BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts

Hmm, Given let down his defence in conceding the two goals; more like the other way round as Given didn't have an earthly chance with two well directed headers across him from 6 yards out.

Thankfully Roberts got booked for the challenge so it cannot be called for review.

That is exactly what it does say.

It was another forgettable afternoon for Given, who was let down by his defence again, with Christopher Samba and Roque Santa Cruz beating their markers to give Blackburn a 2-0 lead at the break.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me this is a bad decision from the board, imo championship player at best as he doesn't have enough attributes to be a striker at the top level. Age isn't on his side, yes he is a physical and can cause defenders problems but as a striker it's all about goal ratio and he is a weak link.

For me this is a bad decision from the board, imo championship player at best as he doesn't have enough attributes to be a striker at the top level. Age isn't on his side, yes he is a physical and can cause defenders problems but as a striker it's all about goal ratio and he is a weak link.

Add to the fact he never wins an header, can't take a penalty and sulks when he is a sub. I say sell him in January!

BBC audio interview with Jason here.

Contract expiring less than two years from now- Rovers have to make their move and renew it now. He is of an age that he could buy out the rest of his contract and move as a free agent already this season.

This is virtually nothing to do with football merit and all to do with Rovers protecting their interests.

Add to the fact he never wins an header, can't take a penalty and sulks when he is a sub. I say sell him in January!

Well thought out. :rolleyes: We sell him, Benny is terminally misfiring and Hughes comes in with an unbelievable offer for RSC. Great that leaves us with Derbyshire and Fowler. The lessons we have learned over recent years at BRFC is surely never to replace a player before you bring in a replacement! We got relegated through it and imo we lost a manager for partly the same reason. So dingle etc rather than knee jerk sentiments lets have your opinion on who we should line up as his replacement first ..... and NO! I'm not allowing you to shop in the 2nd Div basement or in Championship ressies.

Over to you...

Hmmmm, sell Bentley, extend Roberts' contract.

Bentley wanted to go end off

Regarding Roberts, i think it's a good move if we extend his contract, he is a good player to have in our squad, i am sure many other premership teams would not mine him in their squad.

If you look at the facts, Bentley and Neill were nothing like the same scenario.

Den Bentley wanted to go, even if the club offered him stupid wages, he still would of turned us down, he wanted to leave us to further his career (it's just a shame on him that he chose Spurs lol)

If you look at the facts, Bentley and Neill were nothing like the same scenario.

I agree the scenario was different but the procedure the club followed in offering extensions to the contracts of both players on higher wages and having them both turn it down is the similarity I was pointing to. Maybe I didn't make that clear...

Well thought out. :rolleyes: We sell him, Benny is terminally misfiring and Hughes comes in with an unbelievable offer for RSC. Great that leaves us with Derbyshire and Fowler. The lessons we have learned over recent years at BRFC is surely never to replace a player before you bring in a replacement! We got relegated through it and imo we lost a manager for partly the same reason. So dingle etc rather than knee jerk sentiments lets have your opinion on who we should line up as his replacement first ..... and NO! I'm not allowing you to shop in the 2nd Div basement or in Championship ressies.

Over to you...

Oh thats not fair.............we could resign Kuqi! :lol:

Seriously though...if some premier clubs have to have fire sales due to money troubles better standard of players to roberts will be available at low costs. It is better to recover some funds now on Roberts than allow to leave for free.

Oh thats not fair.............we could resign Kuqi! :lol:

Seriously though...if some premier clubs have to have fire sales due to money troubles better standard of players to roberts will be available at low costs. It is better to recover some funds now on Roberts than allow to leave for free.

You still don't understand do you?

B-O-S-M-A-N

You still don't understand do you?

B-O-S-M-A-N

Why do i not understand?

I thought that is what I am saying. He is contracted to 2010...sell now while he has some value. His value will decrease from here on in as his contarct ticks down ultimately ending with him leaving on a free.

I think he might be able to buy out his contract in January, or around that time. I say get him signed up, then sell him in January, but only if we find a better 'strong' striker with a solid work ethic.

I don't think it's possible for that to be the case. The rule about buying out contracts is 2 or 3 years depending on age, but as we signed him in a summer window then surely it would be in the summer when then rule would start applying to him?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived