BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Are Blackburn The Least Ambitious Club In The Top Flight

chris

1. You are still on about equal ability. I said adequate.

2. We did not need to sell Bentley therefore the whole fee, less Arsenal, should have been availible for his replacement. If only a percentage was made availible that is the trustees being greedy again.

3. It is well known that we had money availible before Bents was sold.

4. We were in the top 7 last season. Teams below us have attracted players. We attracted the England goalkeeper. To say no players would be willing to sign for us is pure bullshit.

5. There was plenty of time and money availible but we tried to do it on the cheap. As per usual. That demonstrates our lack of ambition.

I just hope now that we can find at least a partial solution from within. Maybe Judge or Treacy or maybe even MGP. If so we will have been very lucky.

January could be too little, too late.

Agree with all the points except 5. The Manager and not the club was the problem this summer.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree with all the points except 5. The Manager and not the club was the problem this summer.

You might be right there Philip. I'm prepared to accept that COULD have been the problem. Still leaves us in the brown stuff though.

Just read this from Mark Hughes

"I could have stayed at Blackburn and had a comfortable job without any great expectations."

He obviously wasn't listening to our fans who seem to have very great expectations

Oh well now he's got an owner with the sort of expectations most people would have to take boat loads of LSD to come up with.

Just read this from Mark Hughes

"I could have stayed at Blackburn and had a comfortable job without any great expectations."

He obviously wasn't listening to our fans who seem to have very great expectations

But just as obviously some agree with Mark. ;)

2. We did not need to sell Bentley therefore the whole fee, less Arsenal, should have been availible for his replacement. If only a percentage was made availible that is the trustees being greedy again.

4. We were in the top 7 last season. Teams below us have attracted players. We attracted the England goalkeeper. To say no players would be willing to sign for us is pure bullshit.

5. There was plenty of time and money availible but we tried to do it on the cheap. As per usual. That demonstrates our lack of ambition.

I just hope now that we can find at least a partial solution from within. Maybe Judge or Treacy or maybe even MGP. If so we will have been very lucky.

In reply to your points

1. Define adequate. The manager obviously feels he had adequate replacements so there was no need to waste money just to stand still. They were trying until late on to bring somebody in but it did not come off. Get over it.

2. Everytime we have sold a player the manager has not got the full transfer fee. Did Souness get all the Duff/Dunn money, did Hughes get all the money for Bellamy.....NO. i know these figures are acouple of years out of date but I cannot see them changing a gret deal

http://www.footballeconomy.com/stats2/eng_blackburn.htm

3. It was rumoured we had funds. The only money that was actually declared was the trustees money.

4. we attracted a player considered damaged goods who had been replaced at his present goods. I did not see many clubs rushing to buy him. I did not say that no players want to sign for us, what i meant was that it is more difficult for us to sign players of good calibre compared to other clubs who have better location, European football and are prepared to offer silly wages.

5. You are entitled to your own views on the club's ambitions but I feel the club generally is moving in the right direction in very difficult times. If you feel the club lacks ambition feel free to support a team that just oozes ambition such as you crave......... Newcastle!

the above points 2-5 are absolutely correct and I couldnt agree more on those

To me the answer is no. I agreed money play a very important factor in today football but still it does not mean money is everything. We had a good youth system. And some good young player. We tried to keep our best player like cruz. Of course we can argue the fact that we did not keep player like bentley but do not forget we tired our very best to try to make him stay, An improved contract is placed to him since last year. If you ask me, are we spending the least money, the answer is yes, but the least ambitious. Is a big no no for me.

In reply to your points

1. Define adequate. The manager obviously feels he had adequate replacements so there was no need to waste money just to stand still. They were trying until late on to bring somebody in but it did not come off. Get over it.

