BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] World Cup Qualifiers 2010

philipl

The crowd are getting criticised for booing Cole after that but there are mistakes which can be forgiven and there are other sorts of mistakes and on this occasion the crowd smelt a rat.

Erm, no they didn`t. You did.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry Alan, but that goal looks odd- the moment it went in I thought to myself, who has paid for that? I know a little bit about that country. I am not going to post a link but watch it again.

And frankly, Ashley Cole lands it on a sixpence for the Kazakh, Rio lets him go and David James plays statue making no effort to save it.

This is the most preposterous conspiracy theory I've ever heard - even from yourself ....

Did Sarah Palin have a role in it ? :o

Sorry Alan, but that goal looks odd- the moment it went in I thought to myself, who has paid for that? I know a little bit about that country. I am not going to post a link but watch it again.

And frankly, Ashley Cole lands it on a sixpence for the Kazakh, Rio lets him go and David James plays statue making no effort to save it.

These players are paid phenomenal amounts and they are normally close to impecable. All three of them having a complete muck up at the same time? And you must understand how important it was for the Kazakhs to have scored at Wembley.

The crowd are getting criticised for booing Cole after that but there are mistakes which can be forgiven and there are other sorts of mistakes and on this occasion the crowd smelt a rat.

No wonder you get ridiculed on here every so often. I didn't realise living in Malta puts you that out of touch with professional football.

All three of Cole, Ferdinand and James have big blotches on their past records when it comes to ethical behaviour.

It is perfectly fair game to ask if they got paid to let that goal in.

So who have you asked beyond posting this far fetched folly on here?

So who have you asked beyond posting this far fetched folly on here?

Just flown the kite on here.

That goal stinks.

I don't expect there will be official recriminations and I am sure if there was naughtiness involved it will be swept under the carpet.

Just flown the kite on here.

That goal stinks.

I don't expect there will be official recriminations and I am sure if there was naughtiness involved it will be swept under the carpet.

Almost as bad as Stuart Pearce's backpass against San Marino eh ?

Footballers muck up Philip, even the good ones.

Almost as bad as Stuart Pearce's backpass against San Marino eh ?

Footballers muck up Philip, even the good ones.

Agreed but three mucking up together with one of them arguably signalling "right chaps".

I'll let it go but there are certainly people with the inclination and the money on the Kazakh side who would have been delighted to have facilitated it.

Agreed but three mucking up together with one of them arguably signalling "right chaps".

I'll let it go but there are certainly people with the inclination and the money on the Kazakh side who would have been delighted to have facilitated it.

Don't know about the other 2 but James is an intelligent man ; cannot see him getting involved in anything like that.

Peter Swan and his mates excepted England footballers are straight, probably too honest at times. If they learnt to cheat like Australian cricketers we'd have a few more World Cups in the trophy cabinet.

With regards to the booing, that is one reason I am really turned off by England. The fans are so demanding, arrogant, rude and petty. The England team and their fans show the worst of English (and to an extent British) culture, sport and attitude. I've not seen the incident but it sounds like Cole spazzed up a back pass. S__t happens, get over it you bunch of sexually inadequate tossers. Can any of the boo boys do any better?

I've been saying that for years. It is a shame that Wayne Bridge was never allowed to really develop at Chelsea. His injuries and his lack of games halted his development. He was a far better full back than Cole as he could actually defend. Cole is only good going forward, and he is very good at that. But defending can be hit and miss.

Or the players could just be ######?

Enjoy the 5 candidates for worst miss ever. Yes Scotland provided a candidate today.

For an accountant you're not very good at counting to 5.

That Van Vossen miss will haunt me forever. The Forlan one is worse all things being equal, but Van Vossen wrote himself in to Tim folklore with that one.

Incidently, fully in support of Kris Boyd and his national team boycott. He should be among the first names on the teamsheet for club and country.

How have you come to the conclusion that Darchville is ahead of him? Boyd has started 5 league games this season, Darcheville has started 2.

Is there a chance that you don't know what you're talking about?

In the important European matches last season, Darcheville got the nod.

Why?

Do you think it's because Walter Smith thought he couldn't cut it against Europe's (2nd tier) elite?

Not a glowing reference from a former Scotland manager.

Burley is the new man in charge, he needs his players full commitment, if he isn't getting that he shouldn't pick them. Simple as.

Is that the same former Scotland manager that gave Boyd his International debut? Infact he scored 5 in his first 6 games under Smith for the national side.

Walter knew his TEAM couldn't cut it against Europe's (2nd tier) elite if they went all out. He played an ultra defensive formation at home with a big strong striker up front (Darcheville or Cousin), tried to keep it tight, then looked to do the same and nick a goal in the away leg and hold on. It worked and got Rangers all the way to the final. It didn't work in the final as it was a one off game - like most games that are played. Darcheville was only above Boyd in this scenario.

Last season Boyd started 23 games and Darcheville started 28. 11 of Darcheville's 28 were in Europe. Only 2 of Boyd's were. All things being equal Darcheville is not chosen ahead of Boyd for Rangers.

Kris Boyd is both Rangers and Scotlands best finisher and most effective striker. Had he come on against Norway instead of Iwelumo, Scotland would have won the game. He knows it, all the fas know it, and I'm sure alkie George knows it.

That's not what this is about though is it? The manager selects the team.

If he had not resigned from the team then his case would have looked very strong, the fact he resigned when he didn't get picked highlighted why Burley hadn't picked him in the first place.

It highlights why Burley didn't pick him in the first place? Does it? How exactly?

Burley has consistently overlooked Boyd, and the lad has had enough. He's quite right, picking Iwelumo or O'Connor before him is a joke, and suggests Burley has about as much of a grasp on Boyd's club form as you do.

Archived