BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Right Wing..

Veevs

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pennant is being a pain in the arse, either becasue he genuinely wants to stay or because his agent is pricing him out of a move. Knowing who he is that wouldn't surprise me.

Regardless, he's been told he has no future at the club and will face the prospect of a season in the ressies.

It seems a bit much for him and his wages are quite high, but he is without doubt a talented player. If he were two years younger I'd want us to jump at the deal, as it is, if we can force it down a million or two and if he is willing to take a pay-cut then we'd be getting a very good player. Can't see all that happening though.

Well, IF SWP did sign for Rovers (big bloody 'if' IMO), I would love to see Ian Wrights face after it was confirmed. He would certainly have to change his attitude towards us. :)

Having said that, SWP at Rovers would make this a great window of business by PI

Robinson

Simpson

Grella

Villeneuva

SWP

JSC

Have to laugh at some of these valuations. 3.5 million for Penannt? And the rest.

A player is only worth how much a club is prepared to pay, and with the TM up the wall at the minute, all clubs will have to over pay to get the player they want.

Have to laugh at some of these valuations. 3.5 million for Penannt? And the rest.

A player is only worth how much a club is prepared to pay, and with the TM up the wall at the minute, all clubs will have to over pay to get the player they want.

Why such a hardon for Pennant? It's getting boring.

3.5 million for Penannt? And the rest.

A player is only worth how much a club is prepared to pay

You have hit the nail on the head there. So who is coming in with this offer at over £3.5m?

Clubs have had all summer to come in and get him, yet nobody has. He is worth what interested clubs will pay and you will accept. Rafa wants Riera and needs to sell to buy. We aren't going to pay over the top just to help you out, we obviously value him at less than your willing to accept yet. So he sits on the bench waiting for a game until January or next Summer, a great use of an asset. ;)

I would pay 9 Million for a young player like SWP, he would play for us for a start and would give us that flair and chip in with the goals

So that's Shaun Wright-Phillips who is 27 in a month and who has scored 4 goals in 81 appearances for Chelsea.

If your signing him then it must be for his pace.

I would pay 9 Million for a young player like SWP, he would play for us for a start and would give us that flair and chip in with the goals

Which is why Paul Ince is manager :P

As Modes says, SWP is neither young nor does he score that much.

Go abroad and get a cheaper player with more potential.

Milner played very well last night, then again o'neill was there watching him, TBH I think Milner going to villa was always going to happen, I think b'burn will go for pennant personally, Joaquin is quality and if you guys got him he'd be a wow signing, swp is good but I see him coing back to man citeh

Archived