2. Everytime we have sold a player the manager has not got the full transfer fee. Did Souness get all the Duff/Dunn money, did Hughes get all the money for Bellamy.....NO. i know these figures are acouple of years out of date but I cannot see them changing a gret deal

http://www.footballeconomy.com/stats2/eng_blackburn.htm

3. It was rumoured we had funds. The only money that was actually declared was the trustees money.

4. we attracted a player considered damaged goods who had been replaced at his present goods. I did not see many clubs rushing to buy him. I did not say that no players want to sign for us, what i meant was that it is more difficult for us to sign players of good calibre compared to other clubs who have better location, European football and are prepared to offer silly wages.

5. You are entitled to your own views on the club's ambitions but I feel the club generally is moving in the right direction in very difficult times. If you feel the club lacks ambition feel free to support a team that just oozes ambition such as you crave......... Newcastle!

1/ a: Are you running out of arguments? Adequate means adequate. If you are struggling try a dictionary.

b: Make your mind up. Did Ince think he had adequate (see you do know what it means) replacements or was he trying to sign someone?

2/ Well! well ! We were suffering from lack of ambition back there too were we?

3/ The compensation for Hughes and the Bentley money were just rumours then were they?

4/ It's not impossible to sign good quality players given the will to try and to pay decent but not over the top wages.

5/ Yes I am and if you read the board you will find that many posters agree with my views. I support Rovers not Newcastle and have done for 60 years

and if I feel that something has been handled badly I have the right to say so. If you are satistfied with mediocrity feel free to support a team that oozes

mediocrity like Burnley.

1/ a: Are you running out of arguments? Adequate means adequate. If you are struggling try a dictionary.

b: Make your mind up. Did Ince think he had adequate (see you do know what it means) replacements or was he trying to sign someone?

2/ Well! well ! We were suffering from lack of ambition back there too were we?

3/ The compensation for Hughes and the Bentley money were just rumours then were they?

4/ It's not impossible to sign good quality players given the will to try and to pay decent but not over the top wages.

5/ Yes I am and if you read the board you will find that many posters agree with my views. I support Rovers not Newcastle and have done for 60 years

and if I feel that something has been handled badly I have the right to say so. If you are satistfied with mediocrity feel free to support a team that oozes

mediocrity like Burnley.

To be fair we haven't achieved mediocrity and three games into the season EVERYONE'S dropped points.

I would rather we were run like a proper business than go crazy trying to break into the top 4 through massive borrowing and ending up like Leeds Utd. If we need to use some transfer money to help balance the books I'm all for it.

To be fair we haven't achieved mediocrity and three games into the season EVERYONE'S dropped points.

I would rather we were run like a proper business than go crazy trying to break into the top 4 through massive borrowing and ending up like Leeds Utd. If we need to use some transfer money to help balance the books I'm all for it.

I'd say a draw at home to Hull is pretty mediocre. Look I know that we can't compete with the big boys financially. All I ever wanted was a winger who can put in decent crosses for Santa Cruz. A right footed Wilcox standard player would be fine.

6) I believe the reality of this summer's transfer activity has had far more to do with the new management team's lack of experience and current knowledge of footballers at the top end of the Premier League than lack of ambition on the part of the club. I have heard it said more than once that the ultimate irony was the Chairman was more ambitious in his transfer wishes than the manager was this summer.

Good to hear about the trustees commitment but its obvious that they hired an inexperienced manager but JW had more ambitious transfer wishes than the manager, with this was the Beckham rumour one of those said wishes.

Source said Ince turned Beckham down when the club was offered him on loan for around £5m plus, now we find that we have no right sided midfielder how can the fans remain positive when Ince is bringing in Robbie Fowler - embarrassing.

I'd say a draw at home to Hull is pretty mediocre. Look I know that we can't compete with the big boys financially. All I ever wanted was a winger who can put in decent crosses for Santa Cruz. A right footed Wilcox standard player would be fine.

