BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul's Progress

I'm sorry Stu, but I find your judgement equally bizarre. Any manager worth his salt will be able to address the one outstanding weakness in a Premier League side. Even if it means bringing in somebody to provide some depth.

Like MH failed to address the need for an attacking midfielder for over a year?

Usually that older prat (or younger prat like Bentley, Warnock and Samba) turned out to be very very good!

Like Berner and Henchoz?

The point isn't players brought in to start, it is about players brought in to be backups.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pennant to me was like going out on the pull on a Sat night, knowing you've got an easy jump with the fat ugly bird but you still spend your time trying to pull a hottie all the way up till 5 to two. Then when you get blown out, you look around and some other mug is sucking face with her, and you realise what a close shave you've just avoided.

Are you Ian Holloway?

Ince to newcastle

"Newcastle want Blackburn boss Paul Ince to be their new manager. (Daily Mirror)

But Rovers are convinced Ince will not leave Ewood Park. (Daily Express) "

I know the above is crap, but its better than talking about BBE toilets,

would you let ince go and take the compensation and look for a new manager if given chance?

im fairly happy with ince atm, ince has made all his signings,i feel the arsenal game where i think we should start to see a paul ince team? Formation and tactics etc.

I'm willing to wait and see how Ince develops. This season will be less successful than Hughes' efforts, as he is growing into his role. Next season we'll see what he's made of. Unlike most of the muppets on this board, I'd be disappointed if he left for the barcodes, and if he did, that would be a disaster for us. There is no-one better available right now. BFS may keep us from relegation, but the football will be dire, and clubs like Bristol City would fight tooth and nail to keep their managers should we go down the 'up and coming' route. By the time Ince may leave for Newcastle the only candidates that have no strings attatched would be BFS, Curbishley and Paul Jewell. None of those will improve situation.

Blackburn Rovers needs stability to survive, and if we flippantly let Ince leave, the stability will be gone, and it will signal to any future manager that they can walk out whenever we like. I believe Ince will in the end be a good manager, or at least better than BFS or whoever JAL/Gordon/T4E may have mentioned (although I can't remember if the first two have ever mentioned anyone). Like it or not, we need to keep Ince and his team here, unless he turns us into another Derby County this season.

Problem is with some people the jury is not out. they have condemned him without a fair trial

It's only a "problem" if you don't like an alternative viewpoint to your own [not you personally Gumboots].

All this labelling, of people being "anti-Ince", is out of order. Some people think he'll do a good job, some don't. The majority are waiting to see how things go. The people who don't think he'll survive long here, due to their own reading of Ince, are just as much rovers fans and just as entitled to say that.

Those same people could turn the argument around and accuse others of not looking around at what is "actually" happening at the club.

I don't believe they are.

You can't say somebody is a true fan if they condemn the manager before he has been given a chance. That is counter productive. Being a fan is about supporting the team, and the manager is part of the team and part of the club.

A lot of people on here appear to have a hidden agenda, desperately hoping he will fail. They are not good fans in my book.

I agree Bucky. I don't mind others thinking he's not the right manager for us. I mind when they really want to see him fail and are looking for any opportunity to put him down. Like it or not he is currently the rovers manager and I just think he deserves more time to show what he can do before we, fans or board, start to think he should go. I, as I said before, am not 100% convinced by him but I am prepared to see him given a fair go before I start to complain. and if we lose to arsenal at the weekend I'll still be prepared to give him every chance because we often lose to arsenal.

I don't believe they are.

You can't say somebody is a true fan if they condemn the manager before he has been given a chance. That is counter productive. Being a fan is about supporting the team, and the manager is part of the team and part of the club.

A lot of people on here appear to have a hidden agenda, desperately hoping he will fail. They are not good fans in my book.

That's exactly the type of post I'm talking about Bucky. It isn't "condemning" anyone, it's voicing an opinion that they don't think Ince will cut it. They have reasons for saying that. Too many people are too touchy about that.

As for hoping he will fail - I can only say why would they? As most of these people will actually be at Ewood Park and some of them ST holders, why would they want to see rovers lose week in, week out?

I'm willing to wait and see how Ince develops. This season will be less successful than Hughes' efforts, as he is growing into his role. Next season we'll see what he's made of. Unlike most of the muppets on this board, I'd be disappointed if he left for the barcodes, and if he did, that would be a disaster for us. There is no-one better available right now. BFS may keep us from relegation, but the football will be dire, and clubs like Bristol City would fight tooth and nail to keep their managers should we go down the 'up and coming' route. By the time Ince may leave for Newcastle the only candidates that have no strings attatched would be BFS, Curbishley and Paul Jewell. None of those will improve situation.

Blackburn Rovers needs stability to survive, and if we flippantly let Ince leave, the stability will be gone, and it will signal to any future manager that they can walk out whenever we like. I believe Ince will in the end be a good manager, or at least better than BFS or whoever JAL/Gordon/T4E may have mentioned (although I can't remember if the first two have ever mentioned anyone). Like it or not, we need to keep Ince and his team here, unless he turns us into another Derby County this season.

:rover: here here a man with sense :wub::brfc:

That's exactly the type of post I'm talking about Bucky. It isn't "condemning" anyone, it's voicing an opinion that they don't think Ince will cut it. They have reasons for saying that. Too many people are too touchy about that.

As for hoping he will fail - I can only say why would they? As most of these people will actually be at Ewood Park and some of them ST holders, why would they want to see rovers lose week in, week out?

That's the bit I don't understand unless it's like dieting - short term pain for long term gain, in their view

But the "Gang of Four" are constantly condemning Ince and one or two of them clearly do want him to fail. Of course they have a right to voice their opinion but it has been voiced on and on and on ad infinitum.

That's the bit I don't understand unless it's like dieting - short term pain for long term gain, in their view

There will no doubt be some like that Gumboots, but I expect the majority who didn't approve his appointment will still be cheering the Rover week in, week out.

They shouldn't be labelled as anti Ince and wanting rovers to fail though, should they? They are as entitled to their views as anyone.

But the "Gang of Four" are constantly condemning Ince and one or two of them clearly do want him to fail. Of course they have a right to voice their opinion but it has been voiced on and on and on ad infinitum.

They will speak for themselves, but what I think they are doing is criticising his decisions, in particular his signings, or lack of them to date. That's fair enough, isn't it?

There will no doubt be some like that Gumboots, but I expect the majority who didn't approve his appointment will still be cheering the Rover week in, week out.

They shouldn't be labelled as anti Ince and wanting rovers to fail though, should they? They are as entitled to their views as anyone.

They will speak for themselves, but what I think they are doing is criticising his decisions, in particular his signings, or lack of them to date. That's fair enough, isn't it?

I wasn't happy with Ince's appointment and have been somewhat underwhelmed with his transfer dealings so far. I know, and I think you know as well, that certain contributors on here have agenda way beyond that.

everyone is entitled to their opinions , I for one defo don't want to watch Rovers home and away lose every week .

My opinion is still Ince isn't the right man for the job - the Everton game excepted he's proved he isnt the one with his decisions .

Especially his transfer dealings

Archived