den

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

A bit of an update, from a blades fan posted today RoversMad

"Hi, Sheff Utd fan in peace,

Just thought i'd drop a note about how good Mark Bunn played last night.

He's had a rocky start to his Blades career but last night, he produced one of the best goalkeeping dispalys seen at Bramall Lane for many a year.

He has all the attributes to be a top class keeper but must show more consistency

If he can improve on weakness (Mainly shots from range), he could turn out to be a great keeper for you in the future

Good luck for the rest of the season

:D The weakness in brackets sounds familiar.

A bit of an update, from a blades fan posted today RoversMad

"Hi, Sheff Utd fan in peace,

Just thought i'd drop a note about how good Mark Bunn played last night.

He's had a rocky start to his Blades career but last night, he produced one of the best goalkeeping dispalys seen at Bramall Lane for many a year.

He has all the attributes to be a top class keeper but must show more consistency

If he can improve on weakness (Mainly shots from range), he could turn out to be a great keeper for you in the future

Good luck for the rest of the season

:D The weakness in brackets sounds familiar.

I reckon the weakness in question is much more likely down to the balls used these days than an actual weakness of the goalkeeper. I've seen many 'quality' goalkeepers beaten by shots swerving and moving all over the place. The balls are that light they resemble the old cheap rubber footballs we used to play with as little kids, the ones from a petrol forecourt, ones with skins only slightly thicker than a balloon that, when you kicked them, went a short distance very quickly but tended to wander all over the place.

I reckon the weakness in question is much more likely down to the balls used these days than an actual weakness of the goalkeeper. I've seen many 'quality' goalkeepers beaten by shots swerving and moving all over the place. The balls are that light they resemble the old cheap rubber footballs we used to play with as little kids, the ones from a petrol forecourt, ones with skins only slightly thicker than a balloon that, when you kicked them, went a short distance very quickly but tended to wander all over the place.

Ahhhhh! the memories of the old school tart, whoops I mean yard. ;)

Quite true though, designed to make outfield players look like worldies and keepers like clowns.

Many good times had with those as a kid. Sticking my younger brother in goal and lobbing him from everywhere. Perhaps my memory fails me, but didn't they curl the oppsite way you'd expect? Youd hit it with the outside of your boot and it'd curl like you'd hit it with the inside. Great stuff.

Archived