BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Free Transfers

Here's one for people to ponder.

He's old, he's fat, he's a lazy sod

Ronaldo.

still scored 9 in 16 for milan last year. I do see a lot of benefits in signing him ie. non footballing ones. No Idea what sort of dollar he would want but you know he would score some goals and raise our profile in world football.

I dont think we could afford his wages. I suspect that lad has a nice little pay day in the US coming up.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont think we could afford his wages. I suspect that lad has a nice little pay day in the US coming up.

I had wondered if the commercial side that comes with a player of his status would have off-set his wages, but in the same breath what would our current players think. I suspect they would not be that happy. Could he adapt to the pace of the premiership? Shevchenko failed to do so, but formations and politics may have been a strong factor in his failing. If he signs for City then we'll find out.

Who on earth would seriously want to play in the states over the premier league???? ;) You'd have to have Rocks in your head!

RIO DE JANEIRO, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Brazilian striker Ronaldo said on Wednesday he had recovered from his knee injury and was ready for the painful battle to regain his fitness.

Currently without a club, Ronaldo ruptured a tendon in his left knee during a Serie A game for AC Milan against Livorno in February, and was expected to be out for at least nine months.

"In clinical terms, my knee has recovered. Now I need to get back to having the physical condition of an athlete," the 31-year-old told reporters as he began a rehabilitation programme at Brazilian club Flamengo.

"This is the part where the player suffers the most, it's effectively pre-season training, with a lot of physical work.

"All I can think about is playing again. If not, I wouldn't go through all this sacrifice and all this pain."

The injury was similar to two injuries to his right knee earlier in his career. On that occasion, Ronaldo bounced back and led Brazil to World Cup victory in 2002.

"I have led an athlete's life for 16 years, I think those headlines which say 'Ronaldo is overweight' are absurd," said Ronaldo, who in May admitted he was eight kilos' overweight.

"It's logical that I'm overweight, does anybody doubt that? I've been injured and I haven't done any exercise for six months."

Ronaldo said that finding a new club was still at the back of his mind.

"I have some contacts and some incredible projects(city) but at the moment, my focus is just on recovering.

"I have to respect the stages I have mapped out in my mind, there's no point in wanting to think about where I'm going to play in the future." :rolleyes:

That would be an epic disaster. The USA lacks quality, certainly, but it does not lack for athleticsm and movement. If Beckham is having fitness problems in the states, Ronaldo wouldn't last 15-20 mins a match, and no team would take himi as theri salary exception for that. I don't see it.

Changed my mind, Recoba can shove off if he wants £3m a year.

That article said 5-6 mil EUROS for a 2 year contract. Not that I know the exchange rate, but that's clearly not 3 mil GBP a year.

Recoba on a free.

Alvaro Recoba In Shock Move? :D

Recoba was not very strong for Torino last year hopefully Grella has told ince that.

I've always like Pie boy as he was called by a previous poster.

Surely Rovers is the logical choice for him the given we have Robbo and Benni already, the trouble is would there be enough Pies in Lancashire for all three of them. :lol:

Appiah and Recoba would be the best bets off that list. I know that we have more central midfielders than we know what to do with, but Appiah is pure class and is a real box to box player, who can pass, score and tackle. I certainly wouldn't complain about him signing for us. Recoba is another player who seems to have the quality to make us a better team. I would be more impressed if we signed him than Fowler.

This is basically just like closing time at the pup/nightclub.

Your wingman's left already and about the only birds left are the ones than fell out of the ugly-three hitting every branch on the way down.

In you drunken stupor you eye someone and go "Yeah, I'd hit that".

In most cases when the morning comes you're willing to gnaw your own arm of to get away.

Or you may get lucky and the one you went how with is actually the girl of you dreams.

Which is the most likely scenario?

:P:lol::P

been on Rock FM this morning that Fowler is expected to sign a contract this weekend .

Why don't they give him a pay as you play like we had with Franny waste of time Jeffers - that way Rovers cant lose .

Another of Inces mates on board it looks like

This is basically just like closing time at the pup/nightclub.

Your wingman's left already and about the only birds left are the ones than fell out of the ugly-three hitting every branch on the way down.

In you drunken stupor you eye someone and go "Yeah, I'd hit that".

In most cases when the morning comes you're willing to gnaw your own arm of to get away.

Or you may get lucky and the one you went how with is actually the girl of you dreams.

Which is the most likely scenario?

:P:lol::P

are you suggesting that Ince is drunk or under the influence of other substances when he decides who to sign? May explain Fowler -_-

Archived