BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Grimsby

Hasta

does anybody know whether there will be any highlights of this game on tv or will I have to wait until I get up in the morning to watch Sky Sports News

I think ITV have a highlight show late in the evening.

I'm going tonight, looking forward to see the youtube sensation! :)

I'm going to be bold with my prediction :rover:

Rovers 7 - 1 Grimbsy

Carlos 8

Benni Mac 14, 75

Derbyshire 38, 79

Treacy 54

Tugay 90

Line up:

Robinson - Simpson, Nelsen, Samba, Warnock - Emerton, Tugay, King Carlos, Treacy - Benni Mac, Derbyshire

Probably not going to be both Tugay and King Carlos in midfield, King Carlos might even be further forward on the pitch (as our always reliable youth expert rover6 claims, although he is a MIDFIELDER on the Rovers website). But hey, would be fun with both Tugay and King Carlos in the centre of the park :P

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if we'll go for 3 up front tonight, Benni with Carlos to his left and Derbs to his right, maybe like this

Robbo

Simpson Zurab Samba Warnock

Emerton Mokoena Treacy

Derbs Benni Carlos

Ince is meant to like different formations, and he said Carlos would play up top.

There were a few funny results last night, but we should be confident, especially as Ince played Grimsby THREE times last season. He should know enough about them to avoid a slip up.

Can't wait to see the lineup tonight! I wonder if poor Villanueva can live up to the enormous expectations if he does play? There is quite a big risk that he'll just provide more ammo for the doom-mongers on here. I'm not expecting great things. Not yet. Think I'm in a minority here.

Well better get a move on or i'll not get through the throng to the turnstiles by 8pm....

It's a grey and damp night which is unlikely to be brightened by this evenings action.

But i've got my "Vince Grella" to keep me dry and a few quid off the missus for a couple of beers afterwards. I'll tuck a meat samosa in me pocket and hope for a few goals to keep me awake til 10pm.

I'll settle for absolutely any result or scoreline that isn't a draw.

See you in gods own riverside....

Team news is out, lots of changes.

Brown

Simpson

Nelson

Khizanhishvilli

Treacey

Emerton

Mokoena

Tugay

Pedersen

Derbyshire

King Carlos!

Robinson

Kane

Santa Cruz

Judge

Marshall

Hodge

Gallagher

No McCarthy and Vogel in the lineup tonight.....either they are injured or theyr'e off......

Pretty sure Vogel is still injured, as for McCarthy? Who knows............

Brown

Simpson

Nelson

Khizanhishvilli

Treacey

Emerton

Mokoena

Tugay

Pedersen

Derbyshire

King Carlos!

Robinson

Kane

Santa Cruz

Judge

Marshall

Hodge

Gallagher

I think Benni is on his way out !

Brown

Simpson

Nelson

Khizanhishvilli

Treacey

Emerton

Mokoena

Tugay

Pedersen

Derbyshire

King Carlos!

Robinson

Kane

Santa Cruz

Judge

Marshall

Hodge

Gallagher

Treacy at left back? I would have played Robinson in goal, get a clean sheet if possible under his belt to help with his confidence.

I'm all for making small changes, you just have to hope that the players coming in are up for it and we haven't changed the side too much. Don't want a repeat of Coventry last season, this is a tournament that in recent years we have had a great record in and its one we could win.

Ince could hardly play the first team after moaning about those international games.

A decent enough team to win. I wouldn't read much into Vogel not being there. Benni is another matter, would have been a chance to kick start his season.

Benni and Vogel are injured, thus not playing.

I think Brown is playing because Ince wants to see whether he needs to sign a second choice goal keeper, the same goes for Treacy at left back, very intelligent thinking from Ince.

Archived