BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fan Or Hypocrite

Outspoken comment's with regard to the English game in recent times, great footballer as he was.

Is his place in the Hall of Fame justified, As a footballer I would say yes.

“I feel particularly touched by the decision to induct me into the National Football Museum Hall of Fame and it is a great honour for me,” he stated.

“I remain a true fan of the English game and I look forward to meeting some of the players with whom I shared the pitch during my career,” Platini added.

Platini To Receive Special Recognition

Racism differentiates one group of people from another. It's apt.

French people are not a race. they are a nationality. Zidane is a different race to Cantona.

Anyway, Platini is talking crap. He hates England and tows the 'hooligans are only English' line that always goes on. His comments about teams in debt are quite true though, just as long as he includes the likes of Real madrid, who get bailed out by the Spanish state when they get in a sticky situation, or the funny accounting that probably goes on at AC Milan (well they are owned by Berlosconi).

Do explain.....

You can't throw acusations around like that, please think before typing.

The accusation was towards the person, not the website. Read between the lines. ;) Anyway, I don't wanna drag this even more OT, but racism can apply to prejudice against nationality even if it isn't technically a race.

I didn't know racism was tolerated here.

Since when were the french a race?

but racism can apply to prejudice against nationality even if it isn't technically a race.

Speaking as a left winger and apparently one of the "PC brigade" I bloody hope not.

Oh dear poor ill-informed poster makes incorrect political statement - cue another thread heading in one direction only.

Now then back on topic - Platini is nothing but Blatter's little puppet. Nice to see he's being kept sweet though, despite his dislike for the English (which obviously makes him a racist :D)

Sorry couldn't resist.

Archived