BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will We Ever Finnish In The Top 6 Again?

Twenty years ago, the question would have been whether we would ever see top flight football again.

Twenty eight years ago, whether we would ever see Division Two football again...

I am not expecting a top six finish but IF Dunn or Villanueva can provide the creative spark, the midfield backbone is undoubtedly stronger than the one that came 7th last season. I might be proved wrong but I am not that concerned about the Friedel/Robinson swap- I don't think it will weaken us.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

off course we will, I think this season we can.

just because we may never be able to have a team full of world class players means nothing. Money will get short term success, but if the attitude is “something is wrong, we will just throw money at“ then it will fail. When we started just to throw money at it we failed.

look at us, we have always done well when we play around one superstar with a team full of hard working players.

I think ince's signed players who have something to prove, therefore will work hard to succeed.

All ince needs to do now is to read sun tsu art of war :-)

atre et labore > £££ or $$$

of course/probably/no reason no to..................what a pointlessly negative thread. Anyone actually see a gulf between us and the likes of spuds, everton, villa and chitty with their current team or even portsmouth, because if everyone fielded their strongest line up i'd say its all very even.

why not just ask "will we be top 6 ", throwing "ever" in seems to be taking an overly negative outlook

Given the absolute garbage you post, top 6 has to be a possibility.

Heck we came 7th last season and I am not seeing any sign of the immediate opposition playing a whole lot better thus far.

Dream on old boy enjoy the sunshine, whilst we endure the rain, constant rain, you've got to see the WHOLE PICTURE not the one eyed blue and white tinted one, enjoy your possitivity though but come on philipl, reality check please.

Rovers did not sign one quality addition during the window and do not have the slightest possibility of acheiving a top six spot.

True jim mk2, we must look better on Tv than we do watching us live judging by philipl's comments.

God 'elp us - it looks like we are 'supported' by fans that actually want us to fail....... I wonder what you all do for a living?

As for M'boro Sunderland & Newcastle finishing above us - get a grip

I felt Keegan might get Newcastle playing and they may finish above us, but Sunderland. HO HO HO.

We can finish 6th, but we'lll need a good run without injuries.

Last season we finished 7th. Friedel was worth 12 points. Bentley was worth 20 goals. Both have left.

Robinson is yet show the form we know he's capable of. Bentley hasn't been replaced.

Considering that we will struggle to get 6th, but it's possible.

We are not as bad as some think.

Last season we finished 7th. Friedel was worth 12 points. Bentley was worth 20 goals. Both have left.

Robinson is yet show the form we know he's capable of. Bentley hasn't been replaced.

We are not as bad as some think.

Pretty accurate statement Martin, you could revise Rovers chances this season based on the above but hopefully Robinson will possibly contribute to half of what Friedel was worth and the rest of the team could cover for at least 40% of Bentleys contribution to the team then that would be a more accurate guideline to Rovers chances.

Archived