BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players Out On Loan

Hughesy

I know there have been many questions on here about Gally's professionalism...but, even if they were true, I don't understand how he could feel he has nothing to prove at Rovers. Surely he has everything to prove? Especially with there being a new management team in place. I'm sure it wouldn't take many good performances to get a new contract, if only for the club to ensure that they get a fee for him.

I always remember him being an excellent crosser when he drifted out wide. I'm sure he couldn't be worse than anyone else out there, and it would allow us to move Emerton in to the middle to give us some badly needed quality there.

Apparently he is loving life on the South Coast and does not want to come back. So in his own mind he has nothing to prove.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gally just scored a stonking goal for Plymouth...

Again.

Apparently he is loving life on the South Coast and does not want to come back. So in his own mind he has nothing to prove.

He can love it all he wants Plymouth, do not have bundles of cash. Most of their budget went on Mpenza, Hayles their previous top earner was on 6K a week, whats Gally on with us? When does his contract with Rovers end and how old is he?

If he keeps doing well how long before Burley gives him a call, that could really spur him on.

Argyle would love to keep him, but can they afford him its a big question mark for them, perhaps there Japanese investor will dig deep?

I'd love to see him come back and do well, I'm a jock who supports Rovers, so seeing a Scot scoring goals for Rovers would be awesome.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Bunn made 2 blunders to hand goals to MK Dons and looky ropey according to report in Observer.

Not according to both team websites and the BBC. The second goal was an ricochete and the first a well driven low shot.

I would have thought he will be recalled tonight and straight into the mixer for the everton game.

How is Judge doing?

From what I've read, he's done quite well and impressed with his energy. However, Plymouth have been struggling badly and Sturrock (!) has moved Judge around and he is yet to establish himself in the side.

• Backroom

Gallagher is an average, lazy player with a bit of flair. Hence every now and then he will bag a decent goal in the championship and people will look at him like he could be the answer but in reality he will never cut it in the top flight.

Gallagher is an average, lazy player with a bit of flair. Hence every now and then he will bag a decent goal in the championship and people will look at him like he could be the answer but in reality he will never cut it in the top flight.

+100

I find it hard to believe that Gallagher who has bundles of ability is out on loan whilst Treacy who appears to have zero ability is a fixture in the first team squad.

Gally is an established name in the lower leagues, Treacy is not (he didn't do much on loan at Stockport). In fact, with his injury problems, Treacy was probably less known than Alan Judge before the breakthrough with the firsts.

Also, Treacy is a left footer.

Spot on TCO.

Plus Gally pulls out of challenges which doesnt go down too well.

Gallagher has scored again tonight for Plymouth to put them 1-0 up against Watford.

That's three in three games and ten for the season I think.

Don't agree with the comments on him above at all. I think he has all the natural talent in the world but just needs to show it on a more consistent basis.

I think Hughes and his staff have got a decent eye for talent (and are good judge of footballers).

Whilst questioning his attitude, they rated Gally highly and thought he was technically one of the best players at the club (during their time here).

I'm a Gally fan, not sure if he'll ever make it, but he for sure has talent, and I don't think he is lazy. When was the last time he had a decent run in the team? Maybe he never showed enough in training but I don't think he has had enough of an opportunity in the first team in recent years for fans to judge him properly unless they saw him during one of his loan spells. just my opinion. His goal return this season is actually pretty good in a struggling Plymouth team, especially considering he is more of a playmaker than a 'natural goal scorer'.

Come on Den, give him some credit. He can undo defences on occasion and IF he is up for it.

For me he flirts too much in and out of the game.

And he has just scored his second goal of the evening.

Just joking 1864!

Archived