BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players Out On Loan

Hughesy

Come on Den, give him some credit. He can undo defences on occasion and IF he is up for it.

For me he flirts too much in and out of the game.

And he has just scored his second goal of the evening.

He has far more ability than the likes of Treacy and we are not exactly overburdened with creative midfield talent are we ? He could have a role in a 5 man midfield though may bee xposed if it comes down to pace and athletisism - sort of a home grown Villanuava - and cheaper

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have got more ability that Treacy with two knackered knees.

I agree totally that Gally is a better option that Treacy or indeed Carlos. I just know that the dark side of Gally has to be the single most reasoning why he isnt a regular at Ewood Park.

• Backroom

Trust me I'd love to be proved wrong and for him to make it for us but I just can't see it.

From what I heard he loves the footballer life maybe more than the football itself, he's on a pretty penny and hence no real drive to improve himself maybe.

Maybe in the past when players had to really prove their worth to make a good living he would have been a real talent.

Like I said I will gladly eat my words if he proves a major player for us in the Prem.

I have got more ability that Treacy with two knackered knees.

I agree totally that Gally is a better option that Treacy or indeed Carlos. I just know that the dark side of Gally has to be the single most reasoning why he isnt a regular at Ewood Park.

In which case we should have got rid years ago ago - doesn't make sense to keep loaning him out only for us to to see flashes of the talent we have seen since he was 18. Agree that he probably won't make it now but we have worse on the books and sometimes on the pitch. Maybe he's still with us to be recalled if we are relegated.............................!

Alan Judge created both Gally goals. Won the penalty and supplied the cross for the winner.

It's good that those two loanees are doing well.

It's a bit embarrassing when, for example, Jemal Johnson, our supposed best reserve striker, goes to Preston and makes a hash of things. (Although, Jemal seems to have reinvented himself as a winger and is likely to be playing in the Champ with MK Dons next season).

I've been thinking for some time that if we were to be relegated, the players that we would be looking at to stay and give their all for the club would be:-

Gallagher, Derbyshire, Treacy, Judge, Kane, Rigters, Haworth, Doran, Andrews, Olsson, Bunn and Brown. Maybe Zurab and possibly Roberts would stay.

But the rest would be off, quick as a flash.

Alan Judge created both Gally goals. Won the penalty and supplied the cross for the winner.

It's good that those two loanees are doing well.

It's a bit embarrassing when, for example, Jemal Johnson, our supposed best reserve striker, goes to Preston and makes a hash of things. (Although, Jemal seems to have reinvented himself as a winger and is likely to be playing in the Champ with MK Dons next season).

Jemal WAS our best reserve striker at the time he played for us. I'm really pleased that he has finally found his feet at MK Dons and will hopefully win promotion this season. With Bruno Berner, it could well be two ex-Rovers winning promotion to the Championship this season.

Because Gally lacks pace and physical presence, he was always going to have a tough time cutting it in the Prem. I'm sure he would have made it 20 years ago but these days it's all about superior athletism.

Id be happy to see Gally do well for us, but just cant see it.

Treacy for all his doubters, just might have something - give the lad time. Ince & Allardyce obviously saw something in him.

Judge also looks a decent prospect.

Noticed yesterday that the young kid - Banton is it? Has gone out on loan to Blackpool - another one hopefully shining and getting some valuable experience.

Id be happy to see Gally do well for us, but just cant see it.

Wouldn't we all. I was so happy when he came on the scene Scottish, a Rover what more could I ask for. I've seen a number of players believe they've made it and forget what it was that got them where they are, once that happens its over. He's enjoying it at Plymouth but his wages will be far too much for them Mpenza is enough of a drain, perhaps their Japanese chappie can dig deep for them. Money is very tight at Plymouth, very tight. He needs to play week in week out he won't get that with us, but I would be keen to say to him OK one more year with an option on the clubs side, then send him on loan to a promoted team where he'll be near the top of the pecking order and should get games if he earns it. If he does well, take the option if not he goes.

