BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Formula 1

Oh for gods sake leave it will you. You don`t enjoy it, we get the idea. Leave it to those that do please.

If you must know, Hamilton is the world champion, started 18th was expected to do nothing and ended up 3rd. And some people say there is no overtaking. He took 6 cars in the 1st 6 laps! Its worth mentioning.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh for gods sake leave it will you. You don`t enjoy it, we get the idea. Leave it to those that do please.

If you must know, Hamilton is the world champion, started 18th was expected to do nothing and ended up 3rd. And some people say there is no overtaking. He took 6 cars in the 1st 6 laps! Its worth mentioning.

Thats part of the problem though isnt it Alan - Hamilton actually finished 4th but then got 3rd. I have no idea why - it's way too complicated for the casual fan.

As one of those casual fans I can't claim to understand it all but for me this race summed up the bad parts of F1 - I'd rather it was more about driver skill than quality of machinery. As I understand Jenson Button has been around for many years and not been particularly successful. Now suddenly overnight he's Championship favourite (or near enough). All because of the car he is now in. Seems like you could put almost any of the drivers in to the best car and they would suddenly be propelled in to the elite.

I kind of see your point.

1st of all, the Hamilton being promoted after the race sage happened as an incident occured on the last lap and it was to late to penalise the driver involved ( Trulli )

As for the driver winning the title, when hasn`t the champion had the best car?

Senna had the McLaren as did Prost. Mansell had the dominant Williams. Schumacher in the Ferrari. The truth is, with a few exceptions that all of these guys are exceptional. The 20 fastest guys in the world around a circuit. Give tham the right machinery and many of them would be succesful. However, they still have to pilot these machines around 90 degree bends at 150mph. They do not drive themselves. Buttons team mate was playing bumper cars, Button was getting on winning the race. Lewis`s team mate was no where,Lewis started 18th finished 3rd. The cream risies to the top given the oppurtunity.

I see what you mean, but if everyone drove the same car do you believe the result would have been the same?

Should watch A1 they all have the same cars and race in coutries.

I myself prefer the whole F1 set-up where you've got teams trying to improve their car throughout the season. With the new regulations in place it's looks like being more difficult for teams to be at a big advantage but saying that the Brawn GP car does look to be quite a distance better than the other teams base don the first Grand Prix.

i thought that too ,first time i watched in years.the commentators said hes winning but maybe not because he has to swap tyres to soft one but hes used his already.why not stop tyre changes until it rains and race for the full laps and not in the pits. I would give it 4/10 thote it was pretty boring tbh.

Tugay, if they did that it would be called A1 which is crap.

Yeah that occured to me after. Isn't it just that A1GP is missing the star names that F1 has? If you had Hamilton, Alonso, Button, Massa, Raikkonen, Barichello etc competing in A1GP then it'd like get far more viewers.

It never will get those drivers as it is sub standard. Watching A1 is like watching F1 slowed down 30% and it just doesn`t have that edge about it. A1 drivers aspire to be F1 drivers, certainly not the other way round. Teams creating their own chassis, aero packages, gear boxes etc, thats what F1 is all about. Not a standard series, there are many of them all ready.

Would Button win against the field in identical machinery? On his day, yes, I believe so. The same can be said for Lewis, Barichello, Kimi, Massa, Heiki, Kubica, Vettel, Trulli, Heidfeld, Rosberg, Webber. These are top top drivers who have won everything on the way up from karting to F3 to GP2 and the rest.

Thought the Australian GP was alright, great win for Button and the Brawn team.

Plenty of incidents involving overtaking and crashes.

Although some of the top teams look off the pace because their cars are underdeveloped, give it a few weeks of testing and hard work in the factories and the Ferrarri's and McClaren's will be back at the front.

It's only the first race of a long season.

Perhaps pit stops should only be used to change tyres, thus cutting more costs. If Bridgestone develop tyres that can last a whole race, teams will need fewer tyres, and therefore costs are lowered further. The end of the race will also be a bit more interesting as tyres will be frayed and the grip would be fading.

Apparently Hamilton has now been stripped of 3rd completely and had all points taken away.

This sort of thing really is a turn off.

Yeah agreed, it seems now that even when you have finished the race your place is not guranteed.

Yes that sort of rubbish is just spoiling a lot of interest in F1.

That really annoys me too. I wish all these off the track appeals and and court cases would stop. All the rule bending and so on ruins the whole sport. I'd simply like everyone to play it straight and concentrate on the racing.

Archived