BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul's Progress

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's early in the season and panic would be premature but Ince and the team have to sort it out immediately or else changes need to be made, including the manager's job. As a club, we simply cannot risk slipping into the oblivion lurking beneath the Premiership.

The powers that be need to take major responsibility for giving Ince the gig. Making such a small time appointment may well have been easy on the bank balance in the short term but the future prospects could be very bleak.

True but thats historical cos he was arrogant as a player. Was Hughes any different?

Another part of the problem is because he played for Man U.

Another part of the problem is because he is black.

I admit that my feelings towards Ince are not overly favourable due to his United connections. I hated him as a player, just like I did Hughes. He managed to win me over however Ince shows no signs of even matching a fraction of Hughes's accomplishments.

I don't give a fiddlers that he's black. He's presiding over an extremely distressing period in the club's recent history (much of which is not of his making I might add).

I'll give it the Fulham game but we're stuffed if it carry's on like today guys. Poor tactics, poor substitutions, arguing in the ranks, and unless he learns very quickly that you can't play offside and open football in this league (against Arsenal for heaven's sake) we're down by X-mas.

The saving grace might be that Flybe's planes are suddenly woth less than the club ad some re-focussing of the portfolio might make the Walker trust suddenly take an interest and bring someone proper in before it's too late.

For me Ince has one more game. Another defeat against Fulham and he has to go. I could have took losing 0-4 to Arsenal today if there was even an ounce of fight about us, but it was just an embarrassing capitulation. Arsenal didn't even break sweat - and didn't need too.

For me Ince has one more game. Another defeat against Fulham and he has to go. I could have took losing 0-4 to Arsenal today if there was even an ounce of fight about us, but it was just an embarrassing capitulation. Arsenal didn't even break sweat - and didn't need too.

the first half we did ok, if we had taken the chances we created, towards the end of the first half it looked more like we where gonna score than Arsenal.

when we went 2-0 @ ht, we did nothing, there was no sign of us trying to get into the game, we give up, thats the worst thing, a defeat against fulham like the one today and questions have to be asked.

There's some nice football being played! It's the DEFENDING what's the problem! People being scared to get the Ball! What's nigel witerburn getting payed for?

He hasn't even worked with the freakin players yet! If you're going to slag people off get a slight clue what the hell you're on about!

Time for a stop and think. There are too many hysterical, over-the-top and just plain stupid posts on here. Not surprising really - if there was a fans table for moaning and over-expectation we'd be top.

The first half was not bad. Sloppy defending for the goals but overall we competed well enough and actually should have been one up at HT instead of two down. This is a team that made the champions league final not too long ago and made chumps out of some of the biggest teams in Europe. So conceding at half-time was a disaster because unless you are Chelsea or Man U, you do not come back from 2 down against Arsenal.

The second half was shocking. We stood off them and let them fanny about. We had little bite in the middle and little threat on the wings where we had in the first half.

Worrying things for me that need sorting out

1) Robinson rarely throws the ball out and keeps possession. Generally he hoofs it. Don't know if that's him, or Ince but it needs sorting

2) We look mentally and physically tired in the last 5-10 minutes of each half and we concede goals. Under Hughes we were the likely scorers in those periods. It needs sorting

3) The defence looks shaky, but then it did under Hughes. The difference now is that Hughes ALWAYS had a defensive midfielder sitting just in front. It needs sorting

4) We need some creativity. Time to give Carlos his chance I think

The true test will be next week against Fulham - a match we should expect to win.

Is it just me, or does Ince appear clueless in tv interviews? He looks like a rabbit in headlights! He has also already started making excuses too. He complained about his players being away on international duty (every prem club has this problem) before the Hull city game and in todays post match interview on sky he said we were not getting the rub of the green. This is rubbish Incey! We got a last min winner againt Everton, were lucky to get a point against Hull and were rightfully battered today. Admittedly, we didnt deserve to get battered by the Hammers, but he shouldnt be making excuses already! He also mentioned that the bigger teams have bigger squads to cope with international games etc...we would also have better strength in depth if you had managed to sign better players during the window!

The performance today was very concerning. The passing and control was not up to scratch. This adds to the suggestion that training has not been what it used to be. Defensively people have been calling for Samba to be dropped for a while, even with Oojier injured Khizi would be a better replacement. Treacy did more than Pedersen did in half the time, and should start. Villaneuva not getting on and Mccarthy getting a run out is mystifying. Under Hughes you would have expected us to charge out of hte blocks in the second half, but nothing of the sort, and our strategy seemed non-existent. Arsenal barely broke a sweat today. We'll know what we're in for this season by month-end, but it doesn't look promising for us at all

Is it just me, or does Ince appear clueless in tv interviews? He looks like a rabbit in headlights! He has also already started making excuses too. He complained about his players being away on international duty (every prem club has this problem) before the Hull city game and in todays post match interview on sky he said we were not getting the rub of the green. This is rubbish Incey! We got a last min winner againt Everton, were lucky to get a point against Hull and were rightfully battered today. Admittedly, we didnt deserve to get battered by the Hammers, but he shouldnt be making excuses already! He also mentioned that the bigger teams have bigger squads to cope with international games etc...we would also have better strength in depth if you had managed to sign better players during the window!

good point!

We have to get rid of him our we will go down and if we do, the walkers won't spend their money this time either

Archived