BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal Preview

Eddie

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Q: Now onto blackburn...what do you think of our new manager?

A: It was a gamble given his previous experience was Macclesfield and the MK Dons, some good signings though so I guess we shall see...

Q: So are you saying that he only got the job because he's black?

:lol:

Anyway, it's shaping up to be a tough old start to the season. Ballsing it up a little against Hull puts a bit more pressure on this game if the, being realistic, expected loss leaves us with 4 points from 4 games.

However, with the International break I don't see us getting much more than a draw.

international break? you dont honestly believe this do you? Give me 50 k a week and i would travel anywhere and play anywhere and i wouldnt... complain of being tired.Ive done denver for the footy before by leaving on a friday morning ,getting in denver sat afternoon ,one night in the red lion ,steamed all day sunday watch the game drink after the game .get up at 6am for the flight home ,get in manchester 7am tuesday morning and be in work 7am wedensday morning...was i tired no ,did i moan no did effect me at work no....why because its something i love doing......im sick of all this namby pampy modern day football world...MARD ARSES THE LOT OF EM

oh and arsenal didnt have anyone away so they wont they wont be tired will they.

Having read Ince's pre-match comments, I'm a little worried.

Ince has been spouting the spiel about Arsenal being too good to try and stifle, suggesting that we will shock them with attacking verve.

Arsene Wenger loves teams with naive attacking intent because he knows that his team thrive in these conditions.

The best way to play Arsenal is to sit deep, harry and pose a serious counter-attack when you can. There's no way we can win by playing them at their own game - if that is what Ince is implying.

Having read Ince's pre-match comments, I'm a little worried.

Ince has been spouting the spiel about Arsenal being too good to try and stifle, suggesting that we will shock them with attacking verve.

Arsene Wenger loves teams with naive attacking intent because he knows that his team thrive in these conditions.

The best way to play Arsenal is to sit deep, harry and pose a serious counter-attack when you can. There's no way we can win by playing them at their own game - if that is what Ince is implying.

Yup, we would be destroyed..

He might be bluffing Wenger so that we come out sitting deep and it suprises him. We don't have a chance unless we play five in midfield....

I reckon arsenal are there for the taking as fulham showed a few weeks ago, they have a few players out and wenger has come out and said he will be rotating, so it could be the best time to play them.

However Santa Cruz will probably be as poor as he was against hull cos of the paraguay game.

I`d also like to see a diamond formation with reid holding and king carlos in an attacking role.

1-1

Team news in:

ROVERS: Robinson, Simpson, Samba, Nelsen ©, Warnock, Emerton, Reid, Andrews, Pedersen, Santa Cruz, Roberts. Subs: Brown (GK), Tugay, McCarthy, Mokoena, Villanueva, Treacy, Derbyshire.

ARSENAL: Almunia, Sagna, Fabregas, Toure, Gallas ©, van Persie, Walcott, Denilson, Clichy, Adebayor, Eboue. Subs: Fabianski (GK), Ramsey, Song, Wilshere, Djourou, Bendtner, Gibbs.

So its looking like:

Robinson

Simpson Samba Nelsen Warnock

Emerton Reid Andrews Pedersen

Santa Cruz Roberts

I would have played a five man midfield personally, but i will be interested to see who out of Andrews and Reidy will make the forward runs.

I hope Roque is 100% fit, if he has any knock, tenderness or tweaks he shouldn't be playing IMO.

Looking at the way i think we are lined out i am not optimistic...

Hmmmm not too sure about the midfield selected for this one. I think flooding the midfild with an extra man may have been better. Oh well, I'm willing to give Ince the benefit of doubt.

I'll go with score draw 1-1.

At least the Scum have lost ;)

Edit - Would like to see Carlos get at least 30 minutes today - if only for his potential at set pieces!

angered by this line-up.

Why don't we play the Chilean? I don't care if he has chickenpox, cancer, aids, malaria, whatever. He's still better than Steven Reid who can't play football anymore. And with the reserve Spurs keeper and United defender we are going to get massacred. 1-4 Arsenal

angered by this line-up.

Why don't we play the Chilean? I don't care if he has chickenpox, cancer, aids, malaria, whatever. He's still better than Steven Reid who can't play football anymore. And with the reserve Spurs keeper and United defender we are going to get massacred. 1-4 Arsenal

was hoping Villanueva would have started today im sure we will see him at somepoint today, but with englands no2, santa cruz and a few players with points to prove hopefully we should be ok

prepares humble pie

Archived