BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2009

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You sure Hughesy? I just assigned mine to scout the Olympics.

I just started with Blackburn. I pretty much got rid of all the backroom staff and put in my own and sorted my training programme out. I've yet to play any games but I've won 3 friendlies out of 3 but against poor opposition. I've sold Roberts and loaned out Vogel (with option to buy) & Fowler and bought in Alexis Sanchez and some right midfielder who has a good cross and pace to burn. We'll see tonight how my squad does but so far so good.

Do I have to have Steam open every time I play this game? I've installed the game and no shortcuts or options within the Program File folders exist to launch the game. When I put the CD in the drive and double click 'auto run' the game just won't run. Only way to do it is via Steam...

Also, whenever I run the game, I get a small multicoloured box in the bottom right corner, which covers certain options. It's like when ur on MSN or summin an the computer crashes a little and you get the smudged remnants of that MSN window. It's extremely annoying and seems to happen every single time I start the game.

OK this is actually driving me nuts. Every time I start the game I get this multicoloured box covering the bottom right corner of the FM screen. It's making it god damned impossible to play and is really, really getting on my nerves. Why is it there every bloody time I start the game????

some right midfielder who has a good cross and pace to burn.

Name please? I'm desperate for a right winger but not keen on splashing out £8m on Luciano Galletti.

Thanks.

TCJ, I've seen the solution for your problem on another site. I'll have a look for you now and then tell you what to do.

Name please? I'm desperate for a right winger but not keen on splashing out £8m on Luciano Galletti.

Thanks.

TCJ, I've seen the solution for your problem on another site. I'll have a look for you now and then tell you what to do.

My right midfielder is Ismael Bangoura. I signed him on loan from Dinamo Kiev for about 800k and with an option to buy for £2.9m. He isn't extremely quick but on the 3D match engine he easily beats his man everytime although I haven't played against great opposition at the moment but he certain has set up quite a few chances for my strikers with some good crosses into the box.

I just spotted a cool feature. Click on any team and in the bottom left corner where you can interact with manager, there is an option to create a loan report to see which players are available for you. This might be handy when clicking big teams like AC Milan etc.

I've literally just clicked it so awaiting to see what happens!

Maybe I found a glitch? Il take another look tonight just incase.

Iv not started my game yet, just had a quick check of all the features. Il start my game either tonight or tomorrow.

You've probably just found another glitch that occurs when you acquire it the way you did...

There's a guy who works for SI games on ukff.com , its a wrestling forum, but if you go on the off-topic bit and post in the FM thread, he always comes up with a solution for you normally within an hour or two, it seems to be quicker than waiting for a reply on the SI forum, his username is DJ Stevie or something along those lines. He did a lot of the programming for the game and the all the previous ones, he's always been handy to know via an internet forum for bugs/getting patches/info first on FM, so i thought i'd pass this onto you guys. Anyway if your having some problems, i'd advise you contact this guy on that forum.

No Le Chuck it was just me. All my scouts had other tasks, so it wont allow you to add a competition task aswell. In the old game you could add several tasks and they would just que (although the que system never actually worked).

Anyway I started last night. Only played 4 or 5 pre-season games so far, still building and selling.

So far.

Sold: Brown (City) £1.5m, Ooijer (Fulham) £1.5m, Reid (Sunderland) £5.25m, Mokoena (W Brom) £3.5m, Fowler (Leeds) Loan, Vogel (Basel), Loan - £625k upfront, with a further £1.8m if they want him perm, Nolan (Birmingham) £1m + add-ons, Derbyshire (W Brom) £5m.

In: Ebanks Blake - £3m, Kightly £4m, Alexandre Song (Arsenal) Loan, Aquivaldo Mosquera (Seville) £4m.

Currently got £10.5m left to spend.

Im currently trying to get Agbonlawhore & Martins but not having much look. Villa want McCarthy, Everton want Emerton & Man City also want RSC. They asked me how much I wanted, so I said £20m, which they offered, but iv turned it down.

After all the problems i have read about the game, is it honestly worth me popping out this afternoon and buying? I liked last years game but i traded it in a few weeks back so if i am to get FM it has to be the most recent. I have read so many bad things and seen so many people asking on another forum for solutions to bugs/errors/installation problems etc, so is it worth buying and how long can i expect to be waiting for installation? I've heard of people waiting around 9-11 hours for this thing to install.

Wow...I've raised a lot more money than it seems others can.

Sold Brown for 3 million, Nelsen for 7.5, Emerton for 6.8, Derbyshire for 6, McCarthy for 7, Ooijer for 3, Reid for 6.5, Dunn for 7.25, Vogel for 325k with a future fee of 2.1 million and Mokoena for 3.5. A lot of those are over 12-24 months, but you still get the money. It's a risk and I'm sure to have a mediocre first season, but it allows me to build a squad for several seasons.

To be honest Eddie I could have probably got alot more but they are the figures I offered players out for and they got snapped up so I just took it. Wanted quick sales so I could start my rebuilding.

Iv got my backroom team in place, except for the Assistant Mgr which is still Mathias at the moment until I find a suitable replacement. I have however had several players reject coming to me - Keita, Cassano, Beckham - is anyone else having alot of players rejecting a move?

I think in a real world players like Beckham etc would probably reject us anyway. I had a few rejections but nothing which made me doubt the realism of the game. I guess i'm still trying to get my head around whether to go for the permanent transfer or take a loan with view to a perm deal. That seems to be what everyone is doing in my game at the moment.

Anyone had any successful tactics so far?

I played a few league games last night. I won my opener against WBA 3-2 away. I then lost 1-0 to Chelsea away and then lost 3-2 to Villa at home with a last min goal. I then drew 2-2 with Man Utd at home and in the middle of all that I beat Aldershot in the Carling Cup. So a mixed start so far.

I think I may re-start my game tonight, iv been having a think at work today and I should of started it better. Going to focus alot more on my youth team, set-up and the scouting I think.

If anyone can identify me a good striker for around £7m with bags of pace and that will score plenty then feel free. Or an attacking midfielder?

Archived