BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Right Wing..

Veevs

Philipl, for all his good posts on Rovers' accounts, it's renowned for putting the most intense positive spin on everything to do with Rovers.

I would not exactly call Philipl intensivly positive.. but sometimes LeChuck your as bad as that JAL fellow for your doom and gloom commentry..

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My attitude is we flogged Bentley for a net £10m ish and it will cost £10m ish to put that sort of quality back into the team.

Yet we managed to get Bentley himself for a fraction of that. :rolleyes: Has Hughes's tenure at Ewood taught you nothing Gunner? :rock:

Yet we managed to get Bentley himself for a fraction of that. :rolleyes: Has Hughes's tenure at Ewood taught you nothing Gunner? :rock:

Hughes himself said he could not keep pulling 'rabbits out of the hat', hence why he left.

There will always be good players or players of great potential available for lower prices. That won't change, Hughes didn't just stumble in at the right time. It will always make life harder and it will mean that every signing will have to be well researched. We'll get the odd one very wrong and we'll need the right people in charge, but it can be done.

LeChuck just in case you didnt no rovers is a plc. the trustees did not give rovers 10 million to spend they gave us their annual 3 million to help us along.. the other 10 mill was made from somewhere else in club while hughes was still here

so dont worry financialy were safe and we do have enough to splash out on 1 player

tho you seem to be the one in dreamland ... thinking back to when we did have only 10 mill to spend

The £10m has substance as I have repeatedly shown.

You see you are every bit as fallible as anybody else.

Well, we'll see when the window closes, won't we? Of course, I don't ever imagine anyone here admitting their mistake when we fail to exceed £10 million in transfer fees in this final week of the window...we'll probably just hear the tired excuse of "we're holding it back for the right time...", like we did with Hughes every summer, even though it was blatantly obvious from every interview he did that he was itching to spend more money.

The source saying we had 10 million to spend before the transfer window openend was Nicko. No reason to doubt it. It would be drawn from the enlarged TV deal.

I think we have somewhere in the region of 15m after we take a couple of deductions (money to buy Villaneuva outright if we decide we want him and money for the Januar window) from the 23m or so that the Bentley money and Hughes compo is added to the 10m kitty.

Of course we don't need to spend it all but we should have that sort of money available. I don't know what the argument is that we don't have that money. Short of the Trustees appropriating it.

I bet come this time next week we will have spent 10m+

We shall see.

pennant on his way to stoke?? what price is that for??

as for pennant or ireland for right wing-i would prefer pennant by a mile..for me pennant is a natural right winger and would offer us that pace we need..however ireland would make a good central midfielder..

No wonder Incey looked gutted on SSN.

If they are stupid enough to spend £6m on him then fair play.

It speaks volumes that the rest of the league have ignored him and your so desperate to get rid of him. I'd rather stick with Emerton or Reid on the right, than have him, and they aren't the best.

If they are stupid enough to spend £6m on him then fair play.

It speaks volumes that the rest of the league have ignored him and your so desperate to get rid of him. I'd rather stick with Emerton or Reid on the right, than have him, and they aren't the best.

Would he actually go to Stoke?

Pennant said he wasn't interested in leaving Liverpool, but what can he do if Rafa sells him? He obviously isn't a player for the future at Anfield.

Sure, but Stoke are going to struggle this year. I would imagine Pennant would think someone like us or Fulham or something like that will come in for him. We could play Liverpool at their own game vis a vie Riera.

Offer 2 million less but be the more attractive destination.

We are leaving it late as far as players go... we need three really. And moving McCarthy on and getting a replacement in looks more and more neccessary.

Sure, but Stoke are going to struggle this year. I would imagine Pennant would think someone like us or Fulham or something like that will come in for him. We could play Liverpool at their own game vis a vie Riera.

Offer 2 million less but be the more attractive destination.

We are leaving it late as far as players go... we need three really. And moving McCarthy on and getting a replacement in looks more and more neccessary.

I think you are spot on. Pennant seems destined to leave Anfield and it's actually helpful to Blackburn that Stoke is interested. Pennant will then consider his options and certainly he will choose Blackburn ahead of Britannia Stadium and Championship next year.

I think it's starting to look pretty likely that we don't actually have anything like 20m to spend - probably more like the net 9m received for Bentley and the reason Ince is finding it so hard to bring in targets is that he is having to try to fill in all the gaps in the squad for that sort of figure, and offer lowish sums for players other teams aren't willing to accept i.e 3.5m for players like Pennant/Ireland

Funny that, Ian Wright's show doesn't start until 4 oclock.

The Echo are backing this up by reporting the SWP has a choice between Citeh and the Toffees and is talks with both apparently.

I would have liked us to be in with a shout here. I assume we considered it and decided against it for some very good reason.

Archived