BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Return Of The Axe

Rover6, the only delusion I see is your abnormal obsession/hatred of one of OUR players...you can not be objective when it comes to the Axe, so you might as well not comment on him, as your comments are full of your own bias against the player. He was above average against Everton and was average (and better than many) against Hull....He has done a job for this club and frankly, your fixation with him strikes me as a little odd....focus your energy on the reserves and academy, at least then you talk some sense

At the end of the day, the Axe is a Rovers player and all fans of Rovers should get behind him and support him when puts on a Rovers shirt.

Sure the player has limitations but can be effective, especially away from home. It is not his fault that two different managers feel the guy can do a job

Wasn't Souness using one of our academy prospects in the first team to give him vital experience? Isn't that what they need?

Turns out that he was crap, never good enough and apparently we shouldn't have bothered. Funny, that.

I'd say that we got more money because of the experience. He wasn't good, but considering the options at the time, he did a serviceable job.

At the end of the day, the Axe is a Rovers player and all fans of Rovers should get behind him and support him when puts on a Rovers shirt.

I truly believe that statement and I get so fed up of hearing fans shouting abuse at players during the game.

Thats a bit childish mate....therefore nobody on here can have an opinion because they aren't a pro footballer???? :huh:

it wasnt ment like that all i was saying was that there is alot of people calling him but in all fairness those people coudnt any better themselves and it is the same in any job... an employer doesnt give someone a job if that person is no good.

Not familiar with the public sector, are we, sparky?

(And before Paul M and others rant, there are definitely examples in the private sector, as well, but it's not as funny that way.)

Not familiar with the public sector, are we, sparky?

(And before Paul M and others rant, there are definitely examples in the private sector, as well, but it's not as funny that way.)

well actually i vaugly do but tbh that has nothing to do with football and all i was saying was whats the point in saying he cant play footaball because you cant do any better

What's wrong with having an opinion on someone's talent (or lack of it)?

I might not be able to do better than Mokoena, but then I'm not a professional footballer earning mega-money.

As fans we have a right to an opinion, I'm sorry if you can't cope with that.

What's wrong with having an opinion on someone's talent (or lack of it)?

I might not be able to do better than Mokoena, but then I'm not a professional footballer earning mega-money.

As fans we have a right to an opinion, I'm sorry if you can't cope with that.

shall we leave it now im not saying you cant have an opinion but the only reason i said what i said is because i didnt agree with one persons comment so lets leave it at that

• 2 months later...
  • Backroom

I've always thought Mokoena could do a job for us, fair enough he's poor on the ball but looked comfortable and in control against Chelsea last week and played a massive part in our staying away from danger when he played regulary in his first season.

I'd have him in before Reid anyway.

Unspectacular (and that's an understatement), unheralded, unnoticed...... despite all the flak on here it's not often that he has a really poor game. Solid last night too - in fairness, that's probably his level (the bottom half of the table sides) but there's nothing wrong with that. If Grella lives up to the billing no doubt he'll be first choice, if he doesn't then Axe is a decent deputy.

Archived