BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Formula 1

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am disgusted. Yes, Hamilton cut the corner, but it was wet, they had dry tires on, and he let Raikonnen retake the lead when he could. And wasn't it in the incident when a Williams was returning to the track just as the first two cars were approaching?

It is the same when Schumacher was in a Ferrari, and the same when Eddie Irvine's car was found to break the rules over some aerodynamic thing being to big or small a few years ago. Irvine was Hakkinen's rival for the title, and there were only a couple of races to go. So Ferrari did not get punished, and the results of the race which the offending piece of car was used stood.

It just shows that Ecclestone and the FIA love Ferrari and do everything to advance their cause. I'd be very disillusioned if I was in Hamilton, and be thinking about leaving the sport. Or joining Ferrari, so I can do what I like.

I'd be very disillusioned if I was in Hamilton, and be thinking about leaving the sport.

Yeah right on Billy. Jet set lifestyle, apartments in Monaco and the like and zillions a year in the bank. He'd soon get another job as rewarding....... I don't think.

Of course it is all about money. Rich people cannot be unhappy can they? Hamilton is a born racer, and just wants to win. All the politics and crap is something he has said he doesn't like, and I believe that he did say he may walk away last season after all the nonsense with the spying row, Alonso and so on. That might have been youthful frustration though.

Seems daft to me. I thought all forms of motor sport are non-contact sport. We race karts and it's certainly the case there. Hamilton had to avoid a shunt, backed off afterwards and therefore did the proper and sporting thing. Seems a very strange decision to me.

While we're on the topic can someone explain the "drive through penalty" to me?

Yep as Billy says.

A drive through penalty means they have to coast down the pitlane with their speed limiters on. They do not have to stop.

A stop and go penalty means they stop at their pit box for 10 seconds.

Hamiltons penalty was deemed to be worthy od a a drive through penalty which is deemed as adding 25 seconds to a lap hence the 25 second penalty. Although words still fail me. Even Nicki Lauda who won world titles with Ferrair and was up until recently an employee of Ferrari called it " the worst decision in the history of F1 "

• 2 weeks later...
Hamilton lost his appeal as it was inadmissable. Ferrari's pets act accordingly. So come on Lewis, win the next few races and shove this up Ferrari's bum.

So come on Billy (and all others suffering from a strong sense of injustice) .... don't watch the Grand Prix, instead simply switch off / over the tele for the rest of the season. Nothing would shove it up Ferrari's arse any faster or further.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the psychology is slightly different this year. Last year, Lewis had a massive lead and it was being eaten away in the last few races with cock-ups. This year, he has been adding to the points in the last few races. I also think Lewis is learning to be more tactical and not risk everything for a win or overtaking manouver. He's got to beat the FIA as well as Massa though.

I think the psychology is slightly different this year. Last year, Lewis had a massive lead and it was being eaten away in the last few races with cock-ups. This year, he has been adding to the points in the last few races. I also think Lewis is learning to be more tactical and not risk everything for a win or overtaking manouver. He's got to beat the FIA as well as Massa though.

Haven't there been a number of cock-ups recently? I don't watch it unless my father-in-law comes to us, but I thought Hamilton had made a couple, at least, of mistakes recently.

I agree that he is learning that sometimes you need to be tactical in some races, all he needs to do is qualify well and then stay in the top 5 regardless of how Massa does.

No doubt Raikonen will be trying to help Massa so Hamilton needs Kovalinen to qualify well in this race and help him with the Ferrari's.

As long as it doesn't go the same way as when Mansell needed to finish in the top 4 in the last race in Australia to win the title, he was going well until his rear tyre burst, remember getting up at 5 am to watch that.

• 2 weeks later...

What a race! All I can say. F1 certainly come a long way in terms of entertainment in recent years.

Had the commentary on Five Live and it was amateur in those final laps as they didn't know who was where and what was happening. No mention of Glock (who was bound to be slowing down) during the last lap and it all seemed over.

Wow! That was one of the great sporting moments which I was glad to witness (on TV of course).

The shot of the Ferrari garage prematurely celebrating was a picture.

The good old English rain came to rest on Sao Paulo not a second too soon.

What a race! All I can say. F1 certainly come a long way in terms of entertainment in recent years.

Had the commentary on Five Live and it was amateur in those final laps as they didn't know who was where and what was happening. No mention of Glock (who was bound to be slowing down) during the last lap and it all seemed over.

The ITV TV coverage was superb in terms of building up the drama and intelligently telling you what might happen. Well done ITV for some great coverage over the last few years. I wonder how BBC will fair?

Archived