BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players Out On Loan

Hughesy

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Abbey, your post made me smile. If anyone but me had slagged off Gallagher, your response would've been something like:

GAlly waht a waster!!!!! We need to get rid off these wasters like MR I tthink I'm maradona gallager. We need players who love the rovers and want to die ffor the shirt. GET RID.

(Or do you have personal affiliations with the guy, cos normally you have no sympathy for 'wasters').

All I'm saying is that, from the facts, I can only infer that Gallagher is NOT applying himself 100% and is enjoying his lucrative contract at the expense of ambition. It's an opinion based on what I've read and seen. At Stoke, the fans complained that he did not show enough commitment despite his obvious promise. He's been at the club for how many years? We're still waiting for the 'Scottish Sheringham' to show himself and all those glowing words from the managers to come true.

How is it that Gary Teale (a desperate man's Keith Gillespie) has Scotland caps and Gallagher not one? Do you put that down to bad luck on Gally's part? Injuries? Prejudice?

Or do you put it down to the fact that the man is not putting in the effort to harness his considerable talent?

(He's started well at Plymouth under the ethereal management of Luggy Sturrock. Maybe the no-nonsense management that caused mayhem in the Southampton dressing room and brought mockery upon me, will finally open up the much-talked about talents of Mr Paul Gallagher.)

answered like a bloody mp.

Gallagher has one scottish cap. came on as sub for Colin Cameron against Wales 18 Feb 2004.

Scotland lost 4-0.

Yep, sorry, I was convinced that he had no caps to his name.

The good thing about Gallagher's Argyle revival is that we might be able to get some money for him, should he be sold.

However, it's wrong to suggest that Gallagher hasn't been given chances at Rovers.

I agree with everyone that he has talent but it's his attitude that will make or break him. So far, it's been breaking him.

It isn't his attitude that's stopped him Rover6, it's because he's far too weak and slow for the prem.

His attitude for one and his off the pitch issues must have contributed as well <_<

What to why he have not got rid of him before now. Why did we extend his contract if he was never going to play?

It isn't his attitude that's stopped him Rover6, it's because he's far too weak and slow for the prem.

If that is the case we'd better send Carlos back now then

• 3 weeks later...
how well do you know him to say he isnt determined?

You know what Abbey? I completely agree with you. I've never seen anything about Gally that tells me he isn't determined. To be fair to the lad, he hasn't had a proper chance recently to show what he can do. I know there is a reason he's out on loan but there's also a damn good reason he hasn't left for good. I think that might be because he is actually a fantastic finisher and may well prove to be a good striker when given a run in the Premier League. One of the late developers maybe? I've always liked him.

Interesting debate about Gally's attitude. Certainly when I've seen him his attitude seems to have been fine. In fact when he first broke into the first team squad, I can remember him coming to watch his mates play in the reserves and sitting in the stands with the fans. Not saying that that makes him a dedicated professional, but it certainly doesn't seem like premadonna behaviour.

Think the nail was hit on the head with the comment he isn't strong enough. As he does like to sit a bit off the defence and run the channels, he needs to have a bit more about him defensively which he doesn't seem to have.

Abbey, you don't have some connection with Paul Gallagher, do you? Be honest. You're usually first in the queue to slag of the underperforming player.

no connection at all, maybe im wrong but i love local lads playing for their local team and to be given a fair crack of the whip and to be honest i dont think he has.Rover 6 please do tell me when hes underperformed or not tried his bollux out when hes played.

IMO Gallagher's always had talent, he's a far better passer than people credit him for, and has a good footy head on him. However, I get the impression his problem isn't is how he plays, possibly more how he is off the pitch. Perhaps he's carp in training? Perhaps he's happy to sit out his hefty contract? Perhaps he's prone to sulking? One negative could be he never really looked like making his mark in one position alone, 3 different managers have seen him now and none thought he'd make a spot his own long-term.

Always felt two years ago was the season he would have made or broke his options here. Instead he went back on loan to a club he impressed previously, and didn't impress Pulis, or our friends from Deepdale.

File under 'another Brett Ormerod' perhaps?

On reflection, there's an obvious factor to why these players flatten out. It's their cars. Take erm, Sergio, Gally, Benedict, Pedersen for instance. Trace back when they changed their cars. Look at where their form dipped. It's there for all to see, Scully.

Hypothetical nothing more nothing less. What if we had signed Keane, What if Man U had scored againast west ham. Personally I like to deal with reality and fact.

ok FACT fowler was pants and in reality gally /derbs would have done better in reality.

ok FACT fowler was pants and in reality gally /derbs would have done better in reality.

How can this be a fact? It may be likely to have been the case, but that doesn't make it a fact. At best, you're talking probability - and certainly not based on a 'like for like' sampling. Don't forget them two players have unconvincing performance behind them too - and far more match minutes than RF.

Archived