It wasn't as mediocre as last seasons draw at home to Fulham. Or the non event that was Sunderland at home on that bitterly cold January night. Hull were always going to be slippery customers (having a 7 year old referee didn't help) and I appreciate your frustrations but lets see what unfolds until say the end of October and we will all have a much better idea where we really are?

Good to hear about the trustees commitment but its obvious that they hired an inexperienced manager but JW had more ambitious transfer wishes than the manager, with this was the Beckham rumour one of those said wishes.

Source said Ince turned Beckham down when the club was offered him on loan for around £5m plus, now we find that we have no right sided midfielder how can the fans remain positive when Ince is bringing in Robbie Fowler - embarrassing.

"Source" said eh? Nothing from the Club, nothing from the man with inside track on Rovers, nothing in the local press. In short utter nonsence. Good enough for you though to use use as yet another stick to beat Ince with.

I would say you are getting boring but there is no "getting" about it.

i just thought i remembered a daydream where i heard JW wanted ronaldinho but ince said no. Really gotta ask yourself how stupid presenting made up garbage makes you look. Especially when said made up never in a million years true garbage is then used as fact to belittle the manager-embarrassing!

i just thought i remembered a daydream where i heard JW wanted ronaldinho but ince said no. Really gotta ask yourself how stupid presenting made up garbage makes you look. Especially when said made up never in a million years true garbage is then used as fact to belittle the manager-embarrassing!

A source of mine tells me we have a secret lab where we are currently splicing and combining the DNA of Pele, Maradonna and Hristo Stoichkov. Honest guvnor!!! The resulting creation will be christened Peradonsto Lennakov.

No, but we'd have a better player.

On topic for a second, my answer would be 'No'. Ok, so we can't spend £m's on average-to-good players season on season and then do it all again the next transfer window if it doesn't work out, but it hasn't stopped us doing well so far. The key is in making sure what money available to used wisely, which Hughes managed to do quite well. I'm sure that once January rolls around, Ince and co. will have identified the areas that need strengthening and buy appropriately - hopefully starting a little earlier than the last evening of the deadline.

Would rather be a well run club that struggles to compete now and again than have a farcical set up like some of the clubs in the PL do. We have a lot to be proud of at Ewood, couldn't say the same for the likes of Newcastle and West Ham fans, who are having to watch their clubs implode just 3 games into the season. They may have better pies, though.

A source of mine tells me we have a secret lab where we are currently splicing and combining the DNA of Pele, Maradonna and Hristo Stoichkov. Honest guvnor!!! The resulting creation will be christened Peradonsto Lennakov.

Good news. I take it Peradonsto will come with a release clause though?

No, but we'd have a better player.

On topic for a second, my answer would be 'No'. Ok, so we can't spend £m's on average-to-good players season on season and then do it all again the next transfer window if it doesn't work out, but it hasn't stopped us doing well so far. The key is in making sure what money available to used wisely, which Hughes managed to do quite well. I'm sure that once January rolls around, Ince and co. will have identified the areas that need strengthening and buy appropriately - hopefully starting a little earlier than the last evening of the deadline.

Would rather be a well run club that struggles to compete now and again than have a farcical set up like some of the clubs in the PL do. We have a lot to be proud of at Ewood, couldn't say the same for the likes of Newcastle and West Ham fans, who are having to watch their clubs implode just 3 games into the season. They may have better pies, though.

You can't say something sensible like that. It is mediocre and severly lack ambition. Lets go and spend £50million on an adequate player, not brilliant just adequate. Thats shows ambition!

If it was made up then yes its utter rubbish, its just who mentioned it I found startling and with what Philipl says about the chairmens wishes just trying to find out if there ever was any truth in it. Obviously theres been no comment as it probably never got further than one passing sentance from the chairman to the manager in what was a frantic couple of months.

You can't say something sensible like that. It is mediocre and severly lack ambition. Lets go and spend £50million on an adequate player, not brilliant just adequate. Thats shows ambition!

At least when Bob Fleming says something stupid it is meant to be funny and usually it is!

Archived