BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Give Us Our Toilets Back!

Give us our toilets back!

Our return to the Blackburn End saw a new addition... we now are the proud owners of a "Multi Faith Room"...

But what idiot decided to section of half of the gents on the bolton road side of the blackburn end! Surely space could have been found elsewhere? or perhaps the ladies (seeing as it must at be least 80% lads in the BB end)!

And then because a few lads decided to vocalise their displease the police and the "£2 an Hour" brigade have to wade in and get "tough"...

Come John W... have a word!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it 's a poor decision. If you're going to have such a room then surely in a more tucked away place of the Blackburn end would make sense. To be fair I thought the police and stewards did okay today, a thankless task and avoidable situation. The odd bit of chanting got out order though.

Yes, it 's a poor decision. If you're going to have such a room then surely in a more tucked away place of the Blackburn end would make sense. To be fair I thought the police and stewards did okay today, a thankless task and avoidable situation. The odd bit of chanting got out order though.

I think the worst bits happened after teh second half kicked off

Curiously can I ask what exactly happened?? Was there violence involved?

No violence. Started off as reasonable banter but by the time 2nd half started it degenerated into racism. I can't believe the Muslims (who it's probaly aimed at despite the multi faith tag) believe it's a good idea having it where it is. Whoever dreamt this up should not be in a job.

No violence. Started off as reasonable banter but by the time 2nd half started it degenerated into racism. I can't believe the Muslims (who it's probaly aimed at despite the multi faith tag) believe it's a good idea having it where it is. Whoever dreamt this up should not be in a job.

Here we go again. Having a go at Muslims. MULTI-FAITH ROOM, now what bit of that don't you understand? I can't see anywhere it says "Muslims Only!". Can you?

Here we go again. Having a go at Muslims. MULTI-FAITH ROOM, now what bit of that don't you understand? I can't see anywhere it says "Muslims Only!". Can you?

I'm not (read my post properly) but if you had a look in it there's a pile of Islamic prayer mats and one Bible on a shelf and nothing else so it wasn't an outrageous comment. I'm fine with the idea of a multi faith room but just not where they've put it, it's daft.

Chip on your shoulder?

I can't believe the Muslims (who it's probaly aimed at despite the multi faith tag) believe it's a good idea having it where it is.

Neither can I.

Hence the requests for the justification on the location.

The idea itself has merit, the location is questionable at best.

You are either naive or a wind up merchant.

But why are you not allowed to use it unless you take your shoes off?

Sadly, even before today there were problems - most of which could be avoided and have been jumped on by some fools just for the hell of it. I know of one guy (who clearly has nothing better to do) has already been involved in a altercation with a steward, a police officer and has been enthused enough to write to JW. Seems he wanted to use it and was refused access because he wouldn't remove his shoes (he claims he doesn't in church), but no policy or access rules were produced to prove/disprove rules of access.

Wonder if a Rastafarian wanted to use it could he smoke in it?

Are people able to use it from other parts of the ground?

Wonder if Rovers are cute enough to ask for rates relief from BWDBC for having a prayer room within a property, as some other places in Blackburn allegedly have?

Wonder if they fully funded it's development 100%, or if they received some sort of grant for it?

As always with these type of things, it's admirable developing things to include minorities but not at the expense of the majority. Personally, I think this is is simply the latest example of possibly a well-intentioned idea badly planned & shoddily executed.

Can't help thinking it's stoking the flames (no pun intended) to put in front of a group of guys that don't even watch the game, just drink for the duration of the game - never mind any aggro, but how long before they claim some element of human rights issue with having a 50% reduction in their water break capacity?

As far as I am aware Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims praying on a floor would need it to be clean, thus you cannot have people walking in with shoes on.

Out of interest did many people use the facility?

Difficult to say how many used it for its purpose as there are 2 toilet cubicles in there (the room is partioned off from them!) and there was overspill from the now limited facilities next door but I spoke to a steward just before kick off and he said about 20.

When have we disrespected other faiths?

Muslim women may not marry non-Muslim men, non-Muslims may not inherit from their Muslim relatives, and a testimony of a non-Muslim is inadmissible against a Muslim.[11] A non-Muslim who insults Islam must be put to death, according to most schools of Islamic jurisprudence, or flogged and imprisoned, according to others.[12]

Abraham, Moses, Hebrew prophets, and Jesus were all prophets of Islam, but according to Muslim tradition their message and the texts of the Torah and the Gospels were corrupted by Jews and Christians. Similarly, children of non-Muslim families are born Muslims, but are converted to another faith by their parents.[13]

If that isnt disrespect for other religions I dont know what is. Intolerance at its most pure.

I think you call it respecting other peoples faith.

Sorry, that argument doesn't work both ways though does it? Suppose a Christian male and female wanted to use the room together? As I understand it, some religion's places of prayer only allow access to one sex in certain circumstances; there's a difference in respecting another's religion and amending one's practicing to suit another. There is also an element that the room is there as a facility meant to be used in addition to a normal place of worship; not instead of, and so some concessions would clearly be made. It would just be nice to be clear about what is/isn't acceptable and how the room should be used.

So, if one of the beer mob wanted to use the room, would they have to leave their beer out of the room too, as alcohol is banned in some religions?

Muslim women may not marry non-Muslim men, non-Muslims may not inherit from their Muslim relatives, and a testimony of a non-Muslim is inadmissible against a Muslim.[11] A non-Muslim who insults Islam must be put to death, according to most schools of Islamic jurisprudence, or flogged and imprisoned, according to others.[12]

Abraham, Moses, Hebrew prophets, and Jesus were all prophets of Islam, but according to Muslim tradition their message and the texts of the Torah and the Gospels were corrupted by Jews and Christians. Similarly, children of non-Muslim families are born Muslims, but are converted to another faith by their parents.[13]

If that isnt disrespect for other religions I dont know what is. Intolerance at its most pure.

Brilliant copy and paste job from google. Big round of applause.

Difficult to say how many used it for its purpose as there are 2 toilet cubicles in there (the room is partioned off from them!) and there was overspill from the now limited facilities next door but I spoke to a steward just before kick off and he said about 20.

Wonder how many of the 20 were just 'looking around'?

Were they 'pee-ers' or 'prayer-ers'?

Guess the novelty will wear off in time.

Archived