Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal Preview

Eddie

--------------------Cruz

Treacy------Carlos-----Andrews----Dunn

--------------------Grella

Warnock---Nelsen-----Samba----Emerton

------------------Robinson

I would be happy with that. Shame to drop Roberts who has been excellent but we need an option in the air and Cruz can do that even if he does come deep. Hopefully Carlos can suprise Wenger, and Treacy's pace down the left is going to be crucial if we are going to hurt the Gunners on the break.

If Grella is still unfit I guess we will need to put Mokoena in there. Hope Vincent is available though as we will need to have a decent stab at retaining the ball!

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My team (tell me if anyone is injured):

-----Robinson-----

Bert-----Zurab/Samba----Nelsen-----Warnock

Pedersen-----Dunn----Andrews-----Villaneuva-----Treacy

--------------RSC-----------

Dunn and Villanueva can push forward, or take turns to push forward to join RSC. Andrews can stay back and keep things steady. I can't decide whether to put Zurab or Samba in, as Samba is quicker, but in bad form. If Pedersen is crap on the right, I'd sub him or Treacy for Judge. I didn't want too many youngsters to start against Arsenal. I also don't think Mokoena is good enough to start against a quick technical team, and both he and Grella would probably get sent off after touching one of the north London Diving team.

--------------------Cruz

Treacy------Carlos-----Andrews----Dunn

--------------------Grella

Warnock---Nelsen-----Samba----Emerton

I would be happy with that. Shame to drop Roberts who has been excellent but we need an option in the air and Cruz can do that even if he does come deep. Hopefully Carlos can suprise Wenger, and Treacy's pace down the left is going to be crucial if we are going to hurt the Gunners on the break.

If Grella is still unfit I guess we will need to put Mokoena in there. Hope Vincent is available though as we will need to have a decent stab at retaining the ball!

Treacy instead of Gamst?

Sure... <_<

A heroic performance from Robinson - shoving the Arsenal fan's taunts in their faces.

A tight battle in midfield giving our newcomers the chance to impress in front of the home faithful.

Any chance that we get will need to be taken.

It's going to be close but I reckon we'll stuff 'em about 10 - 0.

Robinson to start to win a few friends this week. Overlooked for England, l'Arse just the team to shine against.

RSC to score, but probably end up 1:1.

Wenger to spout tripe after the game. At least one of his team to be wearing in-door sunnies during post match interview. I hope it's Cesc.

Arsenal are there for the taking. They stil very much inconsistent, and now would be the right time to play them. I watched them against Fulham, and we know when a few tackles fly in, then they seem to moan and lose their rhythm a bit. So we just need to work hard and get stuck in. Im stil thinking Zurab with Nelsen, and not Samba

Not surprising that article, obviously putting the referee's eyes firmly on the Rovers players this weekend.

As our line up goes, it can start to get a little worrying with injuries. No Dunn, Ooijer, Zurab, Grella or Vogel and possibly RSC.

If all those injuries keep them out of Saturdays game, I can see the line up being:

---------------Robinson---------------

-Emerton-Samba-Nelson-Warnock-

-Ried-Mokoena-Andrews-Pederson-

---------------------Villaneuva--------

----------------Roberts----------------

Anyone know whose the ref? Cant wait.. Its never a dull match when the gunners come up to Ewood. :D

I expect a strong performance irregardless the outcome(a draw I hope). At least matching them in terms of guile and effort.

Gunners always have pace on their flanks so it would be suicidal not to play Emerton at Rb even if Ooijer's fit.

I think this a game we'll get to see Villanueva to have some field time at home to a less physical side.

I would bench Santa also to give him a rest and play a 4231.

Robinson

Emerton Samba Nelsen Warnock

Axe/Grella Andrews

Reid Dunn Mgp

Roberts

Sub : Bunn Ooijer Tugay Villanueva Treacy Judge Santa

Where's best to watch the 'pool v manc game tomorrow??

First game of the season for me and normally get in Ewood Arms but was closed last time i was up. Is it still shut?

Was thinking Aqueduct or Fox and Hounds...... also, what pubs have got setanta for the tea time game??

Uncle Jacks.

But I suppose I would say that!!

Quite a few injuries, and Im pretty certain Andrews will start, although it could a good time to throw in Villanueva who I am sure will be spurring to perform against one of the big sides. Arsenal isnt one of the more physical or bigger sides so it may not be the worst idea to start him. Although that would mean no Roberts. Would we? Dont think so.

Dunny, Grella, Ooijer, Zurab, Judge out injured and Emerton possibly might be out:

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/New...1390644,00.html

Vogel is back in training and the lardarse is fit.

Bloody hell! Hmmm. I guess we could take a leaf out of England's book and end up looking something like this?

-------------------Roberts

----Treacy--------Carlos---------Cruz

-----------Mokoena-------Reid

Warnock----Nelsen------Samba---Simpson

--------------------Robinson

More likely to be this I guess though, which won't be much cop in my opinion:

-----------------Roberts

-------------------Cruz

----Pedersen--------Andrews----Reid

-----------------Axe

Warnock---Nelsen---Samba---Simpson