BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] World Cup Qualifiers 2010

philipl

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It highlights why Burley didn't pick him in the first place? Does it? How exactly?

Burley has consistently overlooked Boyd, and the lad has had enough. He's quite right, picking Iwelumo or O'Connor before him is a joke, and suggests Burley has about as much of a grasp on Boyd's club form as you do.

Owen is the best goalscorer of his generation, and has not been in bad form for Newcastle, yet Capello overlooks him.

He hasn't been picked (Boyd) due to his attitude problem. Burley works with the players in training and picks the team. I would say he does know about his form for Rangers because he selected him in the squad in the first place.

You don't see Owen announcing his retirement because he has been overlooked.

Comparing Boyd to Owen and Scotland to England is ridiculous. There are players that play in Owen's position that are as good or better than him. There's no Scottish strikers that come close to Boyd, especially with Kenny Miller out.

Is that the same former Scotland manager that gave Boyd his International debut? Infact he scored 5 in his first 6 games under Smith for the national side.

Walter knew his TEAM couldn't cut it against Europe's (2nd tier) elite if they went all out. He played an ultra defensive formation at home with a big strong striker up front (Darcheville or Cousin), tried to keep it tight, then looked to do the same and nick a goal in the away leg and hold on. It worked and got Rangers all the way to the final. It didn't work in the final as it was a one off game - like most games that are played. Darcheville was only above Boyd in this scenario.

Last season Boyd started 23 games and Darcheville started 28. 11 of Darcheville's 28 were in Europe. Only 2 of Boyd's were. All things being equal Darcheville is not chosen ahead of Boyd for Rangers.

Kris Boyd is both Rangers and Scotlands best finisher and most effective striker. Had he come on against Norway instead of Iwelumo, Scotland would have won the game. He knows it, all the fas know it, and I'm sure alkie George knows it.

So how do know if he had have played he would have scored against Norway have you some sort of Pyschic ability and if you have can you pm me the numbers for the next 3 lottery draws please :D

At the end of the day it's the managers choice and if Iluemo (sp) had scored with that chance then Boyd's quitting International football for the time being would'nt have made as much news.

I think Boyd is a good player but Burley did say one of the reasons he's not playing for Scotland is beacause he is not getting games for Rangers and apparently Burley not too impressed with Boyd's training.

I also think the timing was not right, Boyd should of waited maybe a week or so and not quit straight after the game.

Thats not what Burley said in the press conference on Monday, he went on about Walter Smith being a great manager and then pointed out Boyd wasn't getting into the Rangers side, unless he meant he wasn't starting for Rangers and only being used as a sub.

Has Andrews been in the Eire squad before or is this is first call up?

As far as I know, his match in the "B" ? team last week was his first call up=if not actually for the full squad, so I would say this is his first call up.

Sitko has equalised for the Communists. Ireland 1-0 up, Wales 0-0, Holland 1-0 against Norway.

And Boyd is a petulant brat. I can't say whether he has played much this season, as I take no interest in jockball. However, the public 'retirement' and the lack of tact makes Boyd look like a prize turnip.

Went to Malta 0 Hungary 1 and had the misfortune to witness the worst game I've seen live since the mid '80s.

Neither side had a player anywhere near Prem quality. Hungary were there for the beating which is what happened last time they were in Malta. But after a Hungary short corner routine of laughable awfulness- lots of running around put two Hungarians clear short for it so the corner taker passed it to the Maltese player standing on his own at the corner of the penalty area having let the guy he was supposed to be marking run off him... a routine corner to big defender at back post, nod back and Torghell headed home. The Maltese suffer through being short.

After that sheer tedium- I struggle to remember a side that passes as badly as Malta do now. A year ago Malta looked a neat side and Turkey and Croatia were both lucky to escape with draws but now they would get well beaten in the Blue Square League. Very sad.

Anyone know why Ashley Cole is completely dropped?

Anyone know why Ashley Cole is completely dropped?

It doesn`t matter what reason we give, you already have your opinion.

Just out of interest, which England players were trying to throw the match tonight? Belarus put 23 passes together to score. Is the whole team on the take?

Do you ever watch a match without finance on your distorted mind?

Credit to Fabio (and no, I don't mean the 80s Robbie Savage lookalike) - tonight's was a game we'd normally have slipped up with.

Above anything, he's proved one thing - the 'pundits', even the Henry Winters of the world, know nowt. That's the problem with nailing your colours to the mast I guess, it doesn't allow for any future improvement. Would be nice if the same thing could happen to the Ince naysayers.

Let's just hope we keep up the good work - so much for all the Heskey & Rooney criticism; good managers make good (and average) players play good/great/better. Plus, ultimately it's the team that counts and not individuals.

Big credit to Wales & Toshack too - I'll bet deep down (despite what he still continues to bleat on about) Sav is thankful he had his tantrum and did a Kris Boyd. At least it saves the ignominy of not being picked anymore; doubt he'd get in the side these days anyways. Nice crop of U-21s it seems to, plus he seems to be doing a good job with Bellers. Who'd have thought the goblin would have ended up a role model for the youngsters?

:rover: not a fan off the england manager being foriegn,but this guy seems to know what he's doing.all this 4 wins from 4 games is a bit over the top though,since the ussr split there are loads off sattelite teams,and we have 3 in our group!!!!!!!!!!!btw i bought the latest england shirt for £4.49 in blackburn yesterday. :brfc:

Archived