------------Brown

I think you're being a bit disrespectful to Hull if you think that team would beat them! No pace/movement/strength/work rate up-front, a midfield with barely a tackle between them, not to mention two out of position, an unproven left back and a mid-table Championship standard goalkeeper. I think Hull would win that one comfortably.

I think we'll probably see the same starting eleven as against Everton, maybe with Emerton replacing a disappointing Reid on the right side if he's fit. I think this one will be a draw and we'll all be brought back down to reality after Saturday.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeh, mentioned him earlier.

Always remembered for the penalty at Stoke!

Now there's a memory!!!

Missed loads of pens and good old Dave was the only one big enough to come forward to take it.

I remember it was an age from the award to it eventually being taken, Mail just picked the mud out his boots placed the ball deliberately and waited.....BANG top corner and the biggest celebration I've ever seen for a spot kick.

I'll go home in a good mood now.

He whacked it straight down the middle I thought? Must have been the angle! Either way - top top fella Maily. Granted, not the best player in the world but a bloody good bloke.

Anyway, back to the Hull preview and the usual...

He whacked it straight down the middle I thought? Must have been the angle! Either way - top top fella Maily. Granted, not the best player in the world but a bloody good bloke.

Anyway, back to the Hull preview and the usual...

Top corner sounds better though doesn't it Bob?

Might not have been the best player in the world Bob but he was bloody quick. Did he not live in Hoddlesden?

Top corner sounds better though doesn't it Bob?

Might not have been the best player in the world Bob but he was bloody quick. Did he not live in Hoddlesden?

Thinking about it it was the top corner, best strike of a ball I've ever seen. Ref blew his whistle and before he had taken the whistle from his lips the ball was in the back of the net. The Stoke keeper didn't even move. Mail just stood on the spot put his hands on his hips and turned round given the crowd the evil eye. There's where that ###### Cantona got it from. Eric would have looked better if he'd had a 'tache.

Not sure where he used to live LD but he was good at the javelin I seem to recall?

Now there's a memory!!!

Missed loads of pens and good old Dave was the only one big enough to come forward to take it.

I remember it was an age from the award to it eventually being taken, Mail just picked the mud out his boots placed the ball deliberately and waited.....BANG top corner and the biggest celebration I've ever seen for a spot kick.

I'll go home in a good mood now.

i was at that game with capt kayos was this the season of the 23 game run

No, it was towards the end of the 89/90 season. He also netted one a little later on Ipswich I seem to recall. Amazing to think the likes of Gayle, Kennedy, Stapleton and May had all made a balls-up from the spot that season (the Stapleton one at Villa in the cup was particularly hard to swallow. As was May's at home to Leeds)

LD Rover and Bob Fleming are spot on - it was the hardest hit pen I have ever seen!

Hull City:

The only club

(1) Never been beaten in the Premiership

(2) Never been beaten at Wembley

(3) The only football club not to have a name where no letters can be "coloured in."

Getting No 1 off the list is a priority.

No 2 maybe sometime in the future.

I think we can live with No 3.

Can't wait for Saturday.

Hull City:

The only club

(1) Never been beaten in the Premiership

(2) Never been beaten at Wembley

(3) The only football club not to have a name where no letters can be "coloured in."

Getting No 1 off the list is a priority.

No 2 maybe sometime in the future.

I think we can live with No 3.

Can't wait for Saturday.

2) Of the teams that have played there...

3) Think you could revise the wording slightly, but I get ya.

I think you're being a bit disrespectful to Hull if you think that team would beat them! No pace/movement/strength/work rate up-front, a midfield with barely a tackle between them, not to mention two out of position, an unproven left back and a mid-table Championship standard goalkeeper. I think Hull would win that one comfortably.

I think we'll probably see the same starting eleven as against Everton, maybe with Emerton replacing a disappointing Reid on the right side if he's fit. I think this one will be a draw and we'll all be brought back down to reality after Saturday.

Well, I think they would give Hull a game at any rate!

I am suprised you thought Reid was poor, I thought in the first half in particular he was very good, certainly performed above expectations.

Another player to represent both clubs at about the same time was Tony Finnegan.

Tony Finnigan...aka Arthur Daley

Went to buy an away tkt one afternoon down at the old tkt office on Nuttall street and this fella must have spent 20mins trying to sell me some "bling" from his holdall.

The girls in the tkt office were said it was a regular occurrence! :lol:

i know this is tempting fate, but i think against a team like Hull we can kind of use the game to try out other serious options for the season. Would like to see Carlos (if hes fit) used just behind Roque, and see what he can really do.

Robinson

Ooijer Samba Nelsen Warnock

Reid Dunn Moko Pedersen

Carlos

Roque

that maybe for me

Archived