Treacy for all his doubters, just might have something - give the lad time. Ince & Allardyce obviously saw something in him.

treacy's had some bad luck. He's not done so well in some games and does seem absent when he's on the pitch at times. But its hard when your young, you get a chance your so keen to do well and you have a stinker(coventry, he took a lot of stick for a kid), it really knocks you back. I think he needs game time, again surely a championship team would play him week in, week out for a couple of months. A run of games at a level where he should enjoy success (good performances) would surely help?

Judge also looks a decent prospect.

Sturrock really rates him.

Noticed yesterday that the young kid - Banton is it? Has gone out on loan to Blackpool - another one hopefully shining and getting some valuable experience.

Really, thats promising isn't he 16? First team games already! I think a game will have to be taken in. You don't make it to YTS with the gunners unless you've got some promise.

Having said that I've just read it was Blackman, not Banton.

The saddest thing is that Gally was genuinely prolific for our reserves - more prolific than the poacher Matt Derbyshire.

Gally seemed to score every type of goal, from the sublime to the commonplace. And if you remember when he made his debut, he was so thin. One of his failings, it seems, is that he has bulked up in a bad way. Meaning that he has become less mobile but not developed real strength.

As for Treacy, I think he's better than he's showing - for whatever reason. However, I fear that even his best will not be good enough because he seems to have absolutely no vision. If he ever makes it as a player, it will be as a one-trick winger, like Keith Gillespie. But even to get to Gillespie's level will require a lot of improvement.

Plymouth Argyle fan here, I've been reading this with interest and thought I would let you know what I thought. Gallagher has been very good at times. Just after he joined us he was superb. During the last few months however, he has looked really poor, he just didn't seem to care. He has aid that he thought he was going back to you and that seemed to really affect him. Recently though he has been as good as ever, he's scored four in the last three games. I don't think he is Premiership standard but he is a good Championship player. Judge has been excellent, he has real potential. Definitely Premiership class.

Some thoughts on Judge

Gallagher goal against Derby

Goals against Crystal Palace

gally v roberts????

after another glaring miss???

I think its fair to say Gally would never get into that position! Roberts for all his wastefulness creates a shedloads of chances. If he could finish he would be an amazing player. He also probs wouldn't be at Rovers.

Plymouth Argyle fan here, I've been reading this with interest and thought I would let you know what I thought. Gallagher has been very good at times. Just after he joined us he was superb. During the last few months however, he has looked really poor, he just didn't seem to care. He has aid that he thought he was going back to you and that seemed to really affect him. Recently though he has been as good as ever, he's scored four in the last three games. I don't think he is Premiership standard but he is a good Championship player. Judge has been excellent, he has real potential. Definitely Premiership class.

Some thoughts on Judge

Gallagher goal against Derby

Goals against Crystal Palace

Welcome to the messageboard 1886,

From what I’ve seen I would agree with your assessments about Gallagher and Judge. Where has Judge been playing the majority of games for you? central midfield? on the wing?

Welcome to the messageboard 1886,

From what I’ve seen I would agree with your assessments about Gallagher and Judge. Where has Judge been playing the majority of games for you? central midfield? on the wing?

He's been out on the wing. Our manager has said "He can float inside. He is not an out-and-out winger type that stands on the touchline. He comes into the little holes where full-backs find it hard to pick him up. He also floats back and helps." He has been superb, played a major part in both goals aginst Watford, he has a good attitude as well, from what i've seen in the interview he gave to our website. As I said, he will definitlely be Premiership quality, Gallagher isn't. I'm sure that part of the reason his form has picked up is that he realises he's not going back to Blackburn and he is trying to get noticed by a bigger Championship club. I'd like us to sign him permanently, I think if he was settled here he would be good at our level but I don't think we can afford him. He'll end up somewhere like Derby or Preston.

With Gally you look at Games per Season and how he has been messed about.

In midfield he would be twice as good as Grella and Andrews......ignored by Hughes;not considered by Ince who could have helped him.

Now slagged off by Hughesy...and I cannot remember when I last saw him play.

The worst midfield for 20 years and a local lad who is really a modern midfielder is ignored and the extra burden of being a Blackburnian.

Archived