SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham Versus Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no way Villanueva will start.

Ill bet on it.

On the defensive side he would be invisible and we are playing away against a physical side. Surely Roberts is a better option.

Yep. I imagine if Dunn is injured we could potentially go 4312 with Villaneuva behind the strikers. I wonder how long it would take for the lynch mob to get in action if Dunn can't make it and Ince hands a debut to Andrews?.... :o

Anyhow, if we don't sign a right winger by mid day... pretty unlikely.... I think we could line up like this (If Dunn is injured):

--------------Cruz--------Roberts

------------------Villaneuava

-----Pedersen-----Grella---Emerton

Warnock----Nelsen----Samba----Simpson

-------------------Robinson

I think that would be a pretty good team myself. Idea is that Pedersen and Emerton would be looking to stay relatively narrow (what they do best anyway) and defensive and just give a platform for Carlos to get forward and the fullbacks bomb on to provide the width.

i dont think villaneuva is ready to start a premierleague game yet-i think the only role that would suit him is like the one he played in against grimsby-just behind the one striker-neither roberts or cruz deserved to be dropped-therefore i would just keep villenuva on the bench..

my team would be..

......................robinson.....................

emerton....samba...nelsen....warnock....

reid........grella.......mokoena..pedersen....

.............roberts......cruz.....................

if dunn is fit id have him playing instead of mokoena..emerton to deal with the pace of etherington..

as for result-despite being better then west ham-there a team we never can win-therefore i think we will once again get beat..

Its a great time to play them, Curb's looks so fed-up and frustrated with the whole situation at the moment. Noble is suspended and I would be surprised to see Bellamy start. I do wonder how we'll set up??

Definitely want to see Elvis get some pitch time after Dunny (is he gonna be fit?) starts flagging after 60 minute's or so. but as others have said could he play in a 4 I'll wait and see. but on the same point if he can, what could he do with another final third target to hit?

[/quote

Whos Elvis ?

I can foresee nothing but a West Ham win.

We rarely come away from there with points.

Curbs is under pressure, & he needs the blue & white cavalry to roll in, roll over & surrender...... like we always do at Upton park <_<

Rev, Here is the history head to head and everything based from the Boleyn Ground, Upton park.

92/93 - WHAM in Div 1

93/94 - Rovers bt WHAM 2-1 (April 27th)

94/95 - WHAM bt Rovers 2-0 (April 30th)

95/96 - WHAM draw w/ Rovers 1-1 (Oct 21st)

96/97 - WHAM bt Rovers 2-1 (Oct 26th)

97/98 - WHAM bt Rovers 2-1 (April 18th)

98/99 - WHAM bt Rovers 2-0 (Feb 27th)

99/00 - Rovers in Div 1

00/01 - Rovers in Div 1

01/02 - WHAM bt Rovers 2-0 (Feb 2nd)

02/03 - WHAM bt Rovers 2-1 (Feb 29th)

03/04 - WHAM in Div 1

04/05 - WHAM in Div 1

05/06 - WHAM bt Rovers 3-1 (Aug 13th)

06/07 - WHAM bt Rovers 2-1 (Oct 29th)

07/08 - WHAM bt Rovers 2-1 (March 15th)

So out of 11 meetings, we have drawn once and won, once... A true graveyard, as you put it. :(

EDIT: We also lost 4-2 in a FA cup round there too (28/1/06)

April 27th 1994 was the last time at the Boleyn Ground, Upton park

In the 93/94 game I backed Berg to score first at 40/1...and he scored the second ... $%^*.

There was a game we won at Upton Park on November 9th 1991 against Charlton Athletic. A brilliant goal from Scott Sellars and a second from Speedie.

Your quite the punter aren't you PH? You putting money on this one?

No a bit unpredictable this one.

Would like to think a 2-1 win to Rovers, but given our record not too hopeful. Lawro's got us for a draw, the best we can hope for from him I suppose. Fancy Wigan to win at Hull and Derby at Barnsley.

The more I hear about our board the more I fear we are completely screwed. Our owner is the poorest Billionaire. Ever.

So much going on behind the scenes but then again you probably don't care too much! :D

Can see it now, we play rubbish- lose to the returning 'Judas' (I don't care about Ince to be honest- he made a naive mistake as a young man imo)- Curbishley sacked Monday...

Bellamy might get a run out at some point which will be nice. If Neill plays left back you should and will attack his lack of pace all day long. McCartney played in the cup for us mid-week and looked a long way off from full fitness.

Anyway, enjoy and I will post my view of the match afterwards.

WHU

Archived