BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Flags Being Put Up On Lamp Posts

Gav

I've just driven through Ewood and noticed Rovers flags being put up on lamp posts.

This idea was mentioned on here a couple of years ago, to make Ewood seem more like it has a football ground in the area. Must say I’d prefer the flags to be a bit bigger but it’s a start.

Can anyone shed any light on how this has come about, or maybe they've always been there and I'm just blind.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just driven through Ewood and noticed Rovers flags being put up on lamp posts.

This idea was mentioned on here a couple of years ago, to make Ewood seem more like it has a football ground in the area. Must say I’d prefer the flags to be a bit bigger but it’s a start.

Can anyone shed any light on how this has come about, or maybe they've always been there and I'm just blind.

There was a comment at the Fans' Forum last week about this, but I didn't minute it. I didn't think it was imminent but clearly it was.

Workmen still putting them in place as far as the Bear hotel at 4:30 as I made my way home from work.Agreed,could have been a little bigger.

Its a start pal, maybe they should reflect the clubs achievements.

The town should celebrate the fact its got a premiership football club, and this is a start.

Lets get the bin colour changed from claret next :D

Very encouraging, I'd say. I know John Williams was saying a while back that the town should celebrate it's football club, I'm all for it. Shame as it was about the old church, the club looks much better without it there, too.

Flags on lamp posts, shed any light, very good Gav.

Anything that helps to promote the club im all for.

Does anyone know what they are doing with the church land?? Did Tesco Metro buy it?

We were told at work its been bought by an (un-named) outfit connected to rovers ??? but its been leased to rovers for parking

The flags look good (The proud home of Blackburn Rovers , Welcome To Ewood Park etc ) were put up this aft by BwD council guys , noticed they have put em real high to stop them being robbed lol

PB

We were told at work its been bought by an (un-named) outfit connected to rovers ??? but its been leased to rovers for parking

The flags look good (The proud home of Blackburn Rovers , Welcome To Ewood Park etc ) were put up this aft by BwD council guys , noticed they have put em real high to stop them being robbed lol

PB

The trust maybe :D

AND WHO IS THE OTHER "PRESTON BLUE" ? Please change your name....ta

the original "PB" !!

Let me think about that one .............. erm NO

want me to change my e-mail addys oh and my domain name not likely

I own prestonblue.com google me you will get lots of results

Its ok i will allow you to use my name for now cheers PB :P

Archived