BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players Out On Loan

Hughesy

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gallagher has been great for Plymouth recently, we should give him a chance on the wing. I keep hearing about him getting good assists and delivering quality crosses on Sky Sports Saturday, we may as well.

Yes but it's championship level. I watched it too. He was good for them but did not do anything to convince me he could do a job in the prem. Bring him back next season when we're playing at his level.

Gally has more to offer then Fowler, Andrews or Carlos and should be brought back to the club.

He would save us a fortune, has the skill and can finish IF he is given a run of games in which to establish himself.

Now for me, playing Gally right side not only eases the pressure on the front me because he can create, link and score and he is the perfect foil for Matty Derbyshire.

A front pairing of RSC and Derbyshire or McCarthy but benefit from Gally being in the team.

Gally has more to offer then Fowler, Andrews or Carlos and should be brought back to the club.

He would save us a fortune, has the skill and can finish IF he is given a run of games in which to establish himself.

Now for me, playing Gally right side not only eases the pressure on the front me because he can create, link and score and he is the perfect foil for Matty Derbyshire.

A front pairing of RSC and Derbyshire or McCarthy but benefit from Gally being in the team.

And when did we ever see him really put in a shift for Rovers. He strikes me as lazy. If the ball comes to him he can do things with it but he does not ever go in with any determination to win the ball and make things happen. He is a player who polarises opinion I guess but I just don't see the attraction. He possibly has more to offer than Fowler but then I probably have too.

Gally needs a run in the team. We have seen him have games then he is straight out of the side.

I think he has the game to improve Rovers current shortfalls, and there are a great many of them at this moment.

From watching him as a youth he has the moves, he has the skil and whilst not having the massive pace he can score goals.

And when did we ever see him really put in a shift for Rovers. He strikes me as lazy. If the ball comes to him he can do things with it but he does not ever go in with any determination to win the ball and make things happen. He is a player who polarises opinion I guess but I just don't see the attraction. He possibly has more to offer than Fowler but then I probably have too.

I didn't see the game.

Was he being lazy for Plymouth?

Souey used to say he "ran his socks off" upfront.

Bring back Dickov!

We cant recall him as far as I know.

Nope, I believe we can't, until Jan.

I don't think we should start scrambling to place Gallagher on a pedestal, in the hope that he will take the form of a Messiah. Ince should persevere with Villaneuva - this guy hasn't had a run in the team either. The boy has talent, we just have to eke it out by giving him a solid foundation to strut his stuff.

By the way, the Rovers Canadian youngster, David Hoilett, is apparently doing very, very well at FC St Pauli in Germany. From everything I've read, this guy is extremely promising - but then...we've heard that before, so I'm not going to get my hopes up. The clunking fist of the Rovers youth system will have something to say.

Gally? God things are bad. Not good enough under Souness, Hughes and Ince. Not exactly setting the lower leagues alight is he?

Not good enough. Get over it. Ben Burgess is better and that was the right decsion too.

gally is maybe not good enough, but i think he is a far better player then Derbyshire is.

No he wasnt, Gally has a free role at Plymouth and sees a lot of the ball.

A tidy performance. Just what we need.

IMO Gally only works well when he's got something to prove - namely a new contract or a chance of a move. I doubt he would consider there being anything to prove back at Rovers; he's unlikely to get another contract off us therefore I'd suggest it's a moot point (supported by previous runs in sides).

Where exactly is his best position anyway? IMO he's a far better passer & user of the ball than he's given credit for, but I think he's a sulker, and ultimately not regular Premiership quality. Think he's found his level at Plymouth, but I'm sure he'd find his natural level if he got a move to the Championship.

Likewise Derbs, think he's not pushed on like he did under Hughes, and I feel he's become unsettled. Despite being another local hero - which often translates as he's given a bit more latitude from some fans - I've a feeling his agent may be casting around for a move for him in January, though I can't imagine there being many better opportunities in the Prem for him (ignoring our false league position!).

As for young DH @ St Pauli - yes, a very exciting prospect with everything in his game. However - as we're constantly reminded, it's a big step-up and it's a long, twisty road, so let's apply some reverse logic and either forget about him or pretend he's rubbish :lol: .

I'm unsure what the situation is with the work permit, just guessed he would play in Germany to eventually qualify through some European dodge or wheeze, being it's his second season out there. Doesn't the law change soon anyway?

I doubt he would consider there being anything to prove back at Rovers; he's unlikely to get another contract off us therefore I'd suggest it's a moot point (supported by previous runs in sides)

I know there have been many questions on here about Gally's professionalism...but, even if they were true, I don't understand how he could feel he has nothing to prove at Rovers. Surely he has everything to prove? Especially with there being a new management team in place. I'm sure it wouldn't take many good performances to get a new contract, if only for the club to ensure that they get a fee for him.

I always remember him being an excellent crosser when he drifted out wide. I'm sure he couldn't be worse than anyone else out there, and it would allow us to move Emerton in to the middle to give us some badly needed quality there.

Archived