BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Grimsby

Hasta

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should really use this opportunity to play some players that haven't had a chance so far, but without pushing it too far and risking embarrassment. Personally, I'd go for...

-------------Robinson--------------

Simpson Ooijer Samba Warnock

---------Emerton Vogel ----------

-Derbyshire Villanueva Treacy--

-------------McCarthy-------------

There should be enough there to win that game, and it should give us a better understanding of where some players are with regards to their positions in the squad. I left Nelsen out simply because he's been at the Olympics and he's the most injury prone of the back four.

I think your onto something with that team LeChuck. I would go for something similar but McCarthy cannot lead the line imo. I would plump for:

----------------------Roberts

Treacy------------McCarthy--------Villaneuva

--------------Vogel-------------Emerton

Olsson-----Nelsen------Zurab------Simpson

--------------------Robinson

Personally I would rather Roberts did not play as he needs a rest but we are just not much of an attacking unit without him. Hopefully we can sign either Ollic or Pinto by the end of the window to give us a another "proper" striker.

Who's Mr. Pineapple?

Villanueva won't start. Tugay will. We'll just beat them, 3-2.

Mr Pineapple = Carlos Villenueva

Yes, he will start apparently, as it has been confirmed already.

I think your onto something with that team LeChuck. I would go for something similar but McCarthy cannot lead the line imo. I would plump for:

----------------------Roberts

Treacy------------McCarthy--------Villaneuva

--------------Vogel-------------Emerton

Olsson-----Nelsen------Zurab------Simpson

--------------------Robinson

Personally I would rather Roberts did not play as he needs a rest but we are just not much of an attacking unit without him. Hopefully we can sign either Ollic or Pinto by the end of the window to give us a another "proper" striker.

Olsson and Vogel are injured JNB

I remember the last time we played this lot at their ground (is it still as dilapidated?) the night we won 4 - 1 on the way to promotion. Ah, the memories...

I'm hoping for something similar on Wednesday! A decent game and a good result!

Carlos is playing too! :D

LeChuck, Derbs doesn't have what it takes to play that kind of creative right wing/forward role.

I expect Emerton and Treacy on the wings, Benni and Villaneuva upfront, Tugay and Reid central midfield, Simpson and Warnock fullback and Zura and Samba centre backs. Robinson will probably remain in goal.

Gggggggggrrrrrrrrrr. Just been called into hospital tomorrow for an op - will miss this one and West Ham. Was looking forward to seeing Carlos's debut. Never mind, hope a good vociferous crowd turn up and cheer the lads to a good win.

i think we should play something like

.....................robinson....................

simpson.....zurab....ooijer.......warnock...

...............tugay......mokoena............

derbyshire........villaneuva.......treacy...

......................roberts.....................

give emerton, reid, santa cruz, nelsen, pedersen and samba a little rest for the west ham game..

Many seem to be treating this like a pre season friendly. Grimsby will playing all out, a midfield pairing of Judge and Villanueva would have 'upset' written all over it.

Anyway, this would be my team (not sure if the league cup allows 5 or 7 subs, I'll let Ince pick the other two in that case)

..................robinson

simpson...zura.....nelsen....warnock

reid.......tugay....mokoena...treacy

........roberts........villanueva

Subs. brown, ooijer, emerton, judge, derbyshire, mccarthy

I would pick:

Robinson

Simpson--Samba--Ooijer--Warnock

Reid--Mokoena--Tugay--Treacy

Villanueva

Roberts

Subs: McCarthy, Brown, Emerton, Derbyshire, Zurab (If 7 allowed) Judge and A.N.Other youngster.

I think this will be more likely though.

Robinson

Simpson--Zurab--Ooijer--Warnock

Judge--Tugay--Mokoena--Treacy

Villanueva

McCarthy

** If Warnock isn't fit, Treacy at LB and Pedersen on the left.

It's got Coventry written all over it.

Gggggggggrrrrrrrrrr. Just been called into hospital tomorrow for an op - will miss this one and West Ham. Was looking forward to seeing Carlos's debut. Never mind, hope a good vociferous crowd turn up and cheer the lads to a good win.

Best wished RM.

Your droll observations will be missed during the hopefully brief interim.

I would pick:

Robinson

Simpson--Samba--Ooijer--Warnock

Reid--Mokoena--Tugay--Treacy

Villanueva

Roberts

Subs: McCarthy, Brown, Emerton, Derbyshire, Zurab (If 7 allowed) Judge and A.N.Other youngster.

I think this will be more likely though.

Robinson

Simpson--Zurab--Ooijer--Warnock

Judge--Tugay--Mokoena--Treacy

Villanueva

McCarthy

** If Warnock isn't fit, Treacy at LB and Pedersen on the left.

It's got Coventry written all over it.

I agree with your preferred team - Villaneuva needs a strong striker like Roberts to feed off - not an off form McCarthy. Can't wait to see Villaneuva - don't think I have been as excited about a pre-season signing for a long time.

All the best from me, & no doubt from everyone else on here too.

Hope it goes well.

Not my preferred team but I think we'll go for:

-------------Robinson-------------

Simpson Zurab Nelsen Warnock

Emerton Tugay Reid Pedersen

------------Villanueva------------

-------------McCarthy------------

I'd prefer to see Derbyshire start with McCarthy upfront and Villanueva in a midfield roll instead of Reid but from what I've read it doesnt seem to be his position.

Do you think it will be ok to park on Aldi/Mcdonalds car park tomorrow eve?

Ince has said Ooijer and Santa will be rested as both played 90 minutes for their countries last week and I think one or two others will be given a chance so I reckon we should line up like:

Robinson

Simpson Zurab Samba Warnock

Emerton Reid Tugay Treacy

Villanueva

Roberts

Subs: Brown, Nelsen, Mokoena, Judge, Pedersen, Derbyshire, McCarthy

I know there is no room for complacency but we should win whatever team we put out so I will accept nothing but a goal fest :lol:

Archived