BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2009

I think even then - it doesnt always happen. Iv had a few big stars retire and never re-appear as a re-gen in my youth.

Not every time but if you load up you reserves with golden oldies you hit pay dirt quite a bit

Its amazing how many players Man City wreck with thier money in the new game. Robinho went on a free and only wanted 25k a week, whilst Jo just retired aged 25 in my game as they have wrecked him.

Shows again how acurate the game can be. :lol:

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started a new file the other day as Rovers managed to bring in and shift out the following\;

IN

Gignac 5 million - best striker i've had on the game for money spent at 4.8 mill a snip scores goals anywhere.

Walter - brazillian who turns out amazing, striker but can play just off the shoulder, 2.5 mill.

Wijnaldum - black zidane no joke, can play anywhere in midifeld. 2.6 mill

Adu - 1.9mill for a player who not only improves but gets good stats.

N'Koulou - Cb from Monaco only 18 but cost me 4mill turns out to be a beast.

Oubina - Spanish dm and at 2.4 mill i couldn't say no, hes superb once had him and sold him to R.Madrid hes that good.

Lewandowski - Polish striker signed for a mill, will loan him out for some experience but become a top striker.

Santon - 1.4 mill 10% of next sale and a bargain for such a quality young rb.

Iacob - 220k from S bucharest...one for the future his stats on my training rocket. will replace oubina in a couple of years.

Romaina winger - 19 cant remember his name same team as Iacob and for 300 k will be a future asset with good training.

Reguesian - Norweigan CB signed for a million goes awesome on good training, hes a better version of Nelsen, starts at tromso.

Fatic - on loan from Inter - goes into the best defender on the game in two an half years. loan fee 300k f fee 2mill.

Wagner - 2mill from Cruzeiro, what a bargain probs the best attacking stats ever.

Skjelbred - 1mill a bargain for a player who will be brilliant in a years time and will rocket in value.

Sapara - Underrated as a playmaker, hes my new Tugay and for 900k can't go wrong from Rosenborg too.

Miranda - Brazillian CB who is just immense, 3mill.

OUT

Dunn - Fulham 5mill

Andrews - Fulham loan 250 loan fee

Van Heerden - loan to some french team 0k in loan fee but save his wages

Roberts - Wigan 2.9mill

Rigters - Wolves 3mill

Emerton - Sunderland 4.6mill

Khizanishvilli - Bolton 3.2mill

Jacobsen - OB loan fee 300k

My Team:

Robinson

Salgado Samba Givet Chimbonda

Oubina

Reid Gamst

Diouf Wagner

Gignac

Subs- Nelsen, N'Koulou, Grella, Adu, Sapara, McCarthy, Kalnic

Started a new file the other day as Rovers managed to bring in and shift out the following\;

IN

Gignac 5 million - best striker i've had on the game for money spent at 4.8 mill a snip scores goals anywhere.

Walter - brazillian who turns out amazing, striker but can play just off the shoulder, 2.5 mill.

Wijnaldum - black zidane no joke, can play anywhere in midifeld. 2.6 mill

Adu - 1.9mill for a player who not only improves but gets good stats.

N'Koulou - Cb from Monaco only 18 but cost me 4mill turns out to be a beast.

Oubina - Spanish dm and at 2.4 mill i couldn't say no, hes superb once had him and sold him to R.Madrid hes that good.

Lewandowski - Polish striker signed for a mill, will loan him out for some experience but become a top striker.

Santon - 1.4 mill 10% of next sale and a bargain for such a quality young rb.

Iacob - 220k from S bucharest...one for the future his stats on my training rocket. will replace oubina in a couple of years.

Romaina winger - 19 cant remember his name same team as Iacob and for 300 k will be a future asset with good training.

Reguesian - Norweigan CB signed for a million goes awesome on good training, hes a better version of Nelsen, starts at tromso.

Fatic - on loan from Inter - goes into the best defender on the game in two an half years. loan fee 300k f fee 2mill.

Wagner - 2mill from Cruzeiro, what a bargain probs the best attacking stats ever.

Skjelbred - 1mill a bargain for a player who will be brilliant in a years time and will rocket in value.

Sapara - Underrated as a playmaker, hes my new Tugay and for 900k can't go wrong from Rosenborg too.

Miranda - Brazillian CB who is just immense, 3mill.

OUT

Dunn - Fulham 5mill

Andrews - Fulham loan 250 loan fee

Van Heerden - loan to some french team 0k in loan fee but save his wages

Roberts - Wigan 2.9mill

Rigters - Wolves 3mill

Emerton - Sunderland 4.6mill

Khizanishvilli - Bolton 3.2mill

Jacobsen - OB loan fee 300k

My Team:

Robinson

Salgado Samba Givet Chimbonda

Oubina

Reid Gamst

Diouf Wagner

Gignac

Subs- Nelsen, N'Koulou, Grella, Adu, Sapara, McCarthy, Kalnic

Gignac has been very good everytime i've bought him, looking to buy him in Jan on my current save. Lewandowski for me usually has a mixed first season but he is young and gets better each year. Regnuissen i assume you are talking about is also great on the game, another norwegian defender i recommend is Arnar Forsund has some very good stats in the right attributes for a defender and he is young so he will develop. "Romaina winger" i assume thats either Torje or Ochirosii? Ochirosii i buy everytime he becomes a fantastic player, buy him for around 300k and sell him for a mega profit in the future.

Who is your backup keepers Dunnfc? First season i always sell Brown (Liverpool and Chelsea usually buy him) and bring in either Lung jr, Lobont or Enyeama. Long term though i'd look at Adler or Neur the german keepers, personally i prefer Adler.

Almost completed one whole season on the new update. Came across this very funny thing, it says something like "Andy Parry has been strucked down by Swine Flu, do you want to send him home or leave to physio?" Then further down, it says "Prepare the Morgue!"

Haha, sorry about not posting the screenshots, not sure on how to do that but it's really funny!

Did he die? You should of left him to see if your team all died off - you never know you might of got some big compo for some players.....

haha, nope, it's just like the normal flu. he recovered in about a week time. Pity, it was an exciting week for me though, was waiting anxiously for every news update hoping to see something "spectacular"!

Gignac has been very good everytime i've bought him, looking to buy him in Jan on my current save. Lewandowski for me usually has a mixed first season but he is young and gets better each year. Regnuissen i assume you are talking about is also great on the game, another norwegian defender i recommend is Arnar Forsund has some very good stats in the right attributes for a defender and he is young so he will develop. "Romaina winger" i assume thats either Torje or Ochirosii? Ochirosii i buy everytime he becomes a fantastic player, buy him for around 300k and sell him for a mega profit in the future.

Who is your backup keepers Dunnfc? First season i always sell Brown (Liverpool and Chelsea usually buy him) and bring in either Lung jr, Lobont or Enyeama. Long term though i'd look at Adler or Neur the german keepers, personally i prefer Adler.

Yup Ochirosii that's the lad, im joe kinnear with names.

Robbo is number one till i get some funds at the end of the year and i normally get Asenjo the spanish one. Lobont always goes to Arsenal. Still got Brown but hes moving for 2mill in january but Bunn will be back then soil keep him and Robbo till summer. The scouts are all over for 18 yr old goalies i can buy and then train/bring through.

Noone in my squad will be older than 28 come summer.

A tip Wilshere and Barazite in January 2mill + 10% of profit each is a bargain both coming in january.

I'l have young wise 21 under:

Martin Olsson,

Jack Wilshere,

Nacer Barazite,

Robert Lewadowski,

Ochirorosii guy,

Walter,

Georginho Wijnaldum,

Freddy Adu,

Tore Reguissien,

Alexandre Iacob,

Nicolas N'Koulou,

Ivan Fatic,

Davide Santon,

Luca Tremolada,

David Hoilett,

Nikola Kalnic,

Michael Potts,

Alan Judge,

Aaron Doran,

Phil Jones,

Steven N'Zonzi,

Johnny Flynn,

Gavin Gunning,

Michael Hall,

I signed a Belgian striker called Kevin Vandenburgh who has been brilliant for me despite his attributes not being the greatest.

He's 1 goal away from bagging his 30th goal of the season in my 1st season. 32 games played, 29 goals.

As soon as the ball gets to him in the box, he's lethal. Reminds me of a young Gary Lineker.

• 2 months later...

Playing as Rushden adn Diamonds in Blue Square Premier made playoffs in 1st season

2nd season won the Legaue

First season in Divison 2 came 2nd and got promted

First season in Division 1 came 6th and made Playoffs

Hoping for promotion next season

Currently playing this formation

Striker Striker

Att Lef Att Rig

Playing as Rushden adn Diamonds in Blue Square Premier made playoffs in 1st season

2nd season won the Legaue

First season in Divison 2 came 2nd and got promted

First season in Division 1 came 6th and made Playoffs

Hoping for promotion next season

Currently playing this formation

Striker Striker

Att Lef Att Rig

CM CM

WBL CB CB WBR

Gignac has been very good everytime i've bought him, looking to buy him in Jan on my current save. Lewandowski for me usually has a mixed first season but he is young and gets better each year. Regnuissen i assume you are talking about is also great on the game, another norwegian defender i recommend is <b>Arnar Forsund</b> has some very good stats in the right attributes for a defender and he is young so he will develop. "Romaina winger" i assume thats either Torje or Ochirosii? Ochirosii i buy everytime he becomes a fantastic player, buy him for around 300k and sell him for a mega profit in the future.

With Keepers I've found Ochoa to be a great signing, if you wait till Jan he can be picked up for around 1.5M and he's worth every penny.

• 3 weeks later...

If in your first couple of seasons try and get Laurito (st) from Udinese. Hes co owned by them and Juventus. However in the first season when hes 18 they accepted 800k each to buy him for Rovers and only asks for 8,000 pw wages. Hes usually turned down a work permit but gets given one on an appeal perhaps on the 2nd attempt at signing him. Just signed him in Jan of first season for Rovers. Paid £17m for him in the 4th season of my Man City Game.

Also managed to resign Matt Derbyshire for £1.5m. Hes valued at £8m on my man city game and has excellent goalscoring stats.

On my FM game rovers make a profit of about 600k every month. Wish real life was like this.

• 1 year later...

Archived