BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players Out On Loan

Hughesy

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Gomes is as good as you say, why is it Spurs are looking at Green, James and the Celtic keeper to replace him. If it was not for Cudicini's accident he would not be in Spurs' goal at the moment.

They are not looking at James and they are looking at Boruc and the Pompey reserve for Cudicini replacements.

Well the whole world know's Bentley is available.

However, make your own mind up on whether he'd want to return here. It would be pretty unprofessional of an employee of a football club to ask another if he'd be interested in a move to Blackburn on the basis that a fan wants to know.

I believe we were spoilt by having a keeper like Friedel and this is tainting people's views of Robbo.

With all due respect, that excuse is wearing thin. Robinson doesn't have many blinders, that's for sure, but he's also making elementary mistakes and you always wonder when he's going to flap next. I'm not saying he's performed horrendously, but I don't think he's the reliable goalkeeper we need. Bunn has been playing well at Sheff Utd, and is on less wages here. I think we should promote him next season and find another goalie to fight it out with him. Robinson's dead weight, imo.

With all due respect, that excuse is wearing thin. Robinson doesn't have many blinders, that's for sure, but he's also making elementary mistakes and you always wonder when he's going to flap next. I'm not saying he's performed horrendously, but I don't think he's the reliable goalkeeper we need. Bunn has been playing well at Sheff Utd, and is on less wages here. I think we should promote him next season and find another goalie to fight it out with him. Robinson's dead weight, imo.

Well that's fair enough. That's how you see it. My comment is more based on the fact that I've only seen Friedel, Robbo and Brown play for us, so I guess it is actually my OWN view that is tainted? :unsure:

Robbo has been decent so far - nothing special and nothing shocking. Yes he has 1 or 2 dodgy moments, but he has also made some very good saves.

Confidence is his problem - once our defence stops parting like the sea then he may gain abit more confidence!

Theoretically a solid view, but remember that there are few trickier things than to replace your goalkeeper (ask Alex Ferguson!). If we sell Robinson and Bunn then doesn't deliver the goods were smoked.

Robbo has been decent so far - nothing special and nothing shocking. Yes he has 1 or 2 dodgy moments, but he has also made some very good saves.

Confidence is his problem - once our defence stops parting like the sea then he may gain abit more confidence!

The defence parts much more easily when Andrews plays as he gets caught ot of position and then no protection for the back four, Bents second goal last week illustrated that, gave the ball away and couldnt get back!!

Very mixed opinion's from the sheff Utd fans on Bunn with many saying he isn't even good enough for the Championship.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F15663700?thread=7182679&show=50

Very mixed opinion's from the sheff Utd fans on Bunn with many saying he isn't even good enough for the Championship.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F15663700?thread=7182679&show=50

More mixed opinions on him...

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2123444446

If people aren't sure whether to go with him or Ian Bennet for a mid-table Championship team, I think we can rule out his being a SHORT-term replacement for Robbo